402 horsepower, 564 lb-ft of torque

electronically limited 112 mph top speed

rhxubnwj5owlbwqrs3zf.jpg

0 - 60 in 4.9 seconds

Up to 200 mile range

kgxoi2fek4jxyna698bw.jpg

10% to 80% charge in 40 minutes

kfmtldwupa6f7fcntcpk.jpg

I thought they were going with the theme of GL before the names of their SUVs? (Besides the G-Wagen)

It would've been funny if they called it a GLEQC instead.

Huh, I was wondering what the new Macan’s read looked like in white... oh.

It at least makes more sense on an EV than an ICE vehicle.

Pretty much this, there is not much to get excited over when viewing an electric motor anyway... Unless you are intrigued by "high voltage" warning signs.

The front looks like an Outlander PHEV, complete with a restyled Mitsubishi badge.

Idiots. They put the charge port in same location as gas pump inlet. Huh? They should have put it either at the rear under a tail-light like Tesla or at the front of the car like on a Leaf. Location they used is both ugly and stupid. Fail. :(

Can't say I'm too impressed with this effort. How does it not have a frunk? The batteries are in the floor and the motors are next to the wheels. C'mon Mercedes. So far only Jaguar has managed to produce a true Tesla competitor with it's I-Pace.

Not surprised in the slightest their first 100% EV in the lineup is an SUV.

Interior doesn't look bad though.

I think the front is hideous, it looks like the front of a family car from the 90's stuck on to an SUV. I can't quite believe they went with such a dated design and also one which makes the car look cheap.

I hope this design language stays within the EQ range and doesn't spread to the normal Merc's, although their 'triangles everywhere' design language is also questionable imo.

Mercedes-Benz claims that electric cars are going to be cheaper than ICE's, seven years from now.

Is the current-gen EQC about to become the shortest-lived mass-produced EV? The prototype for its replacement has already been spied testing:
second-gen-mercedes-benz-eqc-spy-photo.jpg

second-gen-mercedes-benz-eqc-spy-photo.jpg

From first impressions, this looks like an all-new car (or at least significant overhaul) as opposed to a facelift.

Back