Mercedes F1 setup

United States
Colorado
I'm having trouble finding a good setup. I thought I had one but I can't win the last race. It just doesn't make sense. I won the first two races with no problems. It's when I'm going into a turn I spin around. Its undriveble now.

garystevens64

I'm having trouble finding a good setup. I thought I had one but I can't win the last race. It just doesn't make sense. I won the first two races with no problems. It's when I'm going into a turn I spin around. Its undriveble now.

garystevens64
Mercedes-AMG F1 W08 EQ Power + '17 - Gr.X with a little bit of throttle in the corners, it will stop the car from spinning. If you have no throttle in the corners, and then you press to much throttle then you will spin.

Edit: you say you won the first two races with no problems and then you say Its undriveable now, now that is very strange.

Last edited:

garystevens64
unlike you Gary, I breezed through the 2nd and 3rd and am struggling with the 1st...haha

Mercedes-AMG F1 W08 EQ Power + '17 - Gr.X with a little bit of throttle in the corners, it will stop the car from spinning. If you have no throttle in the corners, and then you press to much throttle then you will spin.

very good analysis my dear friend . It is necessary to keep enough speed in the bend without touching the gases and reaccelerate that at the exit.

very good analysis my dear friend . It is necessary to keep enough speed in the bend without touching the gases and re accelerate that at the exit.

You are 100% right, I think the setups are good its just me giving it to much gas on exit. When you don't drive these cars that much (GrX's) make it hard to drive. They are so much different that a regular car. Where sometimes its seem to take forever to for the gas to start on exit. The other problem is I'm just using the PS4 controller and not using a game wheel.

You are 100% right, I think the setups are good its just me giving it to much gas on exit. When you don't drive these cars that much (GrX's) make it hard to drive. They are so much different that a regular car. Where sometimes its seem to take forever to for the gas to start on exit. The other problem is I'm just using the PS4 controller and not using a game wheel.
I don't know how to play GT with a controller, but if you can fix the throttle into 3rd gear at the hairpin that might stop it spinning. Also try to only increase the throttle in slow corners when the car is in a straight line. So for the hairpin, keep to the right before the severe left slow speed turn, brake, then with a low fixed throttle amount turn gently - not that a severe turn at the hairpin will also spin the car - and go out to the right of the track, and when the car is quite straight, then try to gently apply more throttle. Increasing traction control can assist too.

Back