Metallica, or Megadeth ???Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter MugenVTEC
  • 17 comments
  • 872 views

Metallica or Megadeth ??


  • Total voters
    20
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
897
Everytime that subject comes up in my head, I just want to know what the people likes more. But I always stop by saying that Metallica is more loved by people because its more popular than Megadeth and things like that. Metallica and Megadeth's fans are always *****ing each others to say that one band is better than the other, but why could we compare both if they are not even in the same category. Metallica is like calm and heavy metal melodic, and Megadeth is speed, heavy metal with hard guitar solo's and the unique Mustaine's voice.

So my question is, and my poll is, Metallica or Megadeth ???

Vote and justify your point :)




I've been a long time Metallica fan over the years and didnt really heard Megadeth so much (except for the Risk album, which the song Crush'Em was the entrance theme of Goldberg when turning the movie Universal Soldier 2). Risk has been rated as the baddest album ever made by Megadeth, and if I listen to it today, I agree. Since 2 years I've been getting into listening to Megadeth and liked it. But my love didnt been that big before I saw the Rude Awakening DVD. I have been totally amazed and now I'm so addicted to this band, I cant barely listen to anything else. I've listened to Metallica last month and found out that Megadeth CANT be compared to it. I found Metallica too calm. Well its my opinion... :D
 
I believe I made the same poll a long time ago, but meh.

I prefer Metallica. Megadeth have a few good songs, but no real stand out albums.
 
i've been listening to alot more megadeth than "tallica" lately. so i'm gonna have to go with megadeth :p
 
Metallica all the way. 👍

I've only listened to one album from Megadeth (can't remember which one), and never really liked it. Nothing to keep my interest in listening.
 
Metallica for everything up too Black. Every past that just puts them down a notch.
 
Megadeth for me
 
Metallica will easily win this. 👍
 
I've always listened to Metallica for as long as I can remember, so I'm gunna have to go with them. I've only heard one megadeath song so I'm a little biased :D
 
under18carbon
Metallica all the way. 👍

I've only listened to one album from Megadeth (can't remember which one), and never really liked it. Nothing to keep my interest in listening.

Albums after Risk (1999) never been at the top of what Megadeth was in the past (except for Rude Awakening Live CD/DVD). So if you listened to something after Risk, thats for sure not the best thing to understand what Megadeth truly was. :)
 
Anthrax
 
MugenVTEC
Wow, we are just a few that likes Megadeth.


I've only heard one song from them as I just recently started pursuing older albums from bands. The song I heard was "Kill the King" and I thought it was a pretty killer song.
 
Its in my opinion is not one of the best.

Try looking for Wake Up Dead, She Wolf, Devil's Island, Hangar 18, Mechanix, Sweating Bullets, Symphony of Destruction (the classic of Megadeth), Peace Sells, Holy Wars (a must to know for every guitar player)

EDIT: Thats the one I like the most by the way. If you can get them live (from the Rude Awakening CD), I would say you'd like it much more cause Megadeth studio version is not that good.

EDIT: I can share some songs too, but sssh, admins will ban me for illegal music sharing... ;)
 
Metallica for me. Megadeth is good, but really not as good as Metallica.
 
MugenVTEC
Albums after Risk (1999) never been at the top of what Megadeth was in the past (except for Rude Awakening Live CD/DVD). So if you listened to something after Risk, thats for sure not the best thing to understand what Megadeth truly was. :)

OK, now I remember, the album I listened to was "Rust In Peace". Didn't enjoy it unfortunately.
 
under18carbon
OK, now I remember, the album I listened to was "Rust In Peace". Didn't enjoy it unfortunately.

Oh well... I cant fight against it :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back