Megadeth vs Pre-Black Album MetallicaMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shannon
  • 60 comments
  • 4,095 views

Megadeth vs Pre-Black Album Metallica

  • Megadeth

    Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Pre-Black Album Metallica

    Votes: 24 70.6%
  • Neither

    Votes: 3 8.8%

  • Total voters
    34
Messages
15,799
Sounds like a fairly decent match up, no? Vote now....or die! :grumpy:

Edit: By 'Pre-Black Album' I mean the black album and everything before it...
 
I'm going to be a bastige and say 'neither', just cause I can. :D

(go Metallica)
 
Megadeth. I love all their albums, barring anything post Euthenasia (sp). Metallica has great songs on their early albums, but in terms of album V album, Megadeth > Metallica.
 
Since I can't stand David Mustain, I say pre Black album Metallica. But, then I love the Black album, so maybe my vote doesn't count, hmm?
 
Originally posted by Solid Lifters
Since I can't stand David Mustain, I say pre Black album Metallica. But, then I love the Black album, so maybe my vote doesn't count, hmm?
Pre-Black Album includes the black album. ;)
 
Megadeth baby!

Though, when I voted I didn't think the Pre-Black Album included the Black Album. That might have changed my mind.

Pre-Black is an exclusionary term. I figured you meant "before metallica sold out" rather than "everything up to and including the first time metallica sold out." :)

Just kidding, I don't actually think they sold out (at least, not in a bad way). But Megadeth rules!!!!!
 
Man, All Metallica is better than MegaDeath. ( My OPINION, just because I say it doesn't mean get PISSED at silverzone.)
 
Megadeth is musically weak compared to Metallica. Matallica takes this one.
 
Originally posted by milefile
Megadeth is musically weak compared to Metallica. Matallica takes this one.

musically weak?...Marty Friedman is a stunning classically trained genius.....you must be deaf...

i vote both...i was a fan of both bands in their day, thier styles are remarkably different...you cant really compare them...
 
That would be nifty if they played classical music. But they're just another mediocre metal band. Metallica is better. Kirk Hammet is a far better lead guitarist. The drumming is better. The singing for both is just okay. And Metallica has much better metal production. I've just never been able to enjoy Megadeth much. I tried.
 
Originally posted by milefile
I've just never been able to enjoy Megadeth much. I tried.

fair do's...:)

mind you, both bands are classically influenced and occasionally this undercurrent shows through....right from kill 'em all through to justice..
 
Well Dave Mustaine had been living in the shadows of Metallic ever since Kill em All when he left. . . I just can't support Metallic anymore, after the Lars Ulrich uprising and the "Napster Bad", I can't stand Metallic. . . Their music before 1997 was great, amazing and well played. Which mainly consists of the topic of this thread, but "Take a Load" came out and then "Re-Exploded" came out. . . they were just crap, not Metallic and totally against what that band originally was about. . . My vote goes to Megadeth even though they have never gotten out of the shadow of Selloutica. . .
 
My brother played some of St. Anger for me the other night, the first I'd heard (not really into metal anymore), and I was impressed. Looks like they're back to what they're good at: fast, hard metal.
 
Haven't really had an urge to even listen to Metallica to tell the truth. . . Nor Megadeth for that fact in a longtime. . . Actually just recently I popped in Rust In Peace and started jamming to some old school music I used to listen too. . . I can't remember the last time I listened to Metallica though. . . I haven't heard anything from them after "Re-Bloated" though. . .
 
my fave megadeth albums are So Far So Good...So What? and Youthanasia...

but like maita said, Mustaine has always held a grudge against Metallica for kickin him out...
 
Metallica is definitely more technically talented. I don't think that can really be questioned.

Before black, though, their production just sucked. They sounded like they were playing in a tin can and many of the songs on their albums were weak. They had a few soungs that were GREAT but it's not enough to overcome megadeth. Megadeth has a groove and make really quality albums which (at least today) have better production quality than the pre-black metallica albums. Megadeth is just more cohesive than pre-black metallica.

On the otherhand, Megadeth loses bigtime to Metallica on the whole because Metallica started to branch out in their music and got some good production equipment starting with black. Megadeth held to their formula and, in my opinion, got stale while Metallica tried (and succeeded) at new things.
 
well unlike someone right above me i think that pre black album metallica were the gods of metal and then starting with the black album they were merely masters. i voted for metallica because they are the greatest metal band ever.
 
Originally posted by gt4
well unlike someone right above me i think that pre black album metallica were the gods of metal and then starting with the black album they were merely masters. i voted for metallica because they are the greatest metal band ever.
I simply don't agree with that. . . I mean Ozzy the father of metal. . . Black Sabbath where are they on your list? Pantera / Slayer / Sepultura / Motley Crew :lol: / GnR / I mean all of metal or a specific? I can see them being the greatest of some type of metal, but there are so many out there that I don't agree. . .
 
Metallicaaaaa! New cd sucks, old cds rule. End of discussion.
 
Bravo. . . close thread
 
So yeah. . . David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar?
 
Originally posted by Acid X
Metallicaaaaa! New cd sucks, old cds rule. End of discussion.

The new cd is great so shut it. :p
 
I thought the new one was pretty good, too. Just plain metal.
 
Originally posted by miata13B
I simply don't agree with that. . . I mean Ozzy the father of metal. . . Black Sabbath where are they on your list? Pantera / Slayer / Sepultura / Motley Crew :lol: / GnR / I mean all of metal or a specific? I can see them being the greatest of some type of metal, but there are so many out there that I don't agree. . .

I agree there are so many different kinds of metal that its hard to pick just one but if say you were to take the best of each kind of metal then compare them all I would pick metallica which is of course just my opinion.
 
Originally posted by gt4
I agree there are so many different kinds of metal that its hard to pick just one but if say you were to take the best of each kind of metal then compare them all I would pick metallica which is of course just my opinion.
Throughly noted. . . stacked. . . sorted. . . and filed. . . Based on that though I truly would have to stick with Black Sabbath or Ozzy . . . :D
 
MEGADETH

I know more about Megadeth than Metallica.

Peace Sells.....But Who's Buying?
 
Originally posted by gtavcfan
MEGADETH

I know more about Megadeth than Metallica.

Peace Sells.....But Who's Buying?
Too bad Killing is my business and my business is good. . . I leave you rusting in your peace while I have a countdown to Extinction. . . Your Hidden Treasure will be seized because of your pratice of youthanasia. . . So Far So good so what do you think :D :lol:
 
Back