Miata Madness Monday Dec 21st!!

• Thread starter GTR4MROD
  • 107 comments
United States
Texas
5734E027-D69D-4D65-8224-A4585C7DEB16.jpeg

Alright Gentleman, The Mazda Miata Touring Car series is about to begin Monday Oct 26th @ 8:30PM Central.

Practice Lobby open at @8:00PM Central
Qualifier starts at 8:30 Sharp. Reminder the race automatically starts after the qualifier ends using GTSport system.

BOP
HP-266
WEIGHT-1753

THE SCHEDULE:

Oct 26th ———- Tsukuba Circuit
Nov 9th ———- Maggiore Center II
Nov 23rd———- Redbull Short
Dec 7th ———- Sardegna Road Track C
Dec 21st———- Brands Hatch Indy
Jan 4th ———- Goodwood
(Time of Day TBD)

Racing Soft tires.
X5 Tire Wear
X5 Fuel

5 minute Qualifier using GTSPORT Feature.

Race 1 - 25 Minutes
(Grid set by Qualifier)
Race 2 - 25 Minutes
(Reverse Grid)

Confirm HERE

championship_points.jpg

Points after @ Goodwood
(each race counts for points)

GTR4MROD -----------------198 Points
SYD ----------------- 183 Points
MOBY ----------------- 169 Points
DRSPYDER ----------------- 162 Points
TEX ----------------- 66 Points
GUIDO ----------------- 63 Points
KINETIC ----------------- 60 Points
SAMHAIN ---------------------50 Points
XRAD -------------------------33 Points
BPEACOCK ----------------- 26 Points
PAPUNK ----------------- 21 Points
DRUMMER ----------------- 4 Points

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like it would be fun. At best I could probably join bi-weekly or if you did monthly I probably could be there 100%. Which ever direction you go I will most likely be attending.

Six, 45min races though, damn. That's 4 hours of racing. I don't think I can swing 4 hours of race time Lol

Unless I am reading that wrong and you are not meaning 6 races a night. But 6 races for the series.

Sounds like it would be fun. At best I could probably join bi-weekly or if you did monthly I probably could be there 100%. Which ever direction you go I will most likely be attending.

Six, 45min races though, damn. That's 4 hours of racing. I don't think I can swing 4 hours of race time Lol

Unless I am reading that wrong and you are not meaning 6 races a night. But 6 races for the series.
I suspect it is intended as a single 45-min race over 6 separate events.

6 Tracks
Race would be either 45 min or
2 races of 25 min each. NOT 4 hours of racing lol.
Have you chosen the 6 tracks?
Please give the full car ID, if you will - might avoid some misunderstandings (which always seem to happen)

Last edited:
Have you chosen the 6 tracks?
Please give the full car ID, if you will - might avoid some misunderstandings (which always seem to happen)

Haven’t decided was just gonna run short test races today at around 8 pm Central time if anyone joins. The Mazda is the one shown above I believe it’s the roadster touring car. Power ratio is max at 266 hp and weight would be 1753 which is the lowest with full upgrades. Basically 130 power ratio and 100 weight reduction ratio. Tuning prohibited.

Tracks being considered are

Tsukuba
Maggiore Center II
Redbull Short
Good wood
Sardegna Road track C
Brands Hatch Indy or Bluemoon Infield )not sure which variation yet.)

Last edited:
If anything I’ll post a form to fill out later this week and maybe have our first legit race next Monday. I am leaning towards the 2-25 minute races for the night and a bi monthly series. Thoughts?

Bi-monthly: Every other Monday night? Sounds good to me.

Personally speaking, I like the 8pm Central time slot. Since I rise at 5am each weekday for work at the school, not really able to stay up late ............ particularly on a Monday night.
However, the majority of preference would establish the best time for those interested.
IMHO

Personally speaking, I like the 8pm Central time slot. Since I rise at 5am each weekday for work at the school, not really able to stay up late ............ particularly on a Monday night.
However, the majority of preference would establish the best time for those interested.
IMHO
Same here 8 pm central would be start time. Probably looking at a 5 min qualy using the gt sport qualification system as I won’t be worried about times but rather average placing over the 2 races. First race would be set by qualy and the second would be reverse grid after race 1. Average of both races determines the top 10 for points. Simple.

Enjoyed the Series Preview Practice last night. Thoroughly enjoy that car and the way it handles.
Hope a good number will be interested in joining. Suspect even the 25-min events will require a Pit Stop, which always presents the Strategy side of racing.
Thank you, Sir, for presenting the possibility of this series.

Any info about the Series in regard to this Monday night? Starting?

Alright Gentleman, The Mazda Miata Touring Car series is about to begin Monday Oct 26th @ 8:30PM Central.

Practice Lobby open at @8:00PM Central
Qualifier starts at 8:30 Sharp. Reminder the race automatically starts after the qualifier ends using GTSport system.

BOP
HP-266
WEIGHT-1753

THE SCHEDULE:

Oct 26th ———- Tsukuba Circuit
Nov 9th ———- Maggiore Center II
Nov 23rd———- Redbull Short
Dec 7th ———- Sardegna Road Track C
Dec 21st———- Brands Hatch Indy
Jan 4th ———- Goodwood
(Time of Day TBD)

Racing Soft tires.
X5 Tire Wear
X5 Fuel

5 minute Qualifier using GTSPORT Feature.

Race 1 - 25 Minutes
(Grid set by Qualifier)
Race 2 - 25 Minutes
(Reverse Grid)

Confirm HERE

Good Morning Miata heads. A reminder tonight is the inaugural Mazda Miata Monday Madness Bi-Monthly Series. Make sure to confirm here in the thread if you plan on making it.

Back