Michael Schumacher badly hurt in ski accident

• Thread starter ZoidFile
  • 727 comments
Yeah, the German site is stating that it's nothing "too worrying".
Looks like the first reports were exaggerated.

Saw the news ticker on BBC News and feared the worst for a moment, before it went on to say he was injured and remained conscious.

Hope it isn't any worse than it is. Sounds like quit an impact considering he had a helmet on.

Last edited:
A statement from Grenoble hospital/Schumacher's management is expected soon hopefully it will contain positive news, some sites have reported worrying information such as BILD saying his life is in danger, very scary.

Not a massive fan of F1 so I don't know much really about him. I just wish him a speedy recovery back to full health 👍

I read this early in the morning. I genuinely hope he recovers well. Having grown up watching F1 and playing F1 games, he is why I hated Ferrari drivers in video games.

Get well soon, Michael. Got angry at him a lot in my youth (for obvious reasons - *cough* McLaren and Finnish drivers) but I guess we can leave that behind now. Would hate to see a 7-time world champ go out like this.

So many mixed reports on this. Some say he's going to be ok and that it was a minor injury, while others are saying it's life-threatening and that it was serious/major trauma.

So many mixed reports on this. Some say he's going to be ok and that it was a minor injury, while others are saying it's life-threatening and that it was serious/major trauma.

Looks like the latest reports are very bad, saying condition has worsened and is badly injured :(

better wait for something official from his camp though

I'm refreshing twitter all time and keeping an eye on news. Get well soon Michael.

This kind of thing gets exaggerated initially, but everything I have read says it is definitely not life threatening. Get well soon Michael 👍

Also, being conscious the whole way through is a good sign. And thank god he was wearing a helmet.

Not a massive fan of F1 so I don't know much really about him. I just wish him a speedy recovery back to full health 👍

Most winning driver in F1...and holds the most WDCs at 7, and many other F1 records

Glad to hear thought that even non-f1 fans are wishing well, it's great and I too wish him the best.

This kind of thing gets exaggerated initially, but everything I have read says it is definitely not life threatening. Get well soon Michael 👍

This kind of thing can very easily be life threatening.

I know, but every single report says not life threatening. I'm not saying it's an insignificant injury, just it's not a 99.9% certain death thing. I wish him all the best in recovery.

Without the helmet, he would have been dead by now. Let's hope his condition improves soon, and let it serve as a lesson to always wear a helmet.

@GTPorsche Mirror is garbage sensationalist tabloid stuff, but all reports are saying he is in critical condition now. Everyone on GTP, pray for the best, and let's hope he makes a full recovery from this.

Official statement from Grenoble hospital, translated from Gazzetta.it

"Mr. Schumacher - the statement - it arrived in Grenoble at 12.40, following a skiing accident happened in the late morning. It presented a serious head injury and arrived at the hospital in a coma. It has become necessary for an immediate neurosurgical intervention and the situation remains critical. "

Official statement from Grenoble hospital, translated from Gazzetta.it

"Mr. Schumacher - the statement - it arrived in Grenoble at 12.40, following a skiing accident happened in the late morning. It presented a serious head injury and arrived at the hospital in a coma. It has become necessary for an immediate neurosurgical intervention and the situation remains critical. "

@GTPorsche Mirror is garbage sensationalist tabloid stuff, but all reports are saying he is in critical condition now. Everyone on GTP, pray for the best, and let's hope he makes a full recovery from this.

Skysportsnews have confirmed it is worse than originally thought.

Cerebral hemorrhage survival rates are about 65% - he has the odds with him. Coma sounds bad though, can't help comparing it to the news with Simonsen - he was initially reported as conscious, but things got bad quickly.

Back