**CLOSED** See the new thread: Michelin Pilot GS Sprint Challenge presented by SnailFinished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 545 comments
Important Series Announcement
Interim Race Night
Procedures and Rules

Below are interim procedures and rules we will utilize to adapt what we have available in the lobbies to fit our needs within the series.
--Race Night Procedure
-9pm est: Room will open at or slightly before. Drivers may enter the track and begin hot lap Qualifying. (Once on track, do not leave the track or enter the pits for any reason. Otherwise, your fastest lap displayed in your lap history mfd may be erased)
-9pm-9:25pm est: Open hot lapping. Until 9:25pm est. At that time, all drivers are to remain on track, park at turn 1, and set your mfd to the lap history which shows sector bests, fast lap, and optimal lap. (Your fastest lap will be your qualifying time.)
9:25pm est 9:35pm est: I will return to lobby, at which point I will scroll through each driver to take a picture of their lap history. (Please be sure to have the correct mfd display shown, and I'd ask all drivers to keep their cars static during this time)
-9:35pm -10:10pm est: Race 1 will start.
The Race Director will ask everyone to press "pause" to verify driver count shown at the bottom of the screen.
(See start procedure noted below.)
-10:10-10:20pm est: break and scoring
-10:20pm est: All drivers are to enter the pits only. Do not go out on track. The Race Director will ask everyone to press "pause" to verify driver count shown at the bottom of the screen.
(See start procedure noted below)

Starting Procedure
-Race 1 from the grid:
All drivers will be on the starting grid. After the lights go out, drivers should procede forward slowly in the same order and "row" they would be on the grid. Drivers are to tighten up side by side and hold at approximately 50 mph. Drivers must pay attention to avoid any contact with other cars at all times. (The race director will instruct the lead car as to when and where we will start. This can and will change based on track...could be the longest straight or the start/finish line..whichever gives us the longest straight for a clean start.) The race director will clarify to the grid where the start point will be as we are rounding the track for lap 1. Race length will be laps to equal 40 minutes, +1 lap.
-Drivers are not to try and attempt a jump on the start. Any drivers found to have throttled in before the row in front of them and gained a major advantage or are a cause of incident will recieve a 10 point penalty against their overall score for the night.
-1 Restart Caution will be available per race. Instructions to be noted in Confirmation Posts and Pre Race Briefings.

Race 2
-after our break, Race 2 will be started. No drivers are to leave the grid until called upon. Once the lights go out, the Race Director will call out the grid order and which side odd and even places are to line up. Each driver is to pull forward just before turn 1, and line up as instructed. Once the entire grid is in order and in formation, the Race Director will instruct the front row to lead us at the 50mph pace speed to the pre-determined start point. The race will start when they launch from a roll at the start point. Again, do not jump the start.

Scoring
-Qualifying laps will be recorded as noted above.
-until proper timing is made available to us, only qualifying times, starting order, finishing order, and Race placements and points will be shown.

Last edited:
Just passed 1800km on this thing doing some testing at Suzuka. Was chasing a weird feeling front end and couldn't figure it out. Tried a few more setups but everything felt worse than what I already had. In one of the replays I was walking around the car when it was mid corner and noticed that the loaded front tire was crammed into the fender. So I raised the height 10-15mm. Let me tell you, just a simple ride height adjustment makes a world of difference with the handling. All fixed now and the car feels great.

Also added more to the livery because I can never seem to leave things alone. Added some yellow accents, put the IMSA tech inspection sticker on the banner, added arrows pointing to the door handles since the real Pilot Cup cars seem to have them. And added a few more sponsors.

View attachment 1147948
View attachment 1147949
Ya, your setup may not be what you expect if "low" is what you're after.
1652120058713.png

Last edited:
Interim Race Night
Procedures and Rules

Below are interim procedures and rules we will utilize to adapt what we have available in the lobbies to fit our needs within the series.
--Race Night Procedure
-9pm est: Room will open at or slightly before. Drivers may enter the track and begin hot lap Qualifying. (Once on track, do not leave the track or enter the pits for any reason. Otherwise, your fastest lap displayed in your lap history mfd may be erased)
-9pm-9:25pm est: Open hot lapping. Until 9:25pm est. At that time, all drivers are to remain on track, park at turn 1, and set your mfd to the lap history which shows sector bests, fast lap, and optimal lap. (Your fastest lap will be your qualifying time.)
9:25pm est 9:35pm est: I will return to lobby, at which point I will scroll through each driver to take a picture of their lap history. (Please be sure to have the correct mfd display shown, and I'd ask all drivers to keep their cars static during this time)
The Race Director will ask everyone to press "pause" to verify driver count shown at the bottom of the screen.
-10:20pm est: All drivers are to enter the pits only. Do not go out on track. The Race Director will ask everyone to press "pause" to verify driver count shown at the bottom of the screen.

Starting Procedure
-Race 1 from the grid:
All drivers will be on the starting grid. After the lights go out, drivers should procede forward slowly in the same order and "row" they would be on the grid. Drivers are to tighten up side by side and hold at approximately 50 mph. Drivers must pay attention to avoid any contact with other cars at all times. (The race director will instruct the lead car as to when and where we will start. This can and will change based on track...could be the longest straight or the start/finish line..whichever gives us the longest straight for a clean start.) The race director will clarify to the grid where the start point will be as we are rounding the track for lap 1. Race length will be laps to equal 40 minutes, +1 lap.
-Drivers are not to try and attempt a jump on the start. Any drivers found to have throttled in before the row in front of them and gained a major advantage or are a cause of incident will recieve a 10 point penalty against their overall score for the night.
-1 Restart Caution will be available per race. Instructions to be noted in Confirmation Posts and Pre Race Briefings.

Race 2
-after our break, Race 2 will be started. No drivers are to leave the grid until called upon. Once the lights go out, the Race Director will call out the grid order and which side odd and even places are to line up. Each driver is to pull forward just before turn 1, and line up as instructed. Once the entire grid is in order and in formation, the Race Director will instruct the front row to lead us at the 50mph pace speed to the pre-determined start point. The race will start when they launch from a roll at the start point. Again, do not jump the start.

Scoring
-until proper timing is made available to us, only qualifying times, starting order, finishing order, and Race placements and points will be shown.
This is a great example of why I haven't started any of my own leagues yet. 😅

This is a great example of why I haven't started any of my own leagues yet. 😅
We made it work for the Porsche series...should be fine here as well. Only drawback is limited timing and results features...again, able to be worked around. Biggest issue is not being able to verify specs in members list. Honor system for now. We'll make it work

Barcelona practice room is open if anybody is around tonight.

Closed.
Hey IforceV8,
Barcelona is for the final time trial using the adjusted P/w ratio values to see how close everyone is and to fine tune/adjust before the season starts. All drivers are asked to see the post a few posts above for instructions on the final time trial before our Season starts. I'd ask all drivers intending to race on Friday, May 20th to submit their final time trial using their corrected numbers, or for those who have yet to submit a time trial to please submit one as soon as possible. Please follow the intructions carefully to get best accuracy and consistency on the results. Get going on those time trials.

An official event details post and confirmation reminder post will be out today or tomorrow with further details, but our opening race event on May 20th will be at Laguna Seca. Looking forward to getting the season started.

Screenshot_20220313-123749_Samsung Internet.jpg

Race Event Details Post
Michelin Pilot GT4
Cup Challenge
Season Opener
Points Event #1
on Friday, May 20th, 9pm est
at Laguna Seca

Race Event Settings and Details
Track: Laguna Seca
Conditions: preset, SO2, afternoon
Race1 Laps: (?? laps/40+min), Fastest First
Race 2 Laps: (?? laps/40+min), Reverse Grid
Lobby Settings can be found below:

Standard Lobby Settings
Basic Settings

Room Mode: Practice/Race
Room Privacy: Friends Only
Room Settings
Room Name: Snail MPGT4CC Event #1-12 (Date)
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Ownership: No **
Max no of participants: 16
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Track Settings
Track: As per Race Date
Select Condition: See Event Details
Laps: laps to = 40 min (or choice for practice)
Race Settings
Start Type: Grid Start
Grid Order: R1, Fastest First (Set by host off qualifying)/R2, Reverse Grid from previous results.
Grid
Boost: None
Slip Stream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: 1x
Fuel Consumption: 1x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Red. On Wet Track / Track Edge: Real
Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier: Default Qualifier Settings Time Limit: none
Qualifying Continuation Time: none
Tire Wear during Qualifying: N/A
Fuel Consumption Qualifying: N/A
Regulation Settings
Filter by Category: Off
Balance of Performance: Off
Power Limit: No Limit
Weight: No Limit
Maximum Tire Rating: Racing Medium (RM) Minimum Tire Rating: Racing Medium (RM)
Livery Restrictions: No Limit
Type of Racing Number: No Limit
Assign Car Number Automatically: None
Tuning: No Limit
Kart Usage: Off
Ghosting During Race: None
Shortcut Penalty: None
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Wall Collision Detection: Default
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collission: Off Replace Car at Course Out: Off
Flag Rules: Off
Limit Driving Options
Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited Driving Line Assist: Prohibited
Traction Control: No Limit
ABS: No Limit
Auto-Drive: Prohibited

Please see the link below to verify your Driver BOP requirements:
BOP Chart and Drivers List

Target lap times:
TBD

-Above are all the Event #1 details for anyone who would like to get an early jump on some practice/lapping sessions.
-Confirmation to Attend Post/Reminder will be posted shortly. Please look in on this thread and reply here or via psn when you know you status.
(Any Drivers who wish to confirm attendance early may do so at any time).
Reminder: Reserve driver priority is based first on level of past participation, and then on date and time availability was confirmed.

REMINDER:
All drivers must run the final time trial at Barcelona, online, using the specific lobby settings, instructions, and BoP linked below to be eligible to race next Friday, May 20th.

Final Online Time Trial Details and Instructions at Barcelona

Lastly, any drivers who need to finish their liveries or have made edits to their liveries, please forward a side profile shot over the white background from the livery editor preview screen so I can complete the driver profile page and spotters guide before the season starts. Also, there are still alot of drivers looking for teammates for the series.

Last edited:
Current Roster and Teams
1 week to go to the opening event at Laguna Seca. Get those final online lobby time trial results in from Barcelona, and get those liveries done (or reach out to me if you need one made).
Also, for all primary drivers on the roster, there are still quite a few drivers open and in need of a teammate. I'd like to get us sorted with 8 teams of two before the first event. Reach out to other drivers, and be sure to formally announce your team drivers and team name. Team drivers are not required to have the same livery, Sponsor, or theme....but if possible, at least try to get a team name/logo or both cars.
Reserve drivers will not be allocated to specific teams or team ups. They will cover for whatever team is need of a driver on a given night, based on order of reported absences and priority among the available Reserves.
Screenshot_20220514-110240_Sheets.jpg

For final time trial or livery info, see the links at the bottom of this thread's first post.

Lastly, I will have a room open this evening for a few hours...likely between 6pm est to whenever the Mrs gets home to watch a movie. (8-9ish). I will open the room for Laguna Seca. If you have not submitted a final time trial from Barcelona in an online lobby, please do so and send info to me before entering practice lobby. I will give you a corrected p/w regulation for you before going on track.

Last edited:
MPGT4CC Spotter guide Season 3 SVG entie roster.png

Confirmation Reminder Post
Event #1

at Laguna Seca
on Friday, May 20th, 2021
Conditions:
Preset, SO2, Afternoon

To all Drivers tagged in this post, please confirm your status by posting here in the thread or via PSN message that you "will" or "will not" be racing by 5pm Thursday (day before race night) to secure your grid spot and/or to adhere to the absentee policy.
The final Driver BOP regulations have been updated and shown in the 2nd post of the thread. Please verify and apply these latest numbers to your car before entering the race room. Check and double check your BoP number prior to each race. Race Director will not be verifying before the race other than to take a screen shot of the driver specs screen to review post race. Any drivers with incorrect BoP values will be issued a 10 point penalty against their score for the event raced. Please verify your BoP.

Also, I would ask that all drivers re-review section 4 of the first post, (Caution process) for the series. Any questions at all, please reach out and clarify before race night.

The race Event schedule is shown below:
9pm est- open room and verify bops/warm up
9:15pm est -15 minute Open qualifying
9:30pm est - ?? laps to = 40 minute Race 1
10:20pm est- ?? laps to = 40 minute Race 2, (Reverse grid)
Race will be using all updated series rules and format. (Caution rules will be used if needed)

Race Event Details
-?? laps for each race.
-Preset, SO2, Afternoon
-1x fuel consumption/1x tire wear.
Event Details Post Event

BoP Chart and Drivers List
All drivers are required to be in the party chat whether they have a mic or not. Caution calling and directives will be issued through the party chat, and for those without a mic, it would come through your monitor/tv audio.

(In the event a Caution is called during the race, I ask everyone to be patient and cooperative.)

Please review tab 4.1 in the first post and clarify or ask any questions before we get to race night.

Rolling Start Reference Point will be Announced in the Pre-Race Briefing Post.

All drivers who make it on the grid, please stay in the race event for the night if at all possible, as we could potentially have had to turn some drivers away, leaving it a wasted opportunity for them to race. In the Event of a solo off track or spin, run to gather up as many points as possible (and there is always the possibility of a Caution to get you back up to field). Also, ballast adjustments will only be made if the event is completed. Stay with it and you could earn some help for the next event.

Primary Drivers will be given priority for
each class, then go to the Reserves for each class as needed. Reserve Driver priority will be based on event participation, then based on order of confirming availability. Please reply with your intentions either way.

Anyone with a 👍 has already confirmed and are noted to be present for Friday, May 20th. Everyone else, please confirm, here in the thread or via PSN message, that you "will" or "will not" make it no later than 5pm est Thursday (Day before Race Night). Please reply either way

👍= will be present
(X)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

Drivers Roster
Primary Drivers List
👍 1. @llNovall / II-NOVA-II (#4)
2. @Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (#88)
👍 3. @socalnatv / Sand_68 (#68)
👍 4. @Rob Brown / no1needs2perish (#6)
👍 5. @Yugofan / Yugofan (#7)
6. @Kgffy / kgffty (#84)
👍 7. @fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (#31)
8. @Harry Rowley / Harry_Rowley_10 (#10)
👍 9. @Xradkins / Dash (#11)
10. @JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (#9)
👍 11. @Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (#12)
👍 12. @MrDonovan /MrDonovan (#27)
👍 13. @R1600Turbo / R1600Turbo (#23)
14. @rsrgse / rsrgse (#22)
15. @bloodyboyblue / bloodyboyblue (#25)
(X) 16. @Valex / Valex997 (#46) 1st

Reserve Drivers
@IforceV8 /IforceV8 (#3)
@paoloevans / paoloevans (#37)
@Track_King47
@ruggermole

Looking forward to our next event on Friday, May 20th, and hopento see some of you online for some practice tonight. :cheers:

Be sure to have a look at the post above this one for Team Roster info

Last edited:
Event #1

at Laguna Seca
Conditions:
Preset, SO2, Afternoon

To all Drivers tagged in this post, please confirm your status by posting here in the thread or via PSN message that you "will" or "will not" be racing by 5pm Thursday (day before race night) to secure your grid spot and/or to adhere to the absentee policy.
The final Driver BOP regulations have been updated and shown in the 2nd post of the thread. Please verify and apply these latest numbers to your car before entering the race room. Check and double check your BoP number prior to each race. Race Director will not be verifying before the race other than to take a screen shot of the driver specs screen to review post race. Any drivers with incorrect BoP values will be issued a 10 point penalty against their score for the event raced. Please verify your BoP.

Also, I would ask that all drivers re-review section 4 of the first post, (Caution process) for the series. Any questions at all, please reach out and clarify before race night.

Race will be using all updated series rules and format. (Caution rules will be used if needed)

Race Event Details
-?? laps for each race.
-Preset, SO2, Afternoon
Event Details Post Event

All drivers are required to be in the party chat whether they have a mic or not. Caution calling and directives will be issued through the party chat, and for those without a mic, it would come through your monitor/tv audio.

(In the event a Caution is called during the race, I ask everyone to be patient and cooperative.)

Please review tab 4.1 in the first post and clarify or ask any questions before we get to race night.

All drivers who make it on the grid, please stay in the race event for the night if at all possible, as we could potentially have had to turn some drivers away, leaving it a wasted opportunity for them to race. In the Event of a solo off track or spin, run to gather up as many points as possible (and there is always the possibility of a Caution to get you back up to field). Also, ballast adjustments will only be made if the event is completed. Stay with it and you could earn some help for the next event.

each class, then go to the Reserves for each class as needed. Reserve Driver priority will be based on event participation, then based on order of confirming availability. Please reply with your intentions either way.

Anyone with a 👍 has already confirmed and are noted to be present for Friday, May 20th. Everyone else, please confirm, here in the thread or via PSN message, that you "will" or "will not" make it no later than 5pm est Thursday (Day before Race Night). Please reply either way

👍= will be present
(X)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

Drivers Roster
Primary Drivers List
4. @Rob Brown / no1needs2perish (#6)
6. @Kgffy / kgffty (#84)
9. @Xradkins / Dash (#11)
13. @R1600Turbo / R1600Turbo (#23)
16. @Valex / Valex997 (#46)

Reserve Drivers
@IforceV8 /IforceV8 (#3)
@Track_King47
@ruggermole

Looking forward to our next event on Friday, May 20th, and hopento see some of you online for some practice tonight. :cheers:

Confirm 👍

Last edited:
Event #1

at Laguna Seca
Conditions:
Preset, SO2, Afternoon

Race Event Details
-?? laps for each race.
-Preset, SO2, Afternoon
Event Details Post Event

👍= will be present
(X)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

Drivers Roster
Primary Drivers List
6. @Kgffy / kgffty (#84)

Reserve Drivers
@IforceV8 /IforceV8 (#3)
@Track_King47
@ruggermole

most probably not gonna be there, ill confirm my absence when im sure i cannot but for now lets say i wont be there, cheers and good luck on the race

Interim Race Night
Procedures and Rules

--Race Night Procedure

Starting Procedure
-Race 1 from the grid:

Race 2

Scoring
Have you noticed the gang in Sunday Snail league is making the jump to GT7? They are looking for a way to set the grid and start a race. Maybe our starting procedure needs to be shared?

On another subject in need, here is the call out to form a team with Xrad-(Dash)11 at "Radical Racing". No pressure but may as well team up with me, I could use the help always!

Last edited:
Won't be able to make it to Event #1 this Friday. Out on vacation. Hope the racing is good, I'll back back for the next round!

To all drivers tagged:
Below is the most current and updated BoP chart. If your name is highlighted in green, your final TT at Barcelona in online lobby and tuning sheet has been recieved. BoP p/w ratios have been established and you can now final tweek your cars and begin practicing for this Friday at Laguna Seca.
Last Updated:
5/17/22, 11:18am
Screenshot_20220517-111538_Sheets.jpg

For those who have not run the final TT online, see this link:
Final Time Trial Instructions Link

Tune your car to the p/w shown in the chart below, then follow the TT instructions to finalize your entry.
Screenshot_20220517-111629_Sheets.jpg

This must be submitted before 8pm est Friday, but the earlier you get it submitted, the sooner I can get your final BoP set and displayed so you can practice. Also, if you have not confirmed for this Friday, be sure to do so if planning to race.

@llNovall / II-NOVA-II (#4)
3. @socalnatv / Sand_68 (#68)
5. @Yugofan / Yugofan (#7)
6. @Kgffy / kgffty (#84)
7. @fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (#31)
11. @Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (#12)
12. @MrDonovan /MrDonovan (#27)

Reserve Drivers
@IforceV8 /IforceV8 (#3)
@Track_King47
@ruggermole

Last edited:
Back