**CLOSED** See the new thread: Michelin Pilot GS Sprint Challenge presented by SnailFinished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 545 comments
The old adage holds true: don’t give up. I really wanted to after going off at Turn 6 again in race 2. After going off on lap 3 or 4 in Race1 I resolved to do better in the second race.

So after going off during the first lap this is what I could see of the pack as they went into the last corner for the first time.

6407941E-A3DD-4AE9-AA47-26D3BD115275.jpeg

But ok. I put my head down. I found the perfect pace car when I caught up to @JDMKING13 after he’d had an off on lap four. He ran that pack down and we were back on the end at lap 14. Brilliant chase.

15 laps later, coming out of T1 as we started the last lap, I was challenging @Noob01_lmdead for 4th.
F9C65038-2F2D-46A1-81ED-CB6595AE66C2.jpeg

Maybe this also argues for more p/w adjustment. But first I have to keep it on track before I try and get to the penalty podium. Lol

Great racing. Thanks for putting up with the lobby mess. For the moment it is still worth it to me. At least Novas series. Hope to see many of you at the Porsche race.

The old adage holds true: don’t give up. I really wanted to after going off at Turn 6 again in race 2. After going off on lap 3 or 4 in Race1 I resolved to do better in the second race.

So after going off during the first lap this is what I could see of the pack as they went into the last corner for the first time.

View attachment 1154172

But ok. I put my head down. I found the perfect pace car when I caught up to @JDMKING13 after he’d had an off on lap four. He ran that pack down and we were back on the end at lap 14. Brilliant chase.

15 laps later, coming out of T1 as we started the last lap, I was challenging @Noob01_lmdead for 4th.
View attachment 1154173

Maybe this also argues for more p/w adjustment. But first I have to keep it on track before I try and get to the penalty podium. Lol

Great racing. Thanks for putting up with the lobby mess. For the moment it is still worth it to me. At least Novas series. Hope to see many of you at the Porsche race.
Yea man you had a great race with great pace! I’m so mad I messed us up on the corkscrew turn.. still you caught the pack and ran a great race!

Event #1 Post Race Report
from Laguna Seca

Event #1 at Laguna Seca kicked off our Season of racing for the GT4 type racing. Overall, the time trialing and leveling did as it was intended by affording some great battles and alot of close door to door racing. I had some long and great battles with @Noob01_lmdead (Raul) , @Xradkins , and a few others along the 2 race event. Most of the racing I witnessed was close and clean.
Also, the final lap brew of a battle with @Bologna_Duc that could have had us side by side for the final 2 corners, but was cut short when I tried to move to Duc's inside. It appears Duc checked up on his speed to avoid drifting wide, at which point I couldn't react fast enough to get the car to turn down and ended up into the back of him bumping him off the track. I do apologize for the contact...not quite how I wanted the position, and honestly was awaiting a formal IR on this one.
Fruitloop31 was dominant as ever in that WeatherTech Ferrari....to the point he maxed out our Leveling system. With his help and futher testing, we have found a way to extend the handicapping. Basically, once you max out the p/w at 8.6, whatever your theoretic p/w handicap would be, will then have 4 tenths (0.4) of p/w regulation removed, and then be restricted to racing hard tires moving forward. In fruitloops example, he was at 8.5 for the start of Event #1. With an overall win, he earns 3 tenths (0.3) of p/w penalty to take him up to 8.8. He will now race on racing hard tires, and his p/w moves to 8.4. After testing at this regulation, this put him right into the fields pace for Laguna Seca. The Success Ballast and Leveling section will be updated to reflect the rules amendment. Thanks for your help in finding an extension to our ability to level the field.

Here are your podium finishers and their applied handicaps:
@fruitloop31 (+0.3)
@Noob01_lmdead (Raul) (+0.2)
@Xradkins (+0.1)

Congratulations to our overall Winner:
@fruitloop31 :cheers:

Scoring:
Qualifying and pace was quite close across the field.
Screenshot_20220526-064528_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20220526-064421_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20220526-064444_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20220526-064502_Sheets.jpg

BoP Regulation Chart
Screenshot_20220526-070124_Sheets.jpg

Race Photos
For any of our Photographers, please feel free to forward any that you have captured, and I'll add them to this post. Been way too busy of a week for me.

Race Broadcast
Thank you to Raul (@Noob01_lmdead ) for the broadcast of Race 2

Next Event:
Blue Moon Bay Infield A
Conditions: TBD
Date: June 10th, 2022

See most of you in the Porsche series next week, and the rest of you on the grid for our next MPGT4CC Event.

Last edited:
Also, the final lap brew of a battle with @Bologna_Duc that could have had us side by side for the final 2 corners, but was cut short when I tried to move to Duc's inside. It appears Duc checked up on his speed to avoid drifting wide, at which point I couldn't react fast enough to get the car to turn down and ended up into the back of him bumping him off the track. I do apologize for the contact...not quite how I wanted the position, and honestly was awaiting a formal IR on this one.
Just prior to this I did lose it again to the left at T6 on the last lap but recovered without hitting the wall. I figured my tires were dirty so tip toed thru the corkscrew with @llNovall closing the whole time. Slower out of the corkscrew I anticipated losing the position, stayed left but not left enough and Nova tapped me from behind. As I was in a recovery slide there was a second tap that sent me off. At the time and after first replay I figured it was a lag glitch. Mistakes happen. I am one of the poster children. We’re good.

I won’t know until after next week.. we have Porsche GT3 cup race next Friday so I’m busy with that.

The Gr4 Corvette is stuck in the 1:12's. I built a SLS AMG '10 and beat my C7 time by 1.8 sec on the 3rd lap with base settings at the same hp/lb ratio so its time to make the switch.

Screenshot_20220313-123749_Samsung Internet.jpg

Race Event Details Post
Michelin Pilot GT4
Cup Challenge
Points Event #2
on Friday, June 10th, 9pm est
at Blue Moon Bay Infield A

Race Event Settings and Details
Track: Blue Moon Bay Infield A
Conditions: preset, SO3, afternoon
Race1 Laps: (35 laps/40+min), Fastest First
Race 2 Laps: (35 laps/40+min), Reverse Grid
Lobby Settings can be found below:

Standard Lobby Settings
Basic Settings

Room Mode: Practice/Race
Room Privacy: Friends Only
Room Settings
Room Name: Snail MPGT4CC Event #1-12 (Date)
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Ownership: No **
Max no of participants: 16
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Track Settings
Track: As per Race Date
Select Condition: See Event Details
Laps: laps to = 40 min (or choice for practice)
Race Settings
Start Type: Grid Start
Grid Order: R1, Fastest First (Set by host off qualifying)/R2, Reverse Grid from previous results.
Grid
Boost: None
Slip Stream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: 1x
Fuel Consumption: 1x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Red. On Wet Track / Track Edge: Real
Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier: Default Qualifier Settings Time Limit: none
Qualifying Continuation Time: none
Tire Wear during Qualifying: N/A
Fuel Consumption Qualifying: N/A
Regulation Settings
Filter by Category: Off
Balance of Performance: Off
Power Limit: No Limit
Weight: No Limit
Maximum Tire Rating: Racing Medium (RM) Minimum Tire Rating: Racing Medium (RM)
Livery Restrictions: No Limit
Type of Racing Number: No Limit
Assign Car Number Automatically: None
Tuning: No Limit
Kart Usage: Off
Ghosting During Race: None
Shortcut Penalty: None
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Wall Collision Detection: Default
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collission: Off Replace Car at Course Out: Off
Flag Rules: Off
Limit Driving Options
Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited Driving Line Assist: Prohibited
Traction Control: No Limit
ABS: No Limit
Auto-Drive: Prohibited

Please see the link below to verify your Driver BOP requirements:
BOP Chart and Drivers List

Target lap times:
Mid-hi 1:10's to low 1:11's

-Above are all the Event #2 details for anyone who would like to get an early jump on some practice/lapping sessions.
-Confirmation to Attend Post/Reminder will be posted shortly. Please look in on this thread and reply here or via psn when you know you status.
(Any Drivers who wish to confirm attendance early may do so at any time).
Reminder: Reserve driver priority is based first on level of past participation, and then on date and time availability was confirmed.

REMINDER:
Any Drivers wishing to Race must run the final time trial at Barcelona, online, using the specific lobby settings, instructions, and BoP linked below to be eligible to race our next event.

Final Online Time Trial Details and Instructions at Barcelona

Last edited:
MPGT4CC Spotter guide Season 3 SVG entie roster.png

Confirmation Reminder Post
Event #2

on Friday, June 10th, 2021
Conditions:
Preset, SO3, Afternoon

To all Drivers tagged in this post, please confirm your status by posting here in the thread or via PSN message that you "will" or "will not" be racing by 5pm Thursday (day before race night) to secure your grid spot and/or to adhere to the absentee policy.
The final Driver BOP regulations have been updated and shown in the 2nd post of the thread. Please verify and apply these latest numbers to your car before entering the race room. Check and double check your BoP number prior to each race. Race Director will not be verifying before the race other than to take a screen shot of the driver specs screen to review post race. Any drivers with incorrect BoP values will be issued a 10 point penalty against their score for the event raced. Please verify your BoP.

Also, I would ask that all drivers re-review section 4 of the first post, (Caution process) for the series. Any questions at all, please reach out and clarify before race night.

The race Event schedule is shown below:
9pm est- open room and verify bops/warm up
9:15pm est -15 minute Open qualifying
9:30pm est - 35 laps to = 40 minute Race 1
10:20pm est- 35 laps to = 40 minute Race 2, (Reverse grid) (Includes Formation lap)
Race will be using all updated series rules and format. (Caution rules will be used if needed)

Race Event Details
-35 laps for each race (Includes Formation Laps)
-Preset, SO3, Afternoon
-1x fuel consumption/1x tire wear.
Event Details Post

BoP Chart and Drivers List
All drivers are required to be in the party chat whether they have a mic or not. Caution calling and directives will be issued through the party chat, and for those without a mic, it would come through your monitor/tv audio.

(In the event a Caution is called during the race, I ask everyone to be patient and cooperative.)

Please review tab 4.1 in the first post and clarify or ask any questions before we get to race night.

Rolling Start Reference Point will be Announced in the Pre-Race Briefing Post.

All drivers who make it on the grid, please stay in the race event for the night if at all possible, as we could potentially have had to turn some drivers away, leaving it a wasted opportunity for them to race. In the Event of a solo off track or spin, run to gather up as many points as possible (and there is always the possibility of a Caution to get you back up to field). Also, ballast adjustments will only be made if the event is completed. Stay with it and you could earn some help for the next event.

Primary Drivers will be given priority for
each class, then go to the Reserves for each class as needed. Reserve Driver priority will be based on event participation, then based on order of confirming availability. Please reply with your intentions either way.

Anyone with a 👍 has already confirmed and are noted to be present for Friday, May 20th. Everyone else, please confirm, here in the thread or via PSN message, that you "will" or "will not" make it no later than 5pm est Thursday (Day before Race Night). Please reply either way

👍= will be present
(X)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

Drivers Roster
Primary Drivers List
👍 1. @llNovall / II-NOVA-II (#4)
2. @Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (#88)
👍 3. @socalnatv / Sand_68 (#68)
4. @Rob Brown / no1needs2perish (#6)
5. @Yugofan / Yugofan (#7)
👍 6. @Kgffy / kgffty (#84)
7. @fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (#31)
8. @Xradkins / Dash (#11)
9. @JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (#9)
10. 👍 @Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (#12)
11. @MrDonovan /MrDonovan (#27)
12. @R1600Turbo / R1600Turbo (#23)
13. @rsrgse / rsrgse (#22)
14. @bloodyboyblue / bloodyboyblue (#25)
15. @Valex / Valex997 (#46)
16. Open

Reserve Drivers
@IforceV8 /IforceV8 (#3)
@paoloevans / paoloevans (#37)
@Track_King47
@ruggermole

Retired
Harry Rowley / Harry_Rowley_10 (#10)

@Track_King47 , Harry Rowley has Retired from the series, therefore a spot is open. Since you were the only Reserve to have points scored, you have first option to accept the open primary spot. @IforceV8 , if he does not accept, the opening would fall to you next.

Looking forward to our next event on Friday, June 10th, and hope to see some of you online for some practice tonight. :cheers:

Be sure to have a look at the post above this one for Team Roster info

Last edited:
View attachment 1157458
Confirmation Reminder Post
Event #2

on Friday, June 10th, 2021
Conditions:
Preset, SO3, Afternoon

To all Drivers tagged in this post, please confirm your status by posting here in the thread or via PSN message that you "will" or "will not" be racing by 5pm Thursday (day before race night) to secure your grid spot and/or to adhere to the absentee policy.
The final Driver BOP regulations have been updated and shown in the 2nd post of the thread. Please verify and apply these latest numbers to your car before entering the race room. Check and double check your BoP number prior to each race. Race Director will not be verifying before the race other than to take a screen shot of the driver specs screen to review post race. Any drivers with incorrect BoP values will be issued a 10 point penalty against their score for the event raced. Please verify your BoP.

Also, I would ask that all drivers re-review section 4 of the first post, (Caution process) for the series. Any questions at all, please reach out and clarify before race night.

The race Event schedule is shown below:
9pm est- open room and verify bops/warm up
9:15pm est -15 minute Open qualifying
9:30pm est - 35 laps to = 40 minute Race 1
10:20pm est- 35 laps to = 40 minute Race 2, (Reverse grid) (Includes Formation lap)
Race will be using all updated series rules and format. (Caution rules will be used if needed)

Race Event Details
-35 laps for each race (Includes Formation Laps)
-Preset, SO3, Afternoon
-1x fuel consumption/1x tire wear.
Event Details Post

BoP Chart and Drivers List
All drivers are required to be in the party chat whether they have a mic or not. Caution calling and directives will be issued through the party chat, and for those without a mic, it would come through your monitor/tv audio.

(In the event a Caution is called during the race, I ask everyone to be patient and cooperative.)

Please review tab 4.1 in the first post and clarify or ask any questions before we get to race night.

Rolling Start Reference Point will be Announced in the Pre-Race Briefing Post.

All drivers who make it on the grid, please stay in the race event for the night if at all possible, as we could potentially have had to turn some drivers away, leaving it a wasted opportunity for them to race. In the Event of a solo off track or spin, run to gather up as many points as possible (and there is always the possibility of a Caution to get you back up to field). Also, ballast adjustments will only be made if the event is completed. Stay with it and you could earn some help for the next event.

Primary Drivers will be given priority for
each class, then go to the Reserves for each class as needed. Reserve Driver priority will be based on event participation, then based on order of confirming availability. Please reply with your intentions either way.

Anyone with a 👍 has already confirmed and are noted to be present for Friday, May 20th. Everyone else, please confirm, here in the thread or via PSN message, that you "will" or "will not" make it no later than 5pm est Thursday (Day before Race Night). Please reply either way

👍= will be present
(X)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

Drivers Roster
Primary Drivers List
👍 1. @llNovall / II-NOVA-II (#4)
2. @Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (#88)
👍 3. @socalnatv / Sand_68 (#68)
4. @Rob Brown / no1needs2perish (#6)
5. @Yugofan / Yugofan (#7)
👍 6. @Kgffy / kgffty (#84)
7. @fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (#31)
8. @Xradkins / Dash (#11)
9. @JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (#9)
10. @Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (#12)
11. @MrDonovan /MrDonovan (#27)
12. @R1600Turbo / R1600Turbo (#23)
13. @rsrgse / rsrgse (#22)
14. @bloodyboyblue / bloodyboyblue (#25)
15. @Valex / Valex997 (#46)
16. Open

Reserve Drivers
@IforceV8 /IforceV8 (#3)
@paoloevans / paoloevans (#37)
@Track_King47
@ruggermole

Retired
Harry Rowley / Harry_Rowley_10 (#10)

@Track_King47 , Harry Rowley has Retired from the series, therefore a spot is open. Since you were the only Reserve to have points scored, you have first option to accept the open primary spot. @IforceV8 , if he does not accept, the opening would fall to you next.

Looking forward to our next event on Friday, June 10th, and hope to see some of you online for some practice tonight. :cheers:

Be sure to have a look at the post above this one for Team Roster info
I confirm

I can hit a banker lap in quali probably in the mid 10's, but if I try to run that pace the whole time I'll crash every other lap. So I'm most comfortable running low to mid 11's for race pace.

So this is my confirmation and looking forward to running in the rear of the field. ;)

What lap times are you guys getting?

I think my ferrari struggles in this track since i had to fine tune the gearing and suspension a lot for it to get to a 1:10.7 or so. i think i need to change the setup a bit more tho

I plan on attending and getting Unnamed Motorsports back into the teams championship.Car still doesn’t want to turn, though.

Last edited:
Back