**CLOSED** See the new thread: Michelin Pilot GS Sprint Challenge presented by SnailFinished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 545 comments
I
Track boundary question. I have a memory, perhaps flawed, of Sunday Snail racing on this track years ago and being surprised when several well known D1 drivers were putting their wheels as shown below (even in the dirt on the first one). I recall this as considered in bounds. The OLR does not include this track in the boundary section at the moment.

For Fridays race are there track limits at these two corners in the back straight?

View attachment 1173739

View attachment 1173740
Thanks for bringing this to attention. On this specific track, in these two sections, the yellow cross hatched section is considered track surface and in bounds for our purposes. I will be sure to note these in the pre-race drivers Briefing later this week.

Hey Fellas,
Going to need someone to run Friday night as Race Director. My daughter's birthday party is this Saturday and I have family coming in Friday afternoon.
@Rob Brown
@Bologna_Duc

Let me know who is willing and able. Thanks

I’m sorry Nova! I didn’t mean to leave you hanging so long! I will host.
I have been having some issues with my Fanatec equipment but I think I figured it out. (Edit: still having issues.)

Last edited:
I’m sorry Nova! I didn’t mean to leave you hanging so long! I will host.
I have been having some issues with my Fanatec equipment but I think I figured it out. (Edit: still having issues.)
Appreciate it @Rob Brown
Final Reminder for Drivers to confirm attendance for this Friday at Trial Mountain.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...n-friday-7-22-22-9pm-est.405849/post-13786510

All drivers should be sure to have no1needs2perish (Rob Brown) on their psn friends list as he will be hosting and directing this Friday's event. Pre-Race Drivers Briefing will be out Friday morning. Please confirm if you haven't already.

Primary Drivers List
1. @llNovall / II-NOVA-II (#4)
👍 2. @Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (#88)
👍 3. @socalnatv / Sand_68 (#68)
👍 4. @Rob Brown / no1needs2perish (#6)
👍 5. @Yugofan / Yugofan (#7)
👍 6. @Kgffy / kgffty (#84)
👍 7. @fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (#31)
👍 8. @Xradkins / Dash (#11)
9. @JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (#9)
10. @Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (#12)
11. @MrDonovan /MrDonovan (#27)

(?) 12. @R1600Turbo / R1600Turbo (#23)
13. @rsrgse / rsrgse (#22)
14. @bloodyboyblue / bloodyboyblue (#25)
👍 15. @Valex / Valex997 (#46)
👍 16. @IforceV8 /IforceV8 (#3)

Reserve Drivers
@paoloevans / paoloevans (#37)
@Track_King47
@ruggermole
👍 @Phlano099 / Phlano_099 (#99)
👍 @Harry Rowley / Harry_Rowley_10 (#10)

Last edited:
Appreciate it @Rob Brown
Final Reminder for Drivers to confirm attendance for this Friday at Trial Mountain.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...n-friday-7-22-22-9pm-est.405849/post-13786510

All drivers should be sure to have no1needs2perish (Rob Brown) on their psn friends list as he will be hosting and directing this Friday's event. Pre-Race Drivers Briefing will be out Friday morning. Please confirm if you haven't already.

Primary Drivers List
1. @llNovall / II-NOVA-II (#4)
👍 2. @Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (#88)
👍 3. @socalnatv / Sand_68 (#68)
👍 4. @Rob Brown / no1needs2perish (#6)
5. @Yugofan / Yugofan (#7)
👍 6. @Kgffy / kgffty (#84)
👍 7. @fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (#31)
👍 8. @Xradkins / Dash (#11)
9. @JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (#9)
10. @Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (#12)
11. @MrDonovan /MrDonovan (#27)

12. @R1600Turbo / R1600Turbo (#23)
13. @rsrgse / rsrgse (#22)
14. @bloodyboyblue / bloodyboyblue (#25)
15. @Valex / Valex997 (#46)
16. @IforceV8 /IforceV8 (#3)

Reserve Drivers
@Track_King47
@ruggermole
👍 @Phlano099 / Phlano_099 (#99)
👍 @Harry Rowley / Harry_Rowley_10 (#10)
Sorry for the wait Nova. I’ll be there to back mark.

Sorry for the wait Nova. I’ll be there to back mark.
From the few minutes I was in the practice lobby the other night, I was four+ seconds off fast lap time. So you may have to get in line, so to speak, as a back marker.
8409221A-3FA0-4B3A-9D2D-5647926FCD83.jpeg

My new soldering/rework station arrived yesterday. Quite nice if you’re in this kind of hobby. First job: re-solder a broke off micro USB B socket on a circuit board for my bass shakers.

Last edited:
If I'm not in need of adjustments, I'll take a crack at qualifying. But I'm not likely to be free for the race itself.
Hey Animal22,
Finally had a chance to get caught up. Your adjusted p/w ratio to reach parity is now 5.6lbs/hp. Adjust your specs to that number, and submit for verification. Just so you are aware, there is openingbon the roster for tomorrow night for the entire event. Let me know if you are able to race.

To set the motivation, enjoy:
Watkins Glen

Especially watch the last 15 minutes on this one. Epic pass for 1st place by Bill Auberlin in the Turner #95 car...and the battle to the end for 2nd place.

Canadian Tires Motorsports Park

Last edited:
I was a little concerned about the lobby in last nights practice. Every car (6) was jittery, each race I was in. I hope it was not me. I have 80M down and 6M up speeds on my internet tests. I hope Friday is not this way.

I was a little concerned about the lobby in last nights practice. Every car (6) was jittery, each race I was in. I hope it was not me. I have 80M down and 6M up speeds on my internet tests. I hope Friday is not this way.
This is not the continued news I wanted to hear. Seems to be the norm for lobbies anymore with little priority being given to helping the situation. It's ashame, because GT7 visually is untouchable, and even the physics, while not perfect, are good enough to have some decent racing ...if the lag and jittering isn't present. Such ashame they couldn't have copy/pasted the programing from Sport to GT7 as it was implied, and that most of us believed it was going to be. Still continuing to lose the faith. With our series, close proximity racing with multi car battles has become the norm, and GT7 is certainly killing off what was a great racing experience. As said many times...here's to hoping it gets better.

Last edited:
Practice, Friday, Sunday races
Everyone everytime rooms are very unstable still
But In sport races very stable rooms, I’m very close to calling it quits to GT7.
Not trying to fan these flames, but you have no idea how impatient I'm getting with the progress of GT7. The quality of racing has definitely taken a hit since everone cannot judge when to do what.....even when you are holding lines and racing clean, the GT7 jitters create contact and ruins what would otherwise be a long and grinding battle. Perfect example is our last Porsche race at Monza between me and Phlano. You can see both of us holding a clean line....but it was the side to side jitters that created our contact, bumping Phlano to the track edge and off. That battle could have been epic had we simply been able to rely on our cars position in the programing....but, thats not the case. The fact that seemless and smooth online gameplay isn't at the front of the priority list is disheartening and frankly a slap in the face to their most loyal following imo.

Not trying to fan these flames, but you have no idea how impatient I'm getting with the progress of GT7. The quality of racing has definitely taken a hit since everone cannot judge when to do what.....even when you are holding lines and racing clean, the GT7 jitters create contact and ruins what would otherwise be a long and grinding battle. Perfect example is our last Porsche race at Monza between me and Phlano. You can see both of us holding a clean line....but it was the side to side jitters that created our contact, bumping Phlano to the track edge and off. That battle could have been epic had we simply been able to rely on our cars position in the programing....but, thats not the case. The fact that seemless and smooth online gameplay isn't at the front of the priority list is disheartening and frankly a slap in the face to their most loyal following imo.
That was some fun racing

Could have been me. I’m on Wi-Fi right now but will have hardline by Friday.

Michelin Pilot
GT4 Cup Challenge
Event #3
Pre-Race Driver Briefing
Friday, July 22nd, 2022

at 9pm est
For this event, we are at the Mountain. No, not that Bathurst one......Trial Mountain. An original GT Classic track, with an updated layout. Tonight will certainly identify if the tracks changes were good for the racing or bad. Overall, this track should be an even track for both the high power and nimble cars.
As is always mentioned, consistency and minimal mistakes tend to take the podium places. Be patient and aware of traffic and your braking points...especially at in the opening laps, and lets have a good clean event.

A few quick reminders to all drivers attending:
*Please be patient in high traffic, especially in the opening laps.
**Respect the space of the drivers around you, and make every effort to race as clean as possible.
***Race hard, Race consistent, and race fair.

Let's continue to showcase the clean and competitive racing that Snail has always been known for.

Track Boundaries:
Keep 2 wheels within the white line where curbing is not present, or on the curbs where they are present.
Screenshot_20220722-124629_Samsung Internet.jpg

Rolling Start Reference Point
Front row drivers may accelerate at the grated opening after the first tunnel on the back straigh after turn 8. See Reference photo:
Screenshot_20220722-124949_Samsung Internet.jpg

Race 1 will start a formation lap from the grid in order.
-Drivers may warm tires up to turn 5. After turn 5, all drivers should form up into 2x2 formation. Front row will hold at 50 mph up to the referenced start point

Race 2: The Race will be started with everyone on the grid. No one is to move from the line until called. Race director will call each driver, in order, and direct odd and even places to their respective side for formation. When called, drivers should form up in order as instructed on the front straight. Once the order is set, the Race Director will give the all clear, and the formation lap will begin and proceed for the same as Race 1.
Interim Race and Start Procedures

Primary Drivers List
1. @llNovall / II-NOVA-II (#4) 2nd
2. @Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (#88)
3. @socalnatv / Sand_68 (#68)
4. @Rob Brown / no1needs2perish (#6)
5. @Yugofan / Yugofan (#7)
6. @Kgffy / kgffty (#84)
7. @fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (#31)
8. @Xradkins / Dash (#11)
9. @JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (#9) 5th
10. @Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (#12) 1st
11. @MrDonovan /MrDonovan (#27) 3rd
12. @R1600Turbo / R1600Turbo (#23) (?)
13. @rsrgse / rsrgse (#22) (mia)
14. @bloodyboyblue / bloodyboyblue (#25) 4th
15. @Valex / Valex997 (#46)
16. @IforceV8 /IforceV8 (#3)
@Harry Rowley / Harry_Rowley_10 (#10)
@Phlano099 / Phlano_099 (#99)

Reserve Drivers
@Track_King47
@ruggermole
@Animal22 / Animalus (#222)
*Harry is racing for Raul and is Teamed up with Rob Brown for tonight's effort
**Phlano is racing for myself, Nova and will be teamed up with Yugofan for our team effort tonight.

Any additional Reserves available, please let me know as we have 3 spots still open for tonight.

All Drivers that have confirmed to race and are tagged are considered primary drivers for this event and are expected on the grid. If anyone thinks they may be tentative or must cancel, please let me know by 8pm est Friday (Race Day). Any cancelled entries after this time will result in possible forfeiture of primary status or forfeiture of Reserve priority for future events.

Very Important, Must Review Below
Please verify your driver specific BOP Regulations before entering the room:
Drivers List and BoP Regulations Chart

Important
It is the responsibility of ALL Drivers to verify your BoP regulations prior to entering the race room or at the latest, 5 minutes prior to the Start of Qualifying. The BoP Tracking Sheet will be displayed here and in other reminder posts leading up to each event. I will not be verifying BoP regulations prior to the start of Qualifying.
ALL DRIVERS ARE REQUIRED TO SEND A SCREENSHOT OF THE TUNE SHEET SHOWING WEIGHT AND HORSEPOWER FOR THE RACE EVENT AS SCRUTINEERING. SEND SCREENSHOT TO MY PSN:
II-NOVA-II (Capital i's)

(YOU DO NOT NEED TO SHOW YOUR ACTUAL TUNE)

ANY DRIVERS THAT FAIL TO SUBMIT THEIR SPECS OR ARE FOUND TO HAVE RACED WITH THE WRONG P/W SPEC WILL BE ISSUED A 10 POINT PENALTY ASSESSED AGAINST THIER OVERALL SCORE FOR THE EVENT. PLEASE BE SURE TO SUBMIT YOUR SPECS PRIOR TO QUALIFYING.

The Race Rooms and Party Chats will be open for entries around 8:50pm est. Open Qualifying will run until 9:30 pm est.

Good luck to everyone, and see you all on the grid for the green flag.​

All drivers:
Be sure to add Rob Brown
(psn: no1needs2perish) onto your friends list as he will be directing and hosting tonight's event.
Good luck everyone, and I'll see you all in at our next event.

Back