Micheline Tyre Model - not present?

• Thread starter Ddkklop
  • 15 comments
India
India
PD said they would add a new Micheline tyre model this month. I've tried to do a couple of laps, but to me, the tyre model felt about the same. There could also be a possibility that they only changed tyre wear and nothing else. I remember how much they talked about a better/more realistic tyre wear change. However, when I checked update details, there was no mention about any sort of tyre/psychics change. Maybe it's coming later?

PD said they would add a new Micheline tyre model this month. I've tried to do a couple of laps, but to me, the tyre model felt about the same. There could also be a possibility that they only changed tyre wear and nothing else. I remember how much they talked about a better/more realistic tyre wear change. However, when I checked update details, there was no mention about any sort of tyre/psychics change. Maybe it's coming later?
Coming later.

My assumption is that the Michelin content we got in the September update was the content originally planned for October release, just released (unusually) ahead of schedule.

It's purely branding, making the Michelin brand more visible throughout the game, with no changes to gameplay.

A little disappointed as during the partnership announcement it was stated that the first update would arrive in October, so I always assumed that the September branding update wasn't part of that, as it had no effects on gameplay.

But I guess we need to wait longer for tire physic changes, probably need more time to work on that.

My assumption is that the Michelin content we got in the September update was the content originally planned for October release, just released (unusually) ahead of schedule.

It's purely branding, making the Michelin brand more visible throughout the game, with no changes to gameplay.

A little disappointed as during the partnership announcement it was stated that the first update would arrive in October, so I always assumed that the September branding update wasn't part of that, as it had no effects on gameplay.

But I guess we need to wait longer for tire physic changes, probably need more time to work on that.
Exactly

You're hearing something that isn't there, by smashing together two things that are.

October was the month for the Michelin content. That's the branding throughout the game, including in the settings menu, the trackside signs, Michelin in Brand Central, and so on which actually started to arrive at the end of September.

The notion of Michelin's input into the game's tyre model is an ongoing thing that won't start to appear for quite some time - although no date was put on it at any point other than "over the next three years".

You're hearing something that isn't there, by smashing together two things that are.

October was the month for the Michelin content. That's the branding throughout the game, including in the settings menu, the trackside signs, Michelin in Brand Central, and so on which actually started to arrive at the end of September.

The notion of Michelin's input into the game's tyre model is an ongoing thing that won't start to appear for quite some time - although no date was put on it at any point other than "over the next three years".

Yeah, suspected that, but kept a optimistic hope for some changes now in October which I guess were unfounded.

It's a long partnership, and I'm a patient man, so I'm not sweating it :D

I believe there could be a real chance that we won't see real changes to the tire physics until possibly next-gen GT. But as with most things, time will tell :)

Does that mean it will be at least 3 years before the next GT in the series is released?
If so I sure hope PD can address the penalty system in GTS.

Does that mean it will be at least 3 years before the next GT in the series is released?
No. It means that, for at least the next three years, PD and Michelin will be working together and, on the gaming side at least, creating a new, more accurate tyre behaviour model. It doesn't say what game - or games - it will be for.

PD and Michelin will be working together and, on the gaming side at least, creating a new, more accurate tyre behaviour model. It doesn't say what game - or games - it will be for.
GTS has received excellent support over the last two years, but despite this my opinion is that the new tire model will come in the next GT. Of course I would be happy if I'm wrong.

Maybe they just meant that Michelin tires would be added to the game , which they did do , the Audi R18's are running Michelin tires as well as Megane Trophy 2011 and there is probably others as i haven't looked at all cars.

Back