Microsoft Reveals Next-Gen Console: "Xbox Series X"

I wouldnt put it past Sony to have a trump card exclusive ready for launch, but thats pure speculation... In theory GT could be released with the console they released it half finished last time out didnt they lol
So to me that just sounds like there's nothing substantial for either side of the fence. Wonder when info will start dropping.

So to me that just sounds like there's nothing substantial for either side of the fence. Wonder when info will start dropping.

Early adopting is for suckers, think back to all the early games from this generation... now rotting away in bargain bins cant give em away lol Why pay 60+ premium price for early dross games?

Is this a fact,any links to confirm ?,think I’ll just wait and see
Phil Spencer said a few months ago that he admires the VR but has no plans to include it in the Xbox consoles on the near future. And about the Steam, it's pretty obvious that it's not gonna happen, why would MS allow internal competition on its own consoles? They would get no money from this, and if the rumours were true, they'd have already announced it.

Phil Spencer said a few months ago that he admires the VR but has no plans to include it in the Xbox consoles on the near future.

, why would MS allow internal competition on its own consoles?
. Yes I do remember his quote but I took it to mean they would get the series x up and running then look at it again ,second point there already pushing Xbox games on pc as a feature so why not do a deal to reciprocate this feature and come up with the killer console for this generation, although i will admit this may just be wishful thinking on my part but the vr has to come for alot of people to stop them from jumping ship to sony.

I’m not sure why some first party developers still refer to their forthcoming games as Xbox One titles despite the known compatibility with them. It gives the impression that the new Xbox Series systems aren’t of a truly new generation, but instead advanced Xbox One consoles like the Xbox One X was.

And Sony is still trippin. They haven't said jack about a console that supposed to drop in the next 60-90 days. At this point what are they waiting for? They are probably in damage control mode since they know it's going to be pricey in comparison to the XBox. To me it isn't really an issue since I'm buying it whether its $299 or $599, but I'm sure there are lots of people that need to know to plan for holiday purchases.

Why? Because they need to make their unit look enticing to people on the fence who just saw a $299 price on Sony's competitor. They will need to state why their unit is better for the price its going to be.

Also I know it won't be $599, I also do not believe it will be $299 either, I'm using a bit of hyperbole to explain I will buy it regardless of price as I have since PSOne

Why? Because they need to make their unit look enticing to people on the fence who just saw a $299 price on Sony's competitor. They will need to state why their unit is better for the price its going to be.

Also I know it won't be $599, I also do not believe it will be $299 either, I'm using a bit of hyperbole to explain I will buy it regardless of price as I have since PSOne

PS4 and PS4 Pro both launched at $399. My optimist money is on $399/£349 and $349/£299 for the 2 editions respectively.

Hardware sells at a loss, even the $600 PS3 was sold at something crazy like a $160 per unit loss initially. Software and service is where the money is, which is why Xbox are pushing game pass ultimate so hard. Sony might hedge their bets and take a slightly bigger loss per unit with the stronger launch offering and bigger user base for the PS4 vs Xbox One. Make it attractive and your current user base will buy and the loss hurts less as everyone buys games and subscriptions to go with it.

PS4 and PS4 Pro both launched at $399. My optimist money is on $399/£349 and $349/£299 for the 2 editions respectively.

My guess is: US$399 for the All Digital edition and US$499 for the standard. The PS5 has a way better hardware than Series S, so an extra US$100 is expected.

My guess is: US$399 for the All Digital edition and US$499 for the standard. The PS5 has a way better hardware than Series S, so an extra US$100 is expected.
A BluRay drive isn't $100. If Sony goes for the $399 PS5 (to match PS4 and PS4 Pro launch prices), it'll be the digital edition and the regular model will be no more than $30 more at $429.

A BluRay drive isn't $100. If Sony goes for the $399 PS5 (to match PS4 and PS4 Pro launch prices), it'll be the digital edition and the regular model will be no more than $30 more at $429.

It might be worth more to Sony than that, as digital versions of a game can't be resold.

It might be worth more to Sony than that, as digital versions of a game can't be resold.

Same rules apply to Microsoft there. Difference being Sony are the Blu Ray leaders having pretty much been the lead devs of BluRay since its inception. I imagine a BluRay drive to Sony costs a lot less than $30 to make and as they havent redesigned the digital console theres more margin for Sony.

The Blu-Ray is really cheap, maybe US$20 or so, but with the All Digital edition, Sony'll get more revenue from selling games. They won't need to share the money with Gamestop and other physical stores, so they can charge less on the hardware to compete against Xbox Series S' low price.

Last edited:
Perhaps this is Microsoft's grand master plan to expand the Xbox ecosystem as a whole while shifting old stock :sly:

Perhaps this is Microsoft's grand master plan to expand the Xbox ecosystem as a whole while shifting old stock :sly:
Buying one in the UK yesterday was a cluster****, so no wonder people bought One Xs instead.

Back