Microsoft Wheel MSFF Annoying Steering Aid.

• Thread starter kamkor
  • 33 comments
If anyone still plays Forza 2, you'd notice how easy it is to oversteer most of the vehicle even if the vehicle isn't necessary prone to lift-off oversteer in RL (ie. MR, older FR). It's perhaps one of the quirk with FM2 physics. The impression I get from the oversteer is not so much a setup issue- the kind of oversteer you would get in a race car with a lot of front tire grip but much closer to what you would experience with older cars and narrower tires- a sudden propensity to oversteer while cornering (sort like lift-off oversteer). In many ways the new physics even with the "steering aid" feels a lot better than what was in FM2 and I wouldn't be at all surprised that it is because T10 decides to "soften" the oversteer that it feels much better. Of course, the skeptic in me would wonder if it's just a quick band-aid to fix a persistent issue in the physics engine.

Last edited:
I can not help it but FM3 is too arcady for me and i have quit playing it. Racing is fun and AI is good but realism is not there in tire model, physics or in the FFB. I am still playing enthusia professional racing though :) (best oversteer physics on console game still : )

Turn 10 should have given us options to make the game realistic. I hope at least GT5 does this.

I can not help it but FM3 is too arcady for me and i have quit playing it. Racing is fun and AI is good but realism is not there in tire model, physics or in the FFB. I am still playing enthusia professional racing though :) (best oversteer physics on console game still : )

Turn 10 should have given us options to make the game realistic. I hope at least GT5 does this.

GT5 judging by the TT is what more people will 'want', I don't believe it's got remotely as complex physics going on as LFS or rFactor etc, but PD have IMO gone slightly down the NFS:Shift route, making it a little OTT, but ultimately perhaps more entertaining for people. Enthusia is a good example where a simple physics model with the right 'feel' beats just about anything.

I hope T10 do work on the physics params/feel/whatever to make it a little more entertaining for people next time, we need competition in this field of game to ensure companies strive to out-do each other and give us better games.

Back