Mid-Field Raceway Lap Times For 716 Cars!

  • Thread starter Thread starter MidFieldMaven
  • 737 comments
  • 87,357 views
M5 '05 has the same power and weight as the '08 I think. Chromeline is not a real car.
 
Well then I guess I have to test it lol. It's gotta be within half a second of the '08.
 
it actually is quite a bit quicker I believe...
(otherwise I wouldn't have asked you :))
 
Now I know why I didn't want to test this car. It's too stressful to drive fast. I'm at a 1:19.1 right now and killing myself to get 1:18

It wants to drift constantly.

Edit: Clean 1:18.791 finally...So happy to be done with this car. I need to test a couple slow cars now to relax.

Also tested Spyker C8 Laviolette '01 which was arguably more difficult to drive than the M5.
 
Last edited:
Spyker is indeed harder to master it than M5 due to long wheelbase of M5's.
 
Tested:

Fiat 500 R '72
Fiat Panda Super i.e. '90
Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00
Renault Sport Clio R.S. 2.0 16V '02
Renault Sport Mégane R.S. Trophy '11
 
Last edited:
So here's another set of graphs of @SuzukaStar's test work (play?). Again, same curve pattern as the Suzuka times showing a defined PP relationship with lap times. The area around 500pp is zoomed in to show the typical scatter.

Midfield.jpg


Midfield_500.jpg


Good job SuzukaStar!
 
@Polsixe that is awesome! I love when you chime in with graphs of my work (okay, it's play, but I wish it was work that I got paid for :sly:)

@88GTA I'll add you when I get on next. A wee bit drunk right now, but might get on in a bit 👍

Tested this morning:

Toyota Starlet Glanza V '97
Toyota Altezza Gita AS300 '01
Lexus IS F '07
 
Last edited:
can you add me to PSN: thomas__633.
Anyway... onto testing again.
 
The graph around 500PP shows clearly the Ruf RGT and F365 being too good... And if Ruf is a heavily modified P911 GT3, F365 was a dog in handling back in its years, so too good to be true.
 
Tested:

Renault Mégane 2.0 16V '03
Renault Mégane 2.0 IDE Coupé '00
Citroën C5 V6 Exclusive '03
Citroën Xantia 3.0i V6 Exclusive '00
 
Last edited:
The graph around 500PP shows clearly the Ruf RGT and F365 being too good... And if Ruf is a heavily modified P911 GT3, F365 was a dog in handling back in its years, so too good to be true.
911s will always rule, but yes the 365 is a little too good. A bit of an advantage car at this PP level.
 
Tested:

Citroën C3 1.6 '02
Citroën Xsara VTR '03
Citroën C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05
 
This has spread out as a nice list during the time I wasn't looking at the forum :)

If I can ask you something to test : a 111R Elise with oil change, stage 3 engine (should do 225 ch / 222 bhp), and the following K20A gearbox (put the preset speed one click at the right to be able to achieve all those ratios), and set it to 820 kg (1807 lbs) :

url


A friend is going to import a K20A swapped Elise and I'll come with him to bring it back here, want to see how these specs perform on Midfield (ABS forbidden :p ) I did Trial Mountain in 01:36,172 with that.
 
Already read that one, fantastic build :)

All of this makes me want a K20 swapped S1 so bad...
 
Did you want the Elise 111R to be on CS or SH tires? I'll do it with CS like I've been doing.

Bought stage 1 weight reduction and added 21 kg to get 820 kg. Default ballast position, I assume?

Has 221 hp and 468 pp.

After 3 laps, 1:20.448 or 1.5 seconds faster than stock. Hey it's faster than the NSX Type R '02 and Elise Sport 190.

With a wheel it can easily manage high 1:19's but I'd wager 1:18 would take all day, if it's even possible.
 
Last edited:
You did it all right. It seems to hold up pretty close to its Trial Mountain rank even with the straights, as I expected. Thanks :)
 
how you going with GT academy suzuka? also great work, are you going to test the Zytek Niss.... the LMP2?
 
how you going with GT academy suzuka? also great work, are you going to test the Zytek Niss.... the LMP2?

I don't have a wheel so I suck at GT Academy. I can't even get Bronze in the LMP2. I won't be testing anything that's not street-legal except a few exceptions that aren't too crazy on Comfort tires, such as the Spoon, Nismo, Amuse etc...

Tested:

Toyota Prius G '09
Toyota Prius G Touring Selection (J) '03
Toyota Aqua S '11

The Prius '09 is pretty damn quick. It doesn't deserve all the hatred it receives. It's faster than the CR-Z.
 
it isn't faster for me. Anyway I got 2.13.2 with the LMP2. With a controller. That is worse than a DS3. come on mate! have a go!
 
I watched the replay of the #1 guy and I think he's not even from planet Earth.
 
XD. I use meditation for this... you should use TCS 1 for it.
 
Yeah that'll probably help. Major issue in this car with 2nd gear wanting to spin the tires.
 
lel
im thinking I can get it right but it will be close...
 
Back