Mid-Field Supercar Shootout '15 - Congratulations to the Champion DolHaus!

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 658 comments
If you have already finished, I say welcome to the party and feel free to post away. Always like to see new people join in.

Thanks, I've followed these competitions for a while and Wanted to get more involved somehow, it's proved to be more work than I thought testing such different cars and both directions on Midfield.

I'm not really sure want to be the first to post their results and feedback though haha :D

All that's left for me is Im having trouble assigning DC points, since the points actually matter it doesn't feel right to just arbitrarily assign them but also doesn't feel right to simply rank them 1-14.
:boggled:

Thanks, I've followed these competitions for a while and Wanted to get more involved somehow, it's proved to be more work than I thought testing such different cars and both directions on Midfield.

I'm not really sure want to be the first to post their results and feedback though haha :D

All that's left for me is Im having trouble assigning DC points, since the points actually matter it doesn't feel right to just arbitrarily assign them but also doesn't feel right to simply rank them 1-14.
Well, I could help you start off and put that F40 tune in it's place with a DC of 1. ;)

This may help you with your rating though.
Drivers Choice Scale:
10.0 Among the best tunes you have driven in GT6
7 to 9 A great tune that could be a little better if …..
4 to 6 A good tune that needs a few adjustments to become a contender
Under 4 A tune that needs work (please be specific with feedback with any tunes listed here)
I agree though, DC scoring is one of the hardest with a good group of tunes like we have been seeing lately.

I generally start with the faster tunes and work down from there. If I really,liked/enjoyed a tune even if it was slower, it would get a higher score. If a tune was really fast but hard to get a good lap, fastest ls was luck, I would take away DC. Hope this helps.

I still have 6 more to finish before I can post.

I remember how hard it was my first time around as well.
What I did was base the score purely how much I liked the car. If I was having problems figuring out a score I took the car out stock to see how the ther did with adjusting the car and started at five and added or took away based on how the car did things compaired to stock. Eg if Stock it under steered through the entire corner and only at entry or on exit with the tune I gave it +2, if it didn't understeer at all it got +3 If still under steered it got +0. If under steered through most of the turn it got +1.

If you don't want to be the first to post feedback, I can give out my review/scoring tonight, but it only has 1 direction on it so far.

Well, I could help you start off and put that F40 tune in it's place with a DC of 1. ;)

I wouldn't say a 1, but what is it with you lately? Choosing the underdogs or cars that will kill you if you even look at the gas pedal! It is an improvement from stock, but man I'm not good enough to handle it. I would love to see a tune from you like your SCCA Improved Touring Miata, I still have the keys to that one.👍
:cheers:

I wouldn't say a 1, but what is it with you lately? Choosing the underdogs or cars that will kill you if you even look at the gas pedal! It is an improvement from stock, but man I'm not good enough to handle it. I would love to see a tune from you like your SCCA Improved Touring Miata, I still have the keys to that one.👍
:cheers:
That Miata 1600 NR-A looked like it was the underdog, turned out to be the top dog. :bowdown: I normally try to choose what looks like a more difficult car when given the option. From @Bowtie-muscle's review, I would say my COTM Gallardo tune is a good tune, I originally thought about detuning it for this challenge, but @CSLACR talked me out of it by posting the Clueless Cars. I had my fun while tuning the F40 but I have a good Lotus tune that I might let you test drive if you're gentle. :P

It is a brave man who takes on the F40 without the aid of ballast! :bowdown:

I've got 3 more to go in the right direction then onto the reverse course. Should hopefully be posting by the weekend.

There are some great tunes on offer here 👍 and for the most part, pretty close in lap-times too. I've got 4 cars split by just over a tenth just now and 10 of them within a second.:) It'll be interesting to see how the reverse course shakes things up.
I'll only be giving that a 1 if I take off a whole lot of points for the colour choice. The badge alone's worth 6 :lol:

Mid-Field Supercar Shootout

Track:
Mid-Field Raceway
Time: 17:15
Temp: 18° C Sun/Rain
^^^Yes these 3 things are important to keep in mind due to track grip levels.

Mid-Field Raceway (Reverse)
Will try this weekend to get these in.

Car(s):
Tuners Choice

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission
Grip set to Real

Yes, I feel the need to put the disclaimer in on this one...
**I’m not a negative person, so if there is any criticism of a tune; it’s not meant to be an insult, and if my time is slower than what you have, then that’s fair enough. These are non bias opinions based on how I drive and should be taken with a grain of salt! I respect and appreciate the time the tuners have put into their tunes and I will try everything I can to get the most out of the tune itself.**

@doblocruiser
Car: SRT Viper GTS '02
Lap Time (Forward) - 1:11.144
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 7.5
Fast car making it hard to woah up with the brakes, and I could never really rely on rear grip. It would drift out and snap back with correction on some corners. And on the higher speed corners, it would go tight pushing me onto the rumble strips on corner exit. I think this is the first tune I've tested of yours, looking forward to more!:cheers:

@DaBomm4
Car: Ferrari F40 '92
Lap Time (Forward) - 1:11.857
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 7.0
Tough car to take on DaBomm but it was also tough for me to handle. I don't know if it's the car, stock transmission, my throttle control, or just me as a driver! The frustrating part was knowing that it had speed, but it would lose that benefit through the first chicane or the "U" turn after the tunnel, because it would start to drift and you have to chase it. If you didn't brake in a straight line the rear would sneak out on you. (If it's meant for trail-brakers that's fair enough, and I'll admit that I am not.):nervous:

@Brewguy44
Car: SRT Viper ACR '08
Lap Time (Forward) - 1:10.849
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.0
With it being a Viper I half expected it to throw me around the track. I was pleasantly surprised with how much grip this car had. Great brakes and control around the track. Nice job.👍

@TurnLeft
Car: Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Lap Time (Forward) - 1:09.840
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.4
The rear had so much grip that it was just pushing the front. It made the car very secure when getting back on the gas, but it would also make the car push throughout most of the corner. Great job with the rear grip, the front just needs a little more and it would be a rocket.:D

@xande1959
Car: Aston Martin One-77 '11
Lap Time (Forward) - 1:10.202
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 7.3
This is my first drive in this car, except for the license tests, and for a heavy Aston, it can get around the track like it's hair is on fire. It requires so much concentration though, I don't think I blinked for 3 laps straight. This car is meant for the elite! I'm sorry my friend, I gave it my best shot, I just couldn't control this mistress.:ouch: If you stepped over the boundaries of rear grip, she would make you pay...heavily.

@Motor City Hami
Car: Nissan GT-R Nismo '14
Lap Time (Forward) - 1:10.988
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.8
Great car, Hami!👍 It practically drove itself. You could easily make up time by riding the curbs without upsetting the car, and on some turns I found myself with the time to concentrate on my throttle control because the car was that smooth. The only downfall was that it had that snug but safe feeling making it a little more difficult for me to drive it hard.

@shaunm80
Lap Time (Forward) - 1:10.261
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.3
Nice car to get around the track and easy to get into a rhythm. The rear end will stay behind you, but the front lacks the grip needed to get really aggressive. The harder you pushed the car, the more it would slide past the apex.

@Bowtie-muscle
Car: Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
Lap Time (Forward) - 1:09.601
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 9.2
Well, you did the badge proud, Bowtie! A very fun car to drive. Quick, agile, and yes the back end can step out on you, but you can easily correct it. It might be called an overdog in this challenge, but don't let it take away from a very solid tune.

@787bcgr
Lap Time (Forward) - 1:10.382
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 9.0
One of my favorites. And since it has a brother in this challenge, I get to compare! The front end was a little more responsive than Hami's, but it did come at a price on the rumble strips and tire squeal. I could push this car more, but I actually had to drive it. Amazing job!

@Thorin Cain
Car: Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Superveloce '09
Lap Time (Forward) - 1:09.744
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.7
I love the Murcielago's and you did a good job with it Thorin. It can slide around on you and you do tend to use up the outside front on entry, but that is typical of hyper cars on Sports:Soft tires. I believe this is the first tune of yours that I've driven that hasn't required SRF/Racing tires...you should put out more of these.:cheers:

@Ridox2JZGTE
Car: Lamborghini Countach '88
Lap Time (Forward) - 1:11.139
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 7.9
Tough car for me to handle when I really tried to get on it. If you didn't hit your marks it would go tight and slide out on you. It was more severe on the chicanes when transferring the weight from one side to the other, it would become snappy loose.

@DolHaus
Car: Lamborghini Diablo GT '00
Lap Time (Forward) - 1:09.836
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.0
I struggled with this car, not as much as some, but after 10 laps, I still couldn't find exactly where my braking/turn in points were. (Although I was getting better and my best lap was #9) It is fast, but twitchy. More overall grip and a little height clearance for the rumble strips would do me better. Or just put a decal above the drivers door that says "Good drivers need only apply".:odd:

@brian wolf
Car: Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C6) '09
Lap Time (Forward) - 1:09.434
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 9.5
Well done! The main difference between this tune and Bowtie's was the responsiveness of the front end. Being able to throw the car down more into the corner and picking up the throttle just that little bit earlier was the difference in the lap times. I did, however, use up more of the outside front on corner entry and the rear wasn't as easy to catch. But as far as the outside fronts go, that's ok, tires are free after the first set!:sly:

@Otaliema
Car: Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
Lap Time (Forward) - 1:10.158
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.6
Such a pretty car, and the tune wasn't bad either.:mischievous: This car does what it says on the tin. It is a little snug overall, but that is what makes it safe. Maybe just a tad too safe. The rear had all the grip leaving the front to slide around when you really tried going after it. I'd happily drive it during a race, it's a comfortable ride.👍

Tough car to take on DaBomm but it was also tough for me to handle. I don't know if it's the car, stock transmission, my throttle control, or just me as a driver! The frustrating part was knowing that it had speed, but it would lose that benefit through the first chicane or the "U" turn after the tunnel, because it would start to drift and you have to chase it. If you didn't brake in a straight line the rear would sneak out on you. (If it's meant for trail-brakers that's fair enough, and I'll admit that I am not.):nervous:
My guess is throttle control, I seem to have been building up a decent amount of it from driving an RUF BTR on GT5, no tuning and no ABS for about a month. (not as long as it sounds)

Thanks for the reviews and times. Can't wait for the reverse times. :)

Track:
Mid-Field Raceway

Car(s):
Tuners Choice

Driving Options

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission
Grip set to Real

**I’m not a negative person, so if there is any criticism of a tune; it’s not meant to be an insult, and if my time is slower than what you have, then that’s fair enough. These are non bias opinions based on how I drive and should be taken with a grain of salt! I respect and appreciate the time the tuners have put into their tunes and I will try everything I can to get the most out of the tune itself.**

@doblocruiser
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 7.5
Fast car making it hard to woah up with the brakes, and I could never really rely on rear grip. It would drift out and snap back with correction on some corners. And on the higher speed corners, it would go tight pushing me onto the rumble strips on corner exit. I think this is the first tune I've tested of yours, looking forward to more!:cheers:

@DaBomm4
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 7.0

@Brewguy44
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.0
With it being a Viper I half expected it to throw me around the track. I was pleasantly surprised with how much grip this car had. Great brakes and control around the track. Nice job.👍

@TurnLeft
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.4
The rear had so much grip that it was just pushing the front. It made the car very secure when getting back on the gas, but it would also make the car push throughout most of the corner. Great job with the rear grip, the front just needs a little more and it would be a rocket.:D

@xande1959
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 7.3
This is my first drive in this car, except for the license tests, and for a heavy Aston, it can get around the track like it's hair is on fire. It requires so much concentration though, I don't think I blinked for 3 laps straight. This car is meant for the elite! I'm sorry my friend, I gave it my best shot, I just couldn't control this mistress.:ouch: If you stepped over the boundaries of rear grip, she would make you pay...heavily.

@Motor City Hami
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.8
Great car, Hami!👍 It practically drove itself. You could easily make up time by riding the curbs without upsetting the car, and on some turns I found myself with the time to concentrate on my throttle control because the car was that smooth. The only downfall was that it had that snug but safe feeling making it a little more difficult for me to drive it hard.

@shaunm80
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.3
Nice car to get around the track and easy to get into a rhythm. The rear end will stay behind you, but the front lacks the grip needed to get really aggressive. The harder you pushed the car, the more it would slide past the apex.

@Bowtie-muscle
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 9.2
Well, you did the badge proud, Bowtie! A very fun car to drive. Quick, agile, and yes the back end can step out on you, but you can easily correct it. It might be called an overdog in this challenge, but don't let it take away from a very solid tune.

@787bcgr
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 9.0
One of my favorites. And since it has a brother in this challenge, I get to compare! The front end was a little more responsive than Hami's, but it did come at a price on the rumble strips and tire squeal. I could push this car more, but I actually had to drive it. Amazing job!

@Thorin Cain
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.7
I love the Murcielago's and you did a good job with it Thorin. It can slide around on you and you do tend to use up the outside front on entry, but that is typical of hyper cars on Sports:Soft tires. I believe this is the first tune of yours that I've driven that hasn't required SRF/Racing tires...you should put out more of these.:cheers:

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 7.9
Tough car for me to handle when I really tried to get on it. If you didn't hit your marks it would go tight and slide out on you. It was more severe on the chicanes when transferring the weight from one side to the other, it would become snappy loose.

@DolHaus
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.0
I struggled with this car, not as much as some, but after 10 laps, I still couldn't find exactly where my braking/turn in points were. (Although I was getting better and my best lap was #9) It is fast, but twitchy. More overall grip and a little height clearance for the rumble strips would do me better. Or just put a decal above the drivers door that says "Good drivers need only apply".:odd:

@brian wolf
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 9.5
Well done! The main difference between this tune and Bowtie's was the responsiveness of the front end. Being able to throw the car down more into the corner and picking up the throttle just that little bit earlier was the difference in the lap times. I did, however, use up more of the outside front on corner entry and the rear wasn't as easy to catch. But as far as the outside fronts go, that's ok, tires are free after the first set!:sly:

@Otaliema
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.6
Such a pretty car, and the tune wasn't bad either.:mischievous: This car does what it says on the tin. It is a little snug overall, but that is what makes it safe. Maybe just a tad too safe. The rear had all the grip leaving the front to slide around when you really tried going after it. I'd happily drive it during a race, it's a comfortable ride.👍

First off excellent review, I've read your feedback on previous competitions and it gave me a great place to start..... Seeing this gives me a lot of confidence in posting mine since you touched on most of the same talking points on each car, so at least I'm on the right track.

Again well done 👍

@Lionheart2113 said- @@Brewguy44
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.0

Thank You for the review. 👍 Good time too!!! I was quite surprised by how good it drove, even without the spoiler :odd: and being almost stock. :D
animated-smileys-drinking-187.gif

Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.6
Great time in the car. Sounds like I went a little too safe, but that's what I was going for this time. Confidence, you know you can pound it around and not find your self in the dirt.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 7.9

Thanks for the review :) The car does need precise braking, so if you hit it at the right time, it will glide in then fast out with ease :) For the high speed chicane, all you need to do is tap on the brakes aim on the inside then outside, I think I did full throttle to exit with no traction issue. By the way, did you download the replay of my lap and use it as a ghost ?

Thanks for the review :) The car does need precise braking, so if you hit it at the right time, it will glide in then fast out with ease :) For the high speed chicane, all you need to do is tap on the brakes aim on the inside then outside, I think I did full throttle to exit with no traction issue. By the way, did you download the replay of my lap and use it as a ghost ?
No, I didn't see that you had a replay. I wouldn't be able to keep up with your ghost anyways,:yuck: although I have been practicing using the triggers for gas/brake to get more control...early stages!:dunce:

No, I didn't see that you had a replay. I wouldn't be able to keep up with your ghost anyways,:yuck: although I have been practicing using the triggers for gas/brake to get more control...early stages!:dunce:

But, but the replay is at the bottom :P, the ghost is a good incentive to chase, and you get to see the line better too. You got a very good time already at low 1:11s, that's only a few tenths away than my replay ghost. The heavier front of the stock distribution also might had a hand in the slide behavior when missing the line, the original setup it was based on have heavier rear end.

Last edited:
@brian wolf
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 9.5
Another quality set of reviews sir! Great job! And great times too. I`m gonna have a tough time keeping up with those when I`m testing them next week. :cheers:

Track:
Mid-Field Raceway

Car(s):
Tuners Choice

Driving Options

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission
Grip set to Real

@doblocruiser
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 7.5

@DaBomm4
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 7.0

@Brewguy44
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.0

@TurnLeft
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.4

@xande1959
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 7.3

@Motor City Hami
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.8

@shaunm80
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.3

@Bowtie-muscle
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 9.2

@787bcgr
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 9.0

@Thorin Cain
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.7

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 7.9

@DolHaus
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.0

@brian wolf
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 9.5

@Otaliema
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.6
Thanks for the effort you put in, I look forward to the other half. Then I will give my opinion on the difference between mine and brian's.

@Thorin Cain
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.7
Thanks for the review @Lionheart2113, I'm glad you got on with it OK on those slippery tyres and SAFE MODE switched off :lol:
Right on the money with the feedback 👍 Thank you for testing :)

Great times too BTW :cheers:

@DolHaus
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.0
Thank you for the review and good job putting some strong times on the board 👍
I make no apologies for the car being a bit sharp, I've always loved the Diablo and thought that the big bull should have a bit of a temper :lol:
It gets a bit twitchy off the throttle but as long as you maintain some degree of throttle it'll hold any line you want, bit of a weird technique to get used to though so its not going to be for everyone :lol:

Thank you for the review and good job putting some strong times on the board 👍
I make no apologies for the car being a bit sharp, I've always loved the Diablo and thought that the big bull should have a bit of a temper :lol:
It gets a bit twitchy off the throttle but as long as you maintain some degree of throttle it'll hold any line you want, bit of a weird technique to get used to though so its not going to be for everyone :lol:
That explains a lot! The temper of the car did change when I let off the throttle as I do which threw off my turn in points.

Back