Mid-Field Supercar Shootout '15 - Congratulations to the Champion DolHaus!

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 658 comments
Well, here goes..... ;)

I tested these all with times with a Ds3 sensitivity at 6 with track time on both direction set to 12:00 and grip set to real. Only ABS1 used. I've been testing these as they were posted for the last couple weeks.

This is my first time posting any testing feedback like this, hopefully I'll get better at feedback and scoring at any rate, I'm glad to be taking part. đź‘Ť

Bowtie-Muscle - Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
Fwd: 1.09.814
Rev: 1.12.573
DC 9
This was a sharp handling car, stiff, at times I felt like I could do with a little more eagerness to turn in on the slow corners. Where this car really did well was on midfield reverse coming over the crest and through the curves it was much more manageable at speed.

brian wolf - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6)
Fwd: 1.09.622
Rev: 1.12.282
DC 9.5
This is a fast an accurate tune, weight transfer and rotation were about perfect. I liked that I could dance this one through the tighter sections of the tack.

Thorin Cain - Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce '09
Fwd: 1.09.956
Rev: 1.12.920
DC 9
This car is fast, really pulls. That said, she felt heavy, but stable, as long as I trusted the grip, I put it very consistent times.

Otaliema - Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
Fwd: 1.10.105
Rev: 1.12.643
DC 9.5
This car hits apex's..... All of them, very precise and manageable handling..... weight transfer and rotation were fantastic. I felt more in control, at speed, than the 458’s even though the 458, just edged it in laptimes. The consistency of this tune made it a favorite of mine.

shaunm80 - Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Fwd: 1.10.173
Rev: 1.12.992
DC 9
Couldn't find a fault with this car, very good, very accurate better tracking than the other 458 tune in this comp

TurnLeft - Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Fwd: 1.10.253
Rev: 1.12.811
DC 8.5
What you'd expect from a 458, I had no problems with it, fast and consistent, I did push out on corner exit on several occasions but always saved it without much drama.

xande1959 - Aston Martin One-77 '11
Fwd: 1.10.372
Rev: 1.12.753
DC 8
For the most part rotation and weight transfer felt on point, but I had a tendency to lose the back end mid corner in both tunnels if I put too much faith in the grip. With the power, I felt like I was constantly on the verge of a faster lap with this one. I thought this would be in the 109/112 at the head of the pack but I couldn’t get as accurate with this one.

DolHaus - Lamborghini Diablo GT '00
Fwd: 1.10.493
Rev: 1.12.379
DC 9
This was a load of fun, very eager to rotate, probably the most fun I had out of the testing. It felt like I had a ton of control even when it got wild, very easy to correct with throttle. But, when I really bear down and put in clean laps, the wildness still kept me from getting that .500 that I know is right there within reach

787bcgr - Nissan GT-R Nismo '14
Fwd: 1.11.494
Rev: 1.13.249
DC 8.5
I really feel like the 4wd is actually doing work on this tune. I can feel the front wheels doing their part.... And was consistently surprised how well it kept turning in on the sweeping left hander that leads down the hill, with 4wd I'm constantly hesitating to get back on the gas so I don't understeer to the rail, this tune, she turned in and held the line.

Motor City Hami - Nissan GT-R Nismo '14
Fwd: 1.11.270
Rev: 1.13.461
DC 8
I struggled with this one on corner entry and had a bit of trouble holding the line in the longer sweeping corner. Just needed a little more rotation for my driving style. That said, it was easy to bring this back in line with a little bit of throttle control which makes it a consistent performer

Brewguy44 - SRT Viper ACR '08
Fwd: 1.10.752
Rev: 1.13.602
DC 8
This was a relatively safe tune. Easy to drive There wasn't as much drama as I expected with removing the wing, good performer. More than the others this one would benefit from a tranny flip.

doblocruiser - SRT Viper GTS '02
Fwd: 1.11.780
Rev: 1.13.820
DC 6.5
I really struggled with oversteer on this tune. Losing it mid corner happened several times and when it goes it was gone, Otherwise I like the handling when I get it right, when I trust the grip on faster corners I was rewarded.

DaBomm4 - Ferrari F40 '92
Fwd: 1.11.223
Rev: 1.13.899
DC 6
I had some good laps with this tune, but they were few and far between, the oversteer was a problem for me most of the time.These types of tunes leave me wondering if I finally got a wheel and pedals, if id be able to manage it better.

Ridox2JZGTE - Lamborghini Countach '88
Fwd: 1.11.888
Rev: 1.13.903
DC 7
A solid tune, stiff, heavy, and feeling,it wouldn't quite rotate to my liking, It didn't understeer at all, but it was slow/reluctant to rotate. It was stable and fast but the adjustments in driving I made to get her to turn in mostly involved braking early and the lap times suffered.I put a lot of miles on this, since you listed your time in your tune post, it kept me working, but quicker laps were beyond my ability.

@Lionheart2113

Thanks for the constructive feedback đź‘Ť

Will need to catch up with the ins and outs of tuning a bit more.

Agreed with @Lionheart2113 unless you're trying to start a garage that works most, tune for you. Often whats fast for you will be fast for another.
Now feedback is always a good thing, even more so from drivers that are faster cause they push harder so they find the flaws better. đź‘Ť

DC 9.5
This car hits apex's..... All of them, very precise and manageable handling..... weight transfer and rotation were fantastic. I felt more in control, at speed, than the 458’s even though the 458, just edged it in laptimes. The consistency of this tune made it a favorite of mine.
Thank you looks like you had a great time in the car. Great times in it as well.

DC 6
I had some good laps with this tune, but they were few and far between, the oversteer was a problem for me most of the time.These types of tunes leave me wondering if I finally got a wheel and pedals, if id be able to manage it better.
Thanks for testing, those are some good lap times for all of the tunes. I do prefer my cars with a little more power on full throttle, muscle car syndrome, and I also drive with DS3.

That explains a lot! The temper of the car did change when I let off the throttle as I do which threw off my turn in points.
Yeah it will rotate aggressively at any speed, you've just got to be ready to blip the throttle as soon as you come off the brakes. I tend to do it with out thinking, don't know if its just a quirk of using the sticks for throttle/brake or just a drift thing but I always get straight back on the throttle as soon as I come off the brakes :lol:

well at least that easy enough to solve for a race verison of the tune đź‘Ť more LSD Decl!
I'd probably increase the Initial to soften the transition rather than increase understeer by upping the Decel, its not over-steering, just responding too aggressively. I know for a fact that raising the front damper comp by one smooths the car out a bunch and in hindsight might have been the more appropriate choice :lol:

DC 9
This was a load of fun, very eager to rotate, probably the most fun I had out of the testing. It felt like I had a ton of control even when it got wild, very easy to correct with throttle. But, when I really bear down and put in clean laps, the wildness still kept me from getting that .500 that I know is right there within reach
Thank you very much for testing and I'm glad you enjoyed the car, well done on your first time testing đź‘Ť

I'm beginning to think I may have made the car a bit too wild, this said, a car that doesn't try to kill you every once in a while is no supercar in my eyes :lol:

Thanks for testing, those are some good lap times for all of the tunes. I do prefer my cars with a little more power on full throttle, muscle car syndrome, and I also drive with DS3.

I struggled with scoring on this one, I wanted to score higher since it was a lot of fun, and stock, at this PP the oversteer was way worse, so you improved grip, weight transfer and control, but I struggled to get consistent laps, really hard to compare and contrast this to a 458, this was more fun, but I totalled it 6 times.

DC 7
A solid tune, stiff, heavy, and feeling,it wouldn't quite rotate to my liking, It didn't understeer at all, but it was slow/reluctant to rotate. It was stable and fast but the adjustments in driving I made to get her to turn in mostly involved braking early and the lap times suffered.I put a lot of miles on this, since you listed your time in your tune post, it kept me working, but quicker laps were beyond my ability.

I mentioned about heavy go kart :scared: :) It indeed needs to be thrown around , and for braking, you can brake pretty late for the forward layout ( 1st turn, and both tunnel entry ), just need to lift the brakes once you are turning in. I haven't tested it on reverse, but I can guess it need early braking on the 1st downhill turn to the tunnel and good lines exiting the 2nd tunnel. The chicane on the reverse also might need early turn in and hitting the right speed for the last turn leading to the straight. The Countach can be freed up easily by toe changes and slight tweak on ARB + damper, I went for safer car :D

I'd probably increase the Initial to soften the transition rather than increase understeer by upping the Decel, its not over-steering, just responding too aggressively. I know for a fact that raising the front damper comp by one smooths the car out a bunch and in hindsight might have been the more appropriate choice :lol:
the decl controls the off throttle response. the higher numebr the more it wants to strighten out.
But Accel will work just as well. maybe a little bit of both and you get softer transitions and get a car that wants to go straighter.

the decl controls the off throttle response. the higher numebr the more it wants to strighten out.
But Accel will work just as well. maybe a little bit of both and you get softer transitions and get a car that wants to go straighter.
Its just a case of the front having slightly more grip than it should on entry, its the key to the cars ability to rotate but its a double edged sword of sorts. The rear has more than enough grip to straighten the car on throttle so its a case of throwing the car in and using the throttle to control rotation

Its just a case of the front having slightly more grip than it should on entry, its the key to the cars ability to rotate but its a double edged sword of sorts. The rear has more than enough grip to straighten the car on throttle so its a case of throwing the car in and using the throttle to control rotation
So it's a matter of trusting the car to save your 🤬 when you hit the gas and not kill you. That's a tall order man. :lol:

edit; Granted i'm making a car just like that Irony :lol: but it's one you can trust, jsut sorting out some entry understeer.

Last edited:
DC 8
For the most part rotation and weight transfer felt on point, but I had a tendency to lose the back end mid corner in both tunnels if I put too much faith in the grip. With the power, I felt like I was constantly on the verge of a faster lap with this one. I thought this would be in the 109/112 at the head of the pack but I couldn’t get as accurate with this one.

thank you for give it a try this machine. a pleasure to drive a car even if these rear slide in the corners, but controllable .Thank you.:cheers:đź‘Ť

DC 9
Couldn't find a fault with this car, very good, very accurate better tracking than the other 458 tune in this comp

Thank you for the test and review. I am glad you enjoyed this tune. Well done on a great time too. By the way, welcome to FITT and I hope to see you return in the future.

Yeah it will rotate aggressively at any speed, you've just got to be ready to blip the throttle as soon as you come off the brakes. I tend to do it with out thinking, don't know if its just a quirk of using the sticks for throttle/brake or just a drift thing but I always get straight back on the throttle as soon as I come off the brakes :lol:

Thank you very much for testing and I'm glad you enjoyed the car, well done on your first time testing đź‘Ť

I'm beginning to think I may have made the car a bit too wild, this said, a car that doesn't try to kill you every once in a while is no supercar in my eyes :lol:

This is one of my favorite cars in the game, most of the stuff from the 80's and and 90's I love from my teens. I have a lot of miles on my existing one and bought this for the comp.... Schlidin
image.jpg

I mentioned about heavy go kart :scared: :) It indeed needs to be thrown around , and for braking, you can brake pretty late for the forward layout ( 1st turn, and both tunnel entry ), just need to lift the brakes once you are turning in. I haven't tested it on reverse, but I can guess it need early braking on the 1st downhill turn to the tunnel and good lines exiting the 2nd tunnel. The chicane on the reverse also might need early turn in and hitting the right speed for the last turn leading to the straight. The Countach can be freed up easily by toe changes and slight tweak on ARB + damper, I went for safer car :D

Now that I'm done with the comp I want to make a few slight changes to the tunes since I'm keeping them all. I figured front toe settings and a click softer on dampers might do the trick. Painted it sonic blue from the ford truck :D

thank you for give it a try this machine. a pleasure to drive a car even if these rear slide in the corners, but controllable .Thank you.:cheers:đź‘Ť
Really was a fun drive, well done, reminds me of the batmobile painted matte dark silver

Thank you for the test and review. I am glad you enjoyed this tune. Well done on a great time too. By the way, welcome to FITT and I hope to see you return in the future.

Thanks, I get a lot of enjoyment from trying out all these tunes.

Next time I need to be much more methodical in my notes as I test. I didn't decide I wanted to post until after I tested all of them. Which for me was the wrong way to do it. So I ended up going through it all twice. :boggled:

Next time I need to be much more methodical in my notes as I test. I didn't decide I wanted to post until after I tested all of them. Which for me was the wrong way to do it. So I ended up going through it all twice. :boggled:
Live and learn. Then get Evernote :lol:

@Lionheart2113

I always tell everyone to tune the way you tune, the rest will take of itself. Don't want to say to much until I post my review, but, sometimes your time comes down to car choice or just being a tick here or there off. I think you did great and hope to see you join in some more. If I could make one suggestion, it would be to drive several of the other tunes and see if you can learn something from them. Worked for me, seeing different options to repair different tendencies. Lots of different cars here makes some stand out and some stay behind, finding the right one sometimes is key. Hang in and stick around.đź‘Ť

Well, here goes..... ;)

DC 9
This was a sharp handling car, stiff, at times I felt like I could do with a little more eagerness to turn in on the slow corners. Where this car really did well was on midfield reverse coming over the crest and through the curves it was much more manageable at speed.

DC 9.5
This is a fast an accurate tune, weight transfer and rotation were about perfect. I liked that I could dance this one through the tighter sections of the tack.

DC 9
This car is fast, really pulls. That said, she felt heavy, but stable, as long as I trusted the grip, I put it very consistent times.

DC 9.5

DC 9

DC 8.5
What you'd expect from a 458, I had no problems with it, fast and consistent, I did push out on corner exit on several occasions but always saved it without much drama.

DC 8

DC 9

DC 8.5
I really feel like the 4wd is actually doing work on this tune. I can feel the front wheels doing their part.... And was consistently surprised how well it kept turning in on the sweeping left hander that leads down the hill, with 4wd I'm constantly hesitating to get back on the gas so I don't understeer to the rail, this tune, she turned in and held the line.

DC 8
I struggled with this one on corner entry and had a bit of trouble holding the line in the longer sweeping corner. Just needed a little more rotation for my driving style. That said, it was easy to bring this back in line with a little bit of throttle control which makes it a consistent performer

DC 8
This was a relatively safe tune. Easy to drive There wasn't as much drama as I expected with removing the wing, good performer. More than the others this one would benefit from a tranny flip.

DC 6.5
I really struggled with oversteer on this tune. Losing it mid corner happened several times and when it goes it was gone, Otherwise I like the handling when I get it right, when I trust the grip on faster corners I was rewarded.

DC 6

DC 7
Thank you for testing and the kind words, glad you liked it even if @brian wolf 's was a tick faster/better. You did a great job on the review, and there are some really good tunes in the field. A few that I really liked, and hope you might have learned something from testing.:dopey:

@Lionheart2113

I always tell everyone to tune the way you tune, the rest will take of itself. Don't want to say to much until I post my review, but, sometimes your time comes down to car choice or just being a tick here or there off. I think you did great and hope to see you join in some more. If I could make one suggestion, it would be to drive several of the other tunes and see if you can learn something from them. Worked for me, seeing different options to repair different tendencies. Lots of different cars here makes some stand out and some stay behind, finding the right one sometimes is key. Hang in and stick around.đź‘Ť

Well, here goes..... ;)

DC 9

DC 9.5

DC 9

DC 9.5

DC 9

DC 8.5

DC 8

DC 9

DC 8.5

DC 8

DC 8

DC 6.5

DC 6

DC 7
Thank you for testing and the kind words, glad you liked it even if @brian wolf 's was a tick faster/better. You did a great job on the review, and there are some really good tunes in the field. A few that I really liked, and hope you might have learned something from testing.:dopey:

@TurnLeft
Car: Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Lap Time (Forward) - 1:09.840
Lap Time (Reverse) -
DC Score - 8.4
The rear had so much grip that it was just pushing the front. It made the car very secure when getting back on the gas, but it would also make the car push throughout most of the corner. Great job with the rear grip, the front just needs a little more and it would be a rocket.:D
Thank you for taking the time to test it :bowdown:, and for driving it faster then I could :rolleyes:. Also thanks for the heads up for the front end, I'll try to get that fixed up before I put it out for all, sure was easier with the 2cv :lol:. Hope to see you as a tuner on the next competition, I'll be testing for sure :scared:.

DC 8.5
Thank you very much :bowdown:, glad you enjoyed it, maybe it could have used a little drama to go faster :lol:. My first review from you đź‘Ť, I appreciate the time and effort you put in and hope the fun of it payed off for it. For future reviews on my tunes, you can be picky as much as you want with me, I use this to help me get them all prepped up for their final outing, it will hurt me :ouch: but I'll evolve :lol:.

Well, here goes..... ;)

I tested these all with times with a Ds3 sensitivity at 6 with track time on both direction set to 12:00 and grip set to real. Only ABS1 used. I've been testing these as they were posted for the last couple weeks.

This is my first time posting any testing feedback like this, hopefully I'll get better at feedback and scoring at any rate, I'm glad to be taking part. đź‘Ť

DC 9

DC 9.5

DC 9

DC 9.5

DC 9

DC 8.5

DC 8

DC 9

DC 8.5

DC 8

DC 8

DC 6.5

DC 6

DC 7
Thanks for the reviews. I'd say you did a great job with the feedback too. đź‘Ť More good times up on the board aswell!

I hope I can do the same when my turn comes around :nervous:

DC 9.5
Welcome! Glad you liked my `vette tune! đź‘Ť
And with consistent times and constructive reviews.......your in! :cheers:

DC 6.5

Thanks for testing! Yup I agree with mid-corner being a bit of an issue. It doesn't leave to much room for error and as stated "the more you push, the more the flaws you'll find". Liked that it gave you some fait somewhere :D

You'll do fine, as long as you don't total ALL the cars in the process. (ok, fine, we all agree that the Barbie Ferrari should meet a wall or two...)
D'ya know that was about the only car I didn't total so far,:odd: Got too scared coming out of turn 1 and crawled round for 2 minute laps, terrible car :yuck:. Na, only kidding. Even the paint job's beginning to grow on me :eek:

Been a long grueling process but I have only 1 tune left (my own) on reverse to do. Hopefully tonight or at the latest tomorrow, then to get posted by tomorrow night or at the latest Monday. I gave each car 10 laps minimum in each direction, 3 cars (with building/buying) per hour. Some of the slower on forward that were "early birds" got an extra 4 laps after their reverse run to try and improve. In total I think I have spent 10 hours minimum testing, and found some were better on reverse than forward, some better on forward than reverse. And a chosen few that did well on both. Struggling with handing out DC, and never like giving myself DC either, have to figure all that out.

@CSLACR when I post my review, can I hold off on giving my tune a DC score until I have seen a few more reviews? Don't want to overrate it or underrate it, but get a feel for what others give the tune?

can I hold off on giving my tune a DC score until I have seen a few more reviews? Don't want to overrate it or underrate it
Rate it based how it did it compaired to be other cars. That's how I do it when I score my own car. Start at five, and add or remove based on five criteria. Entry, mid, exit, top speed, acceleration is normally how I do it, but with no custom trans the last two are illreleivent in this challenge. So maybe fun and consistency.

Back