Mid-Field Supercar Shootout '15 - Congratulations to the Champion DolHaus!

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 658 comments
Been a long grueling process but I have only 1 tune left (my own) on reverse to do. Hopefully tonight or at the latest tomorrow, then to get posted by tomorrow night or at the latest Monday. I gave each car 10 laps minimum in each direction, 3 cars (with building/buying) per hour. Some of the slower on forward that were "early birds" got an extra 4 laps after their reverse run to try and improve. In total I think I have spent 10 hours minimum testing, and found some were better on reverse than forward, some better on forward than reverse. And a chosen few that did well on both. Struggling with handing out DC, and never like giving myself DC either, have to figure all that out.

@CSLACR when I post my review, can I hold off on giving my tune a DC score until I have seen a few more reviews? Don't want to overrate it or underrate it, but get a feel for what others give the tune?
You'll be waiting a bit for mine. I've only got one left to do forwards...and oh. :eek: It's yours too. Just finished with @brian wolf's scalpel :lol: Not started the reverse yet, I want to see how they go there first before I do DC too. :)

I got the next 4 days off, so I'm expecting to be finished with all my testing by then, and have the OP back up to date with links for reviews and new testers added and such. :cheers:
If its not too late.....I would like to sign up to test this class of cars. Thanks.
👍

I've never tested officially but I've been shadow testing the FITT comps for the last year, learning a lot along the way about tuning, as well as improving my driving.

Ive just finished all my times on midfield forward/reverse....... if more testers are wanted/needed I could write up some feedback and post the times from my notebook.

Great tuning work everybody :cheers:
Of course 👍

Thanks, I've followed these competitions for a while and Wanted to get more involved somehow, it's proved to be more work than I thought testing such different cars and both directions on Midfield.

I'm not really sure want to be the first to post their results and feedback though haha :D

All that's left for me is Im having trouble assigning DC points, since the points actually matter it doesn't feel right to just arbitrarily assign them but also doesn't feel right to simply rank them 1-14.
:boggled:
I think I forgot to put it in the OP, DC is 1-10. Theoretically, every car starts a 5, and score is based on how much better/worse than stock the tune is, but generally they're just rated against each other. (meaning it's not uncommon for a poorly tuned-but easy to drive car to score higher than a well tuned-but difficult car)

Been a long grueling process but I have only 1 tune left (my own) on reverse to do. Hopefully tonight or at the latest tomorrow, then to get posted by tomorrow night or at the latest Monday. I gave each car 10 laps minimum in each direction, 3 cars (with building/buying) per hour. Some of the slower on forward that were "early birds" got an extra 4 laps after their reverse run to try and improve. In total I think I have spent 10 hours minimum testing, and found some were better on reverse than forward, some better on forward than reverse. And a chosen few that did well on both. Struggling with handing out DC, and never like giving myself DC either, have to figure all that out.

@CSLACR when I post my review, can I hold off on giving my tune a DC score until I have seen a few more reviews? Don't want to overrate it or underrate it, but get a feel for what others give the tune?
Yep yep. 👍

One car to go, the F40, thought I'd leave it till last so I can have beers afterwards to calm down and settle the nerves.:nervous:
Better get a shot of whiskey in you first:lol:

I just finished the final car, have to review my notes and figure DC. Leaderboard is different in both directions for me :odd: not much but a little.

On another note, just did 2 laps in an F40 for the TT, lap time Was 1:30.000, seriously:drool:. Currently 4429, I'm done with this animal, that's enough for me for 6 months after @DaBomm4 's. He gets kudos from me 👍 and @xande1959 is wicked fast in his, did a 1:27.622:bowdown:

Better get a shot of whiskey in you first:lol:

I just finished the final car, have to review my notes and figure DC. Leaderboard is different in both directions for me :odd: not much but a little.

On another note, just did 2 laps in an F40 for the TT, lap time Was 1:30.000, seriously:drool:. Currently 4429, I'm done with this animal, that's enough for me for 6 months after @DaBomm4 's. He gets kudos from me 👍 and @xande1959 is wicked fast in his, did a 1:27.622:bowdown:

I did five laps in the TT and just got under the 1.31.000 and was out of there

Well done CSLACR for picking a great selection of cars and congratulations to the tuners for the awesome setups.
All cars tested with the DS3 using the sticks, auto transmission , ABS 1.

Doblocruiser
SRT Viper GT-S '02
Forward....1.11.943
Reverse....1.13.130
DC . 7.5
First cab off the rank and the first Viper I have used in this game , first impressions the car seems quite lively even with the stock transmission , I had a bit of trouble getting a good line through corners three and four, throttle control is needed as it looses the rear quite easily, the uphill run from the tunnel to the main straight needs to be perfect otherwise you get wheel spin and loose quite a bit of time and the brakes need a lot of time to slow the big machine down . A good tune that wouldn't take much to improve it. It works a lot better on the reverse track with no oversteer problems.

DaBomm4
Ferrari F40 '92
Forward....1.12.516
Reverse....1.13.396
DC. 7
Enter at your own risk, way too loose for me ..... precise throttle control is needed to stop the rear coming around or loosing traction, unfortunately I don't have that control.
Not really any better on the reverse, you think you've made it through a turn and rear says stuff it lets go this way.

BrewGuy44
SRT Viper ACR '08
Forward....1.11.407
Reverse....1.13.098
DC. 8.2
I enjoyed this car, it has great brakes , good turn in through the corners, there is virtually no wheel spin which gives confidence in getting onto the throttle early , good front end grip, the only downside is that the front brakes feel like they lock up under extreme braking, on reverse it seemed like it could do with a bit more turn in.

Turnleft
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Forward....1.10.671
Reverse....1.12.436
DC. 8.5
Well that was fun, really good grip, controllable four wheel slides , just easy to throw around without loosing the rear end, good traction everywhere , well done.

xande1959
Aston Martin One77 '11
Forward.... 1.10.475
Reverse....1.12.899
DC. 7.75
The car drives quite good and is stable throughout the track but looses time getting through the corners, if you could get the rear to come around a bit more with throttle lift off would suit my driving preference . Works better on the reverse for me.

Motor City Hami
Nissan GT-R Nismo '11
Forward. ..1.10.767
Reverse.... 1.13.517
DC. 8.2
The car has good turn in for the faster corners, stable under braking, if you make a mistake there are no penalties , a very safe car... Just lacking the turn in of the other Nissan.

Shaunm80
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Forward....1.10.347
Reverse....1.12.169
DC. 9
Two very different cars , yours and TurnLefts , its like the gentleman's car and the hoon's car, yours gets the job done without any fuss and has a little better corner rotation an easy car to drive, well done.

Bowtie Muscle
Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
Forward...1.09.680
Reverse....1.12.109
DC. 9
Fast , with good grip throughout the whole track, the brakes did their job well, oversteer is barely there, and easily controlled if you have accelerated too early, for me all it needs is a little better turn in to get around turns one and three, otherwise good work.

787bcgr
Nissan GT-R Nismo '11
Forward....1.11.002
Reverse ....1.13.107
DC. 8.5

First thing I noticed was how good the turn in was, especially the right/ left hander before the second straight and coming up the hill onto the main straight, the brakes were good and I put in pretty consistent laps for the most part, well done.

Thorin Cain
Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV '08
Forward....1.09.986
Reverse.... 1.11.807
DC. 9
Well done , an effortless drive , it just flows with the track with ease , good brakes , great grip, corners really well, very smooth.was more controllable than a lot of the others at the end of the straight on the reverse track, well done.

Otaliema
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
Forward....1.10.643
Reverse.....1.12.571
DC. 8.8
Well done, a very safe car, easy to drive , good grip, follows the driving line well and not a mark on the paintwork after 15 laps .

DolHaus
Lamborghini Diablo GT '00
Forward....1.09.561
Reverse....1.12.126
DC. 8.8
Quick without feeling quick, good front end grip , gets through the right/ left before the second straight really well , the throttle lift off in cornering works really well, wel done.
Very different on the reverse,slowing for the end of the straight was will I make it or eat the wall, throttle control is everything for the reverse.

Ridox2JZGTE
Lamborghini Countach '88
Forward....1.11.575
Reverse....1.14.139
DC. 7.5
Pretty quick down the straight but I couldn't convert that into a good lap time, the car rides well and seems well planted with decent rear traction but for me it lacks front end grip, I couldn't get a consistent line through the first corner, same for reverse , my times were all over the place.

Brian Wolfe
Corvette ZR1(C6) '09
Forward .....1.09.758
Reverse......1.12.247
DC. 9.2
I had to stop myself from doing a lot more laps trying to get that satisfactory lap , I probably left a good 3 or 400ths out there if I could nail the entry coming into the last tunnel more consistently .
The car has good turn in for the fast and slower corners,stable under heavy braking and good traction, well done.

Well done CSLACR for picking a great selection of cars and congratulations to the tuners for the awesome setups.

Doblocruiser
SRT Viper GT-S '02
Forward....1.11.943
Reverse....1.13.130
DC . 7.5
First cab off the rank and the first Viper I have used in this game , first impressions the car seems quite lively even with the stock transmission , I had a bit of trouble getting a good line through corners three and four, throttle control is needed as it looses the rear quite easily, the uphill run from the tunnel to the main straight needs to be perfect otherwise you get wheel spin and loose quite a bit of time and the brakes need a lot of time to slow the big machine down . A good tune that wouldn't take much to improve it. It works a lot better on the reverse track with no oversteer problems.

DaBomm4
Ferrari F40 '92
Forward....1.12.516
Reverse....1.13.396
DC. 7
Enter at your own risk, way too loose for me ..... precise throttle control is needed to stop the rear coming around or loosing traction, unfortunately I don't have that control.
Not really any better on the reverse, you think you've made it through a turn and rear says stuff it lets go this way.

BrewGuy44
SRT Viper ACR '08
Forward....1.11.407
Reverse....1.13.098
DC. 8.2
I enjoyed this car, it has great brakes , good turn in through the corners, there is virtually no wheel spin which gives confidence in getting onto the throttle early , good front end grip, the only downside is that the front brakes feel like they lock up under extreme braking, on reverse it seemed like it could do with a bit more turn in.

Turnleft
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Forward....1.10.671
Reverse....1.12.436
DC. 8.5
Well that was fun, really good grip, controllable four wheel slides , just easy to throw around without loosing the rear end, good traction everywhere , well done.

xande1959
Aston Martin One77 '11
Forward.... 1.10.475
Reverse....1.12.899
DC. 7.75
The car drives quite good and is stable throughout the track but looses time getting through the corners, if you could get the rear to come around a bit more with throttle lift off would suit my driving preference . Works better on the reverse for me.

Motor City Hami
Nissan GT-R Nismo '11
Forward. ..1.10.767
Reverse.... 1.13.517
DC. 8.2
The car has good turn in for the faster corners, stable under braking, if you make a mistake there are no penalties , a very safe car... Just lacking the turn in of the other Nissan.

Shaunm80
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Forward....1.10.347
Reverse....1.12.169
DC. 9
Two very different cars , yours and TurnLefts , its like the gentleman's car and the hoon's car, yours gets the job done without any fuss and has a little better corner rotation an easy car to drive, well done.

Bowtie Muscle
Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
Forward...1.09.680
Reverse....1.12.109
DC. 9
Fast , with good grip throughout the whole track, the brakes did their job well, oversteer is barely there, and easily controlled if you have accelerated too early, for me all it needs is a little better turn in to get around turns one and three, otherwise good work.

787bcgr
Nissan GT-R Nismo '11
Forward....1.11.002
Reverse ....1.13.107
DC. 8.5

First thing I noticed was how good the turn in was, especially the right/ left hander before the second straight and coming up the hill onto the main straight, the brakes were good and I put in pretty consistent laps for the most part, well done.

Thorin Cain
Forward....1.09.986
Reverse.... 1.11.807
DC. 9
Well done , an effortless drive , it just flows with the track with ease , good brakes , great grip, corners really well, very smooth.was more controllable than a lot of the others at the end of the straight on the reverse track, well done.

Otaliema
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
Forward....1.10.643
Reverse.....1.12.571
DC. 8.8
Well done, a very safe car, easy to drive , good grip, follows the driving line well and not a mark on the paintwork after 15 laps .

DolHaus
Forward....1.09.561
Reverse....1.12.126
DC. 8.8
Quick without feeling quick, good front end grip , gets through the right/ left before the second straight really well , the throttle lift off in cornering works really well, wel done.
Very different on the reverse,slowing for the end of the straight was will I make it or eat the wall, throttle control is everything for the reverse.

Ridox2JZGTE
Lamborghini Countach '88
Forward....1.11.575
Reverse....1.14.139
DC. 7.5
Pretty quick down the straight but I couldn't convert that into a good lap time, the car rides well and seems well planted with decent rear traction but for me it lacks front end grip, I couldn't get a consistent line through the first corner, same for reverse , my times were all over the place.

Brian Wolfe
Corvette ZR1(C6) '09
Forward .....1.09.758
Reverse......1.12.247
DC. 9.2
I had to stop myself from doing a lot more laps trying to get that satisfactory lap , I probably left a good 3 or 400ths out there if I could nail the entry coming into the last tunnel more consistently .
The car has good turn in for the fast and slower corners,stable under heavy braking and good traction, well done.
Thanks for the review and the fast times, I agree that brian's had better turn in then mine. Still, you got mine pretty quick:D.

Thorin Cain
Forward....1.09.986
Reverse.... 1.11.807
DC. 9
Thanks for the super review. I'm glad you found the car to your liking 👍 And managed to put in a great lap time with it too :bowdown:

Great job with your testing on all the cars. :D:tup: Good to see one of the Italians out front, I was beginning to think this was going to be a runaway win for a Yank Tank :sly:

Thanks for the super review. I'm glad you found the car to your liking 👍 And managed to put in a great lap time with it too :bowdown:

Great job with your testing on all the cars. :D:tup: Good to see one of the Italians out front, I was beginning to think this was going to be a runaway win for a Yank Tank :sly:
Yank Tank you say?:odd:
Then just wait til I review your tune:mischievous:
:lol::lol:

Not all your cars turn well Ya know some of them are more sluggish then a wet paper bag.
But the C6 and C7 both turn quite well. Better then the vipers other than the ACR.
Totally agree, but thankfully they're also mostly too slow to be considered for this event :lol: I actually really like the newer Vettes, the C7 in particular. It pushes all the right buttons for me :)

Doblocruiser
SRT Viper GT-S '02
Forward....1.11.943
Reverse....1.13.130
DC . 7.5

DaBomm4
Ferrari F40 '92
Forward....1.12.516
Reverse....1.13.396
DC. 7

BrewGuy44
SRT Viper ACR '08
Forward....1.11.407
Reverse....1.13.098
DC. 8.2

Turnleft
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Forward....1.10.671
Reverse....1.12.436
DC. 8.5

xande1959
Aston Martin One77 '11
Forward.... 1.10.475
Reverse....1.12.899
DC. 7.75

Motor City Hami
Nissan GT-R Nismo '11
Forward. ..1.10.767
Reverse.... 1.13.517
DC. 8.2

Shaunm80
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Forward....1.10.347
Reverse....1.12.169
DC. 9

Bowtie Muscle
Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
Forward...1.09.680
Reverse....1.12.109
DC. 9

787bcgr
Nissan GT-R Nismo '11
Forward....1.11.002
Reverse ....1.13.107
DC. 8.5

Thorin Cain
Forward....1.09.986
Reverse.... 1.11.807
DC. 9

Otaliema
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
Forward....1.10.643
Reverse.....1.12.571
DC. 8.8

DolHaus
Forward....1.09.561
Reverse....1.12.126
DC. 8.8

Ridox2JZGTE
Lamborghini Countach '88
Forward....1.11.575
Reverse....1.14.139
DC. 7.5

Brian Wolfe
Corvette ZR1(C6) '09
Forward .....1.09.758
Reverse......1.12.247
DC. 9.2

Thanks for the review, the car need precise timing when braking from high speed as well as careful planning to take the line. I should have made the car easier to drive than the JGTC replica it was based on :)

DolHaus
Forward....1.09.561
Reverse....1.12.126
DC. 8.8
Thank you very much for testing and for the review :cheers:
I'm glad you enjoyed the car and was able to get some decent times out of it

It was a quick car down the straight, you did a good job on it , I had trouble with most cars getting slowed down enough at the end of the straight and doing a decent time on the reverse.
Yeah same, that bump before the first corner (Reverse) seemed to hit some cars a lot harder than others, I tried a few things to solve this issue but none gave good results without severely hampering the car elsewhere on the circuit. With time you can work out your braking points or just get better at being lucky when it all gets slippery and upset but its definitely hard to do it under testing conditions with different cars so well done for getting what you did out of the car 👍

Doblocruiser
SRT Viper GT-S '02
Forward....1.11.943
Reverse....1.13.130
DC . 7.5

DaBomm4
Ferrari F40 '92
Forward....1.12.516
Reverse....1.13.396
DC. 7

BrewGuy44
SRT Viper ACR '08
Forward....1.11.407
Reverse....1.13.098
DC. 8.2

Turnleft
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Forward....1.10.671
Reverse....1.12.436
DC. 8.5

xande1959
Aston Martin One77 '11
Forward.... 1.10.475
Reverse....1.12.899
DC. 7.75

Motor City Hami
Nissan GT-R Nismo '11
Forward. ..1.10.767
Reverse.... 1.13.517
DC. 8.2

Shaunm80
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Forward....1.10.347
Reverse....1.12.169
DC. 9

Bowtie Muscle
Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
Forward...1.09.680
Reverse....1.12.109
DC. 9

787bcgr
Nissan GT-R Nismo '11
Forward....1.11.002
Reverse ....1.13.107
DC. 8.5

Thorin Cain
Forward....1.09.986
Reverse.... 1.11.807
DC. 9

Otaliema
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
Forward....1.10.643
Reverse.....1.12.571
DC. 8.8

DolHaus
Forward....1.09.561
Reverse....1.12.126
DC. 8.8

Ridox2JZGTE
Lamborghini Countach '88
Forward....1.11.575
Reverse....1.14.139
DC. 7.5

Brian Wolfe
Corvette ZR1(C6) '09
Forward .....1.09.758
Reverse......1.12.247
DC. 9.2
Thank you very much for the review 👍, you pulled in some great times :bowdown: and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I had to look up a word you used in the wiki dictionary,
Two very different cars , yours and TurnLefts , its like the gentleman's car and the hoon's car,
, so I gather I'm the hoon :lol:, nice :cool:, that suits me well :sly:.

It was a quick car down the straight, you did a good job on it , I had trouble with most cars getting slowed down enough at the end of the straight and doing a decent time on the reverse.
The trick was slowing down early before the crest without slowing down too much if that makes sense? Keeping the rear in check on the curve and still having the nose pointed in the right place to carry speed down the hill, not easy and not all cars were able to do it well. Some really were good here and gave them better times in reverse than forward. (In my opinion and with my testing anyway)

Yeah same, that bump before the first corner (Reverse) seemed to hit some cars a lot harder than others, I tried a few things to solve this issue but none gave good results without severely hampering the car elsewhere on the circuit. With time you can work out your braking points or just get better at being lucky when it all gets slippery and upset but its definitely hard to do it under testing conditions with different cars so well done for getting what you did out of the car 👍
I found the end of the front straight through turn three critical for a fast lap on reverse, along with the final third of the track. Basically the "horse shoe left after the tunnel, back straight to the S curves(tricky section for some) all the way to the final turn. So, the first-third turn, and back section is where the difference was in lap time. One tune really nailed both (on 2 laps actually) and stands out in time.
Forward was totally different, getting out smooth and fast from the final turn through turn 1 to set up the next straightaway was critical in forward. the sharp right into the tunnel, taking the bump without upsetting the car was the other section followed by just getting through the final without losing the rear. HAD TO nail the final turn twice to really get a fast lap. Again, one tune nailed it and had a big gap in lap time over the rest.
Forward, one tune was up by .5 over 2nd and almost .6 over third. On reverse, the same thing happened, almost .6 over 2nd and close to .7 over third. Funny thing is, they were different tunes and the 2nd fastest was the same for both. One was on fact a Yank Tank, the other was a Crazy Bull. :sly:
I have now given away too much information but, I am hoping to have results posted some time later this afternoon or evening (EST). Still trying to decide on DC, and fighting over a score for my own tune.
So far it has been 9 - 9.2 - 9 and 9. I will not give myself a 10 as I liked 3 others VERY VERY MUCH, but if I stick with a 9 am I making my tune look better than it is? :confused: Either way, my DC will not be the highest for my tune. Likely will continue to wait for a few more to decide on my own.

I have now given away too much information but, I am hoping to have results posted some time later this afternoon or evening (EST). Still trying to decide on DC, and fighting over a score for my own tune.
So far it has been 9 - 9.2 - 9 and 9. I will not give myself a 10 as I liked 3 others VERY VERY MUCH, but if I stick with a 9 am I making my tune look better than it is? :confused: Either way, my DC will not be the highest for my tune. Likely will continue to wait for a few more to decide on my own.

We all know you would fairly rate your tune... you've been around just long enough to shed your newbie badge!:mischievous: And if there are other tunes you enjoyed more than yours (and your scores reflect that) then you shouldn't fear in anyone thinking that you are "bias". If there aren't any cars that YOU believe are better than yours, then I'd believe you.

Shaunm80
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Forward....1.10.347
Reverse....1.12.169
DC. 9

Thank you for testing out "The gentlemen's car". Well done on getting great times out of it. Especially on reverse circuit. I struggled myself to get a good lap time so its good to know it was my driving that was at fault and not the car itself. :)

The trick was slowing down early before the crest without slowing down too much if that makes sense? Keeping the rear in check on the curve and still having the nose pointed in the right place to carry speed down the hill, not easy and not all cars were able to do it well. Some really were good here and gave them better times in reverse than forward. (In my opinion and with my testing anyway)

I found the end of the front straight through turn three critical for a fast lap on reverse, along with the final third of the track. Basically the "horse shoe left after the tunnel, back straight to the S curves(tricky section for some) all the way to the final turn. So, the first-third turn, and back section is where the difference was in lap time. One tune really nailed both (on 2 laps actually) and stands out in time.
Forward was totally different, getting out smooth and fast from the final turn through turn 1 to set up the next straightaway was critical in forward. the sharp right into the tunnel, taking the bump without upsetting the car was the other section followed by just getting through the final without losing the rear. HAD TO nail the final turn twice to really get a fast lap. Again, one tune nailed it and had a big gap in lap time over the rest.
Forward, one tune was up by .5 over 2nd and almost .6 over third. On reverse, the same thing happened, almost .6 over 2nd and close to .7 over third. Funny thing is, they were different tunes and the 2nd fastest was the same for both. One was on fact a Yank Tank, the other was a Crazy Bull. :sly:
Your a honest tuner and tester. Go with what you feel and no one will call shenanigans on you :) I look forward to seeing your reviews. Hopefully they come very soon.. very very soon..

Apologies for double post.. I didnt see Bowties reply until I read through macdogs review.

Still trying to decide on DC, and fighting over a score for my own tune.
In answer to the question, nope not at all ;)

Brian Wolf
Corvette ZR1(C6) '09
Forward .....1.09.758
Reverse......1.12.247
DC. 9.2
Thanks for testing, and the reviews! The entry to the last hairpin can be a bit, er troublesome in my tune. Its either brake in as straight a line as possible and coast the entry. Or its late break and give it the full scandinavian flick and enter it very sideways! :D

@Bowtie-muscle Just score it will you! ;) If you were going to cheat in these contests you would have done it before now! 👍

Back