Mid May and not even a hint of an update?

Australia
Where i'm at
xmalcolmpowderx
Are PD actively trying to send GT7 to an early grave? I mean come on, they did the April "goodwill" updates after the uproar regarding the games economy and macrotransactions. Not that they really bought much in terms of re-playable content.

How hard is it for them to add more single player races to the "most complete GT game to date"? This games as a service BS is not enjoyable at all. Being drip fed cut content with zero communication from the devs. Where is the classic GT Mode? not this cafe garbage that throws cars at you like forza horizon.

Nothing has changed with PD. I got burned by 5, waited till long after sports release date to purchase it, then ate up all the marketing crap that we were sold on 7 and got burned again.

Why would there be any hints? There never were any hints before, just cars teaser few days before the update, which will most likely be posted around last week of May.

Actually, unlike before, Kaz even posted somewhat of a plan for closest future updates and what to expect.

Why would there be any hints? There never were any hints before, just cars teaser few days before the update, which will most likely be posted around last week of May.

Actually, unlike before, Kaz even posted somewhat of a plan for closest future updates and what to expect.
PD never out and out made a live service game before (GTS is debatable) but they have chosen to do so with GT7.

With a live service game comes the expectation of a steady flow of new content and significantly more communication from the devs about upcoming content than the crumbs we've gotten from Kaz so far.

Last edited:
Patience is a virtue my friend. They're working really hard to bring new music rally. They figured it's what we really crave.

(why do you think it deserves its own button instead of being on the "map"? It's the future of GT)

Last edited:
During Sport’s main content-bearing life span there weren’t really any teasers throughout the month unless there was a live esports event or that one month that brought St. Croix and suit liveries. All we got otherwise were the silhouette teasers 1-10 days before the update dropped.

I’m not really expecting much to change with GT7’s support cycle, I just hope it come with dramatically more events/campaign type items.

Updates are like TOG; they are never early and never late......
they arrive exactly when they are meant to....

Rear Admiral Jingles.:odd:
Haha. I wonder how many other WOT players are on here?

The online lobby system absolutely cannot remain in the state it is. A large portion of players hate the aggressive and dirty driving sport mode creates (mainly it's stupidly short races and never using heavy damage promotes, even rewards, dirty driving). Private league racing is where it's at, with proper stewarding and select membership. And currently this is GTS not GT7.

GT1
GT2
GT3
GT4

All games that had NO updates after the initial release (unless you count the re-release for GT2 due to the percentage issue). And they were all games that gave me hours and hours of fun.

I'm not one that looks for updates every other month or so. Just give me a fun game and I'll play it. What happened to that? What happened to just playing a game and having fun? Completing GT7 (Cafe menu, Circuit Experiences, Missions, all other races/championships) takes/took a hell of a lot longer to complete than either of the previously mentioned games. So what is it? Is it impatience? Is the whole "they have a huge dev team so why can't they churn out new cars and new races every month or so?"

I'm just happy they keep making the games.

Learn some patience, guys. They'll release more content in due time. They're not actively trying to send their latest version to an early grave. Sony and Polyphony are both multi-million (billion?) dollar companies. Companies like that aren't really known for doing dumb things to piss off their main customer base.

Are PD actively trying to send GT7 to an early grave? I mean come on, they did the April "goodwill" updates after the uproar regarding the games economy and macrotransactions. Not that they really bought much in terms of re-playable content.

How hard is it for them to add more single player races to the "most complete GT game to date"? This games as a service BS is not enjoyable at all. Being drip fed cut content with zero communication from the devs. Where is the classic GT Mode? not this cafe garbage that throws cars at you like forza horizon.

Nothing has changed with PD. I got burned by 5, waited till long after sports release date to purchase it, then ate up all the marketing crap that we were sold on 7 and got burned again.
And that's like your opinion man.. watch the threads, people are playing the game every day, and some are even having fun, it's a crazy world.

GT1
GT2
GT3
GT4

All games that had NO updates after the initial release (unless you count the re-release for GT2 due to the percentage issue). And they were all games that gave me hours and hours of fun.

I'm not one that looks for updates every other month or so. Just give me a fun game and I'll play it. What happened to that? What happened to just playing a game and having fun? Completing GT7 (Cafe menu, Circuit Experiences, Missions, all other races/championships) takes/took a hell of a lot longer to complete than either of the previously mentioned games.

Dude what? Have you genuinely just sat there and said it takes longer to beat GT7 than GT4?

Unless you exchanged your hands for lobster claws since GT4 came out and got considerably worse at racing games, I see literally no way that's possible. I'm pretty sure the 24h events in GT4 are longer than it takes to beat most of GT7.

From now on I'll just start ignoring accounts defending PD (edit: and also those giving poo reactions thank you for showing up, you're doing me a favor)

Trying to justify PD's behavior is beyond me.
I'm sorry but your view on the release of a full game is completely distorted.

Last edited:
Dude what? Have you genuinely just sat there and said it takes longer to beat GT7 than GT4?

Unless you exchanged your hands for lobster claws since GT4 came out and got considerably worse at racing games, I see literally no way that's possible. I'm pretty sure the 24h events in GT4 are longer than it takes to beat most of GT7.
... sad lobster claw noise...

How some of you are defending this behaviour from PD is beyond me.

I paid $100aud for what I was told is “the most complete GT to date”.

And a “return to the roots” of Gran Turismo.

What I got was GT Sport Spec II and nothing more. Don’t get me wrong, the driving with a wheel feels awesome! I love it, and there’s nothing better than spending 10 mil on a car and having zero single player races to use it in.

Forza Motorsport 7, while not having a better physics model, is a much better game. I am confident Motorsport 8 will further eclipse this joke of a numbered Gran Turismo.

Man,
And that's like your opinion man.. watch the threads, people are playing the game every day, and some are even having fun, it's a crazy world.
if your idea of fun is doing the same 3 races over and over and over again with a limited selection of cars, then that’s not a bad thing. At all in fact. If that’s yours and others idea of what constitutes a fully fledged GT then full power to you.

Just please take the time to try and understand the grievances that others have with what is undoubtedly an extremely lean GT in terms of single player content. There’s no denying that once the cafe is done there is not a great deal to do for the average gamer.

Take the end of the cafe menus for example. When all the talking heads explain how ”far you’ve come” and how they feel like it’s “been so long since we last spoke”. Are they talking about how we “last spoke” on Saturday last week because 90% of players finished the campaign within a fortnight? Or are they talking about how you needn’t bother about getting the IA or S licenses because there are no races that require them?

GT1
GT2
GT3
GT4

I'm not one that looks for updates every other month or so. Just give me a fun game and I'll play it. What happened to that? What happened to just playing a game and having fun? Completing GT7 (Cafe menu, Circuit Experiences, Missions, all other races/championships) takes/took a hell of a lot longer to complete than either of the previously mentioned games. So what is it? Is it impatience? Is the whole "they have a huge dev team so why can't they churn out new cars and new races every month or so?"

I'm just happy they keep making the games.

Learn some patience, guys. They'll release more content in due time. They're not actively trying to send their latest version to an early grave. Sony and Polyphony are both multi-million (billion?) dollar companies. Companies like that aren't really known for doing dumb things to piss off their main customer base.
GT1,and GT2 were ps1,so i cant see how any updates as such would have been possibe,same for GT3 which was ps2,so not sure how an update would have been possible either,though i stand corrected if wrong.
As for the final sentence in your post,do you not remember the recent backlash regarding the updates?
This was a full price game,unfinished etc missing content,how can you be happy about that?Simply saying we will get future updates does not make it right,i love the game,ive finished the menus and most of the races that interest me but am disappointed with what was released.Best GT ever?No.Doesnt deserve the 25th title at the moment.Take a look at Digital Foundrys 2 videos title The Gran Turismo Saga,you will see what content they had,events etc and how this pales in comparison.Just my opinion,not arguing with anybody.👍

I am an avid gamer. Embarrassed by how many hours a week I spend playing video games sometimes. And I still have the S licenses to complete, most of the Circuit Experiences, and most of the Missions, as well.

I paced myself because I felt no rush to beat the game in record time. Also, I've done about thirty sport mode races which takes up a lot of time.

The game definitely needs content updates but if you beat the game in 48 hours and you're now bored, maybe consider a game from the PS+ collection to kill time until the next update.

I think it's clear Sony wanted a game that seems finished to be released in early March. It wasn't actually finished, though. Content and lobby fixes better be on the way soon.

Man,

if your idea of fun is doing the same 3 races over and over and over again with a limited selection of cars, then that’s not a bad thing. At all in fact. If that’s yours and others idea of what constitutes a fully fledged GT then full power to you.

Just please take the time to try and understand the grievances that others have with what is undoubtedly an extremely lean GT in terms of single player content. There’s no denying that once the cafe is done there is not a great deal to do for the average gamer.

Take the end of the cafe menus for example. When all the talking heads explain how ”far you’ve come” and how they feel like it’s “been so long since we last spoke”. Are they talking about how we “last spoke” on Saturday last week because 90% of players finished the campaign within a fortnight? Or are they talking about how you needn’t bother about getting the IA or S licenses because there are no races that require them?

If you are only able to find 3 races to do with the same car i can promise you there isn't any game that will satisfy you. Every track in this game is different depending on the car you drive. The same goes for every event/race. I have plenty of cars i want to try on SPA 24h and the Le Mans 30 minute. Same goes for most of the pp800 and pp730 races. And i haven't even started on the lower PP stuff.

Yes, if you need to be handheld through the content, the game is weak. If you want to drive hundred of cars on vast selection of tracks there is enough to do. The game is far from perfect, the lack of events/races/championships is to put it mildly, disappointing, the roulette can only be described in censored words. But if you like cars and racing, there is more than enough to do, even as we wait for content that should been here at launch.

Last edited:
Back