• Thread starter Turbo Lag
  • 62 comments

Turbo Lag

Premium
Australia
Melbourne
Thanks for the banner, Robin.

Getting Started

Before you start anything, please add me on PSN. My PSN is "GTP_turbolag". If you do not add me, you might not be invited to the game. It's also advisable to add some others who are coming too.

Where is the meetup point?

Light blue dot, near the Santa Monica area.

What will we do?

First of all we will cruise, after a bit of me leading, I'll tell everyone over the microphone when it's their turn to lead. Soon after, we will move off to the drag racing point. Then, we'll have a few races and play a few games of CTF/Stockpile.

The most important thing - When?

8AM GMT, Saturday. Please check your times.

The way of communication/Common Rules/Common Sense

Here are the set of rules and other things which you'll need to abide by when you're cruising with everyone.

- No Ramming on purpose.
- No aggressive driving while cruising (Which means, you can drive however you like in the races)
- No throttle trick on races (Those of you who I have told about or know about the throttle trick, you'll know what I mean.)

If a member of the group suddenly disappears, please stop on the side of the road (don't brake check..) until I invite them back. It would also be helpful if you could invite them back too.

Don't bring unfair cars in races. Please change to a car comparable which I (GTP_Turbolag) will be in. If I'm in an RS4, please don't bring a 240SX unless that's your only car. Bring comparable cars to keep things close. It's ok to bring an exotic if you have one, but cruising won't really be fun with it. Class C-B-A cars are probably going to be the most popular.

On any road, if I speed up instantly don't speed up yourself. I'm simply trying to point out an upcoming route for everyone to take. I might allocate someone else if they're up for it to help me with this.

We will also take turns to lead during the cruise. The time limit will be 5minutes per player. Please have a clock nearby or something to time with when it's your turn. I will send a PSN Message saying "turn" to you, that is the key to lead. Don't reply to this message. Now that I have a microphone, I can now point out who's turn it is. Turn your speakers up! Remember, after your 5 minutes is up, please park and let the next person take over.

Some keys to leading -

- Don't go too fast
- If someone falls behind, wait up for them, don't stop but slow your speed
- Don't take unknown and hard to find shortcuts and paths unless everyone can clearly tell you're going there
- Have a small gap between you (the leader) and everyone else. This makes it easy for people following

After everyone has had a go, I will take over again and we'll start with the races.

About photos, sometimes I might park in a spot or try and line everyone up. This is your key to line up, you will then line up in a orderly fashion. Let me be on the very end, since it'll be easier to capture everyone in the photo.

Everyone is expected to use common sense during the cruise, and gentlemanly behaviour is expected.

I get Disconnected or my game freezes, how do I get back?

If you by any chance disconnect, don't bother sending a PSN since I always keep an eye if someone disappears. It's very hard to message while cruising, and I will send you another invite as soon as I get the next chance to stop. If you keep regularly disconnecting, after trying a couple of times, it sometimes may be not worth bothering to come back. I will keep sending invites when I get the chance, but I'm sorry if you keep disconnecting, there's nothing anyone can do about it. This time, we will not move rooms if someone wants to get in but can't. In the end, it ends up disconnecting more people. I will make the room, and you will stay in it. If your game freezes, I will again send an invite when the chance arises so please be patient until I send you one.

How will the drag racing work?

That map is the lower part of Downtown, it's Grand Avenue, and it has a 65mph speed limit and starts right under the freeway.

You line up where the red line is, side by side. Just imagine this photo being 2 cars lined up next to each other (the other car to the left in the photo) . Obviously you line up at the white crossing line with the bumper just touching it.

You will then go when I say "3, 2, 1, GO!" on the microphone so have your volume up. The rules are simple, only handbrake/burnout starts are allowed, no nitrous allowed, and no clutch trick or anything else which escapes the rule. You'll stay in your lanes, and try to stick into your lane as much as possible.

The finish line is the pedestrian crossing (white line) as you pass Olympia. You keep the throttle on even after finishing, so don't brake as you pass the finish line. The cars here are just on the finishing line.

Player 1 will finish on the left lane, and P2 will be on the right.

At the end, the lanes will kind of split. Inbetween these lanes, an extra lane is added, this is where the race official/ump will be waiting. This is why you'll keep accelerating past the finish line. He will decide who wins if it's a tight race. Ofcourse, only those of us with microphones can be it. So we'll all take turns doing it.

After the race, head back to the starting line on the correct side of the road, in lanes. After you return back to the starting line, the next pair will be up.

Obviously everyone will be expected to change into comparable cars for the drag racing. This can be done on the day itself.

What cars will I need?

You will need a Chevrolet Camaro 1969', preferably fully tuned. Another car (Probably a class A) will be posted here soon (Tomorrow hopefully).

The Attendance List

Turbo Lag
Stavingo
legendary724
Sunny502
GilesGuthrie
Fujiwara-kun
JonesyGT246

Time for a new thread and meetup everyone! Post all your suggestions and comments here. I think we'll keep the same time since most people agree to it.

Last edited:
Also just to add, I'm going to try and organise a race with certain cars. I want everyone to have a 69' Camaro (Fully tuned is better obviously). I will tell you the next car later.

We should certainly pre-arrange cars so that we don't have to keep resorting to the lowest-common-denominator 69 Camaro. God I hate that car.

I loved the drag racing (pretty much a perfect length of track), but the timing of that part was about right, I would say.

Some suggestions based on last week:

- If a player is required to change car before a race, the organiser needs to wait for them to complete the change before sending the race invite. Otherwise the car-changing player will not get the invite.

- If one player has formed up in the drag queue in a certain kind of car, the player lining up next to them needs to change to something in the same performance class. No use lining up next to a Class A car in a Class C and then bitching about losing. The one at the line first should be the one setting the car type for that drag. If you don't have anything appropriate, park off to the side and let someone else in.

- Can we please do at least one lineup shot in full sunlight?

- I might be on my own on this, but I love messing about jumping around through the pylons in the river section.

We can use the same car in the meeting 5
Like all RS4 / Murcielago ...That's is spectacular i think :D

That would require me to play the game:dunce:. I think we have all got or can get the RX-7, I have it now, no-one else can surely be behind me in career:yuck:.

8am might be possible, but I wont know (I play rugby 8am-12pm)

Might not be a match this Saturday but most likely I wont show up (wake up 2pm weekends! :lol:)

Legend I only got the game last sunday so yea RX7 stock!!

Nobody likes the DUB edition of anything. And we can't race with slower cars just because you guys haven't finished the game, I got the deal in a week, and I don't see why anyone else couldn't finish the game, especially legendary, you've had the game longer than me.

I have already told you:mad:. I dont spend some lifeless amount of hours playing Midnight club. I spend alot of time playing other stuff like GTA and COD, you see I buy other games, all you play is MC or GT5. When you pay 100 bucks a game you want to at least play them instead of favouriting one.

Yes, but then you hold back others who are all 90% or more through the game, and we have to spend the whole time in that wretched Camaro. It really doesn't take that long to play through the game, and if you play it more, you might crash less. I'm at 96% complete, and I have a job, a pregnant wife and two children...

I have already told you:mad:. I dont spend some lifeless amount of hours playing Midnight club. I spend alot of time playing other stuff like GTA and COD, you see I buy other games, all you play is MC or GT5. When you pay 100 bucks a game you want to at least play them instead of favouriting one.

Yeah, so you paid $100 for MC, and you only play COD and GTA? Isn't your statement just a tad contradictive now?

Oh and btw, I play a lot more games other than what's on PS3. I mean a lot.

Yes and something else which I've yet to disclose ;).

This time we're only having one race in the Camaros. The next car will probably be an Audi RS4, which will be something for you guys to work upto.

Last edited:
yeah, that'll be cool, a free class race you mean? Like Saleens racing Corvette( I don't think we own them) But you know what I mean

It's not a very long game really to get into a position of owning exotics and so on. I just sat down and missioned through it from start to finish in 2 days to the deal when the weather was bad and finish the last 5 or so % through the next fortnight. Think how much you've played cumulatively in GTP meetups alone and if you spent that time on career you could be long done by now and a couple hours of week is hardly much.

BTW, I have unlocked the RS4, but I need money. Also, I cant play ps3 on weekdays much at all, about 1 hour a day, that goes towards other things. Yesterday I had tonnes of HW to finish so I couldnt get on then, the only time I feel like playing midnight club would be the weekend. I dont care what you guys race, did I ever say that you should stay them same class as me? No that was turbos idea. I will hit 80-90% eventually in my own time:tup:.

BTW, I have unlocked the RS4, but I need money. Also, I cant play ps3 on weekdays much at all, about 1 hour a day, that goes towards other things. Yesterday I had tonnes of HW to finish so I couldnt get on then, the only time I feel like playing midnight club would be the weekend. I dont care what you guys race, did I ever say that you should stay them same class as me? No that was turbos idea. I will hit 80-90% eventually in my own time:tup:.

I got 65k doing easiest deliverys. Earned about 6-7k with car unscratched. Medium get s abit more money.

Look, what I'm saying is, don't complain and whine and keep telling us that we have to use starter cars because you haven't unlocked 'x' car. Too bad if you haven't unlocked it, just wait out that race.

starter cars

ugghhh the downside of people not playing MCLA that much

OT: If anyone sees me playing MCLA (Outside of Meetups) and sends me an invite, be pretty sure that I won't be coming, I'll be doing career mode.

Look, what I'm saying is, don't complain and whine and keep telling us that we have to use starter cars because you haven't unlocked 'x' car.
I have NEVER said that, that would be someone else:irked:. Just stop pointing everything at me and leave me alone for crying out loud:grumpy:.

EDIT: Also stavingo, same thing goes for me, mostly career mode if I play it.

OK, I think we've probably done this discussion now.

Leon, design whatever races for the cruises you fancy. People can enter or not, and be competitive or not, depending upon their own garage.

Latest Posts

Back