Midnight store openings for GT5 release date?

Messages
1
Does any one remember if past GranTurismo games had midnight openings on their release dates. Sometimes electronic stores have opened at midnight for major game releases(halo 3 , call of duty MW2). Do you think this would happen for GT5?
Would anyone line up to to get a copy at 12 am?
 
Here in Australia,the only one i`m aware of that has opened on midnight was Harvey Norman,they did it for GT3. I went down at 6:30-7:00 am from memory expecting it to be busy and the place was a ghost town,i was the only one there and out numbered 5 to 1 by salesman and checkout girl,it felt very odd.

Im sure now for GT5 given the frustation and hype generated by the delays, a few more stores will be open at midnight on release day this time around and yes i`ll be there this time!
 
I preordered my copy of gt5 and tdu2 today so no.
 
Does any one remember if past GranTurismo games had midnight openings on their release dates. Sometimes electronic stores have opened at midnight for major game releases(halo 3 , call of duty MW2). Do you think this would happen for GT5?
Would anyone line up to to get a copy at 12 am?

It's irrelevant of the other GT games had midnight openings. It's up to the individual stores to determine if a game will be big enough to warrant it.

Even if they don't, just do what I did with GTA4 and go to a local 24hr Asda/Walmart and get it at midnight.

Regarding "Would anyone line up to to get a copy at 12 am?", I'm going to hazzard a guess that some people might, yes.
 
Here in New Zealand, EB games usually does midnight openings for big games (MW2 etc) and they did one back when GT4 was released aswell so id say its very likely they will do the same for GT5, and thats how i plan on getting my copy, pre-order so im guaranteed a copy and then go at 12am to pick it up.
 
It'll be cool and I definitely will line up for a midnight release. Nothing beats getting it first and playing through the wee hours

p/s Default Printer = EPIC name?
 
I'll be preordering no matter what, but depending on the release date and what I'm doing the day it's out, I may or may not attend a midnight opening, which I'm sure stores around here will have.
 
Still remember picking up my copy of GT4 from midnight launch. 👍

Hope my local store will do the same got GT5.
 
I'd probably be there. Depends on the day though. If it's sometime I can take the next day off, then certainly. If I've gotta be up at 5:30 AM to go to work, then I won't be at a midnight launch.
 
It's irrelevant of the other GT games had midnight openings. It's up to the individual stores to determine if a game will be big enough to warrant it.

Even if they don't, just do what I did with GTA4 and go to a local 24hr Asda/Walmart and get it at midnight.

Regarding "Would anyone line up to to get a copy at 12 am?", I'm going to hazzard a guess that some people might, yes.

Actually it's up to the Company, then which the individual store of that franchise, can choose whether or not to participate:tup:

Companies like GameStop will most likely give the okay to Midnight release of GT5, and if my local GameStop dare not open up for midnight release, well then I might just have to sneek in myself and leave the money on the counter :crazy:
 
Hmm... Not too sure if I would or not actually. Might pre-order instead. That way I don't have to worry about being crushed in a stampede of excited teenagers and ignorant people that care about nothing more than getting their copy of the game and will punch and trample over everyone and everything in their path to get a copy. I'd rather calmly walk in and collect my pre-ordered copy. :lol:
 
Since I live in Indianapolis, I have so many choices that I don't know where the heck I would go to get the game at 12 am. I know where all locations are.... so I would say go to Wal-Mart (can't go to the one near the track, it closes at 12 am..) so I would roll out to Avon to the 24 hr one, do some shopping (let's see, 2 12pks of Coca-Cola caffeine free and enough food to hold me over for a day off) and get the game. :D --- Randy
 
Last edited:
Well I have two gamestops here, and both of them have to have a combined quota of reserves in order for them to have a midnight release at one of the stores. Although, we have a new shop called BragGame Rights (which is a gamestop wannabe, but does a better job) that will have a midnight release if 10 or more people even ASK about a midnight release (no reserve required) for any game release. Even if nobody shows up for it, they will be there. Although, they hold multiplayer tournaments all the time and most go way past midnight. 👍👍
 
The gamestop I preordered my GT5 copy is at a mall, so I doubt it'll be a midnight release :/
 
Interestingly, in Hong Kong, PS3 games are released before the official dates, which means we don't need to queue at 12:00am. We buy them just at the time the games arrive (in the afternoon)!
 
Interestingly, in Hong Kong, PS3 games are released before the official dates, which means we don't need to queue at 12:00am. We buy them just at the time the games arrive (in the afternoon)!

That is niiice, wish we had that here because oviously the game shop gets them in a while before they start selling them..
 
I remember the GT3 Midnight Harvey Norman release. Got there just after 12 and the place was pretty quiet considering how hyped I was. :dopey:

If I got the cash and time then I'll certainly be going for a midnight release because I'll be going for the GT5 bundle too!
 
I pre ordered my copy of GT3 from my local Game store and they let me have it a day early.

It was the same day that I picked up my first brand new car and I was more happy about GT3 than my new car. All my friends wanted to see the car so I just threw them the keys and carried on playing ;)
 
Even if they don't, just do what I did with GTA4 and go to a local 24hr Asda/Walmart and get it at midnight.

Regarding "Would anyone line up to to get a copy at 12 am?", I'm going to hazzard a guess that some people might, yes.
I didn't do that with GTA4 (pre-ordered online and got it much earlier anyway), but me and my cousin did line up at a local 24hr ASDA at midnight to get San Andreas, then proceeded to play it non-stop for the next 18 hours!

With GT5, it depends if there will be a Special Edition and whether or not ASDA will allow you to pre-order that version. If so, I'll be there at midnight for sure - just adds that little bit of extra excitement. Besides, there is all that food and drink to be enjoyed too! :lol:
 
Oh man, I need to hit the GYM more often when playing GT5. :lol: Soda, chips, beer, and noodles? Can do a lot of fat on your system. :lol: All GT addicts know what i mean. :lol:

On topic. I will go to a midnight lunch for GT5 if ever Gamestop make one near my local store.
 
I think it's time to pre order my GT5 so I can come and just pick it up .
 
Do stores really still run-out of eagerly awaited games? I've bought a good deal of my more recent games on release day without needing to pre-order them. :odd:
 
Do stores really still run-out of eagerly awaited games? I've bought a good deal of my more recent games on release day without needing to pre-order them. :odd:

Well I work for Game, and we had absolutely loads of copies of Red Dead Redemption, and sold out within a day or two. Any time more stock of it comes in it's gone just as fast, so selling out does still happen.
 
My pre order is made since the beginning of 2009 :lol:! Here in Portugal they remain open after midnight eveytime a BIG game will be realeased! I think mainly depends on how well this tipe of game sell in your country!
 
Well I work for Game, and we had absolutely loads of copies of Red Dead Redemption, and sold out within a day or two. Any time more stock of it comes in it's gone just as fast, so selling out does still happen.

I've stopped buying games from game shops. Apart from the fact that it generally means a lunch hour trip into the centre of town or edge of town shopping centre/mall, supermarkets always have boxes and boxes of them in stock and are usually much cheaper too. Although i've not got around to buying it yet, both of the supermarkets closest to where i live have had copies of RDR on the shelves whenever i've been in since it was released.
 
Do stores really still run-out of eagerly awaited games? I've bought a good deal of my more recent games on release day without needing to pre-order them. :odd:
These days, rarely, and even then it's not like further stock is far behind. Pre-ordering these days is more about self-gratification than actually securing a copy, which can be freely bought anywhere for years after.

I'll only pre-order if there is a Special/Limited Edition of GT5, this coming from somebody who hardly ever buys the S/LE of anything. Heck, I might even splash out and buy two copies and keep one unused! :lol: J/K
 
Although I'm sure there won't be a shortage in stores I ordered my copy ages ago from Game when I had a discount code. Hopefully I'll get it the day before release as has been the case with other games but if there's a special edition I want or the supermarkets are selling it cheap I'll cancel the order and go with that but there's no way I'm going shopping at midnight.

On a related note I doubt I'll ever shop at a Game store again after I got charged £45 for Uncharted 2 vanilla edition in store when the online price was £40 for the special edition. Unfortunately someone had bought me a Game voucher which you can't use online and the store staff said that's just the way it goes!
 
24hr supermarkets have made this irrelevant. the only game i have gone for at moment of release was GTA4 - everything else i have pre-ordered and got it at least day early.. so i guess im doing that
 
I for one will not be doing a midnight run to my local EB or GAME. I will go to Kmart at 9am after being fully recharged from a good night's sleep and will spend all day on my couch playing it. :cool:
 
I'm surprised Game is still in business, in the UK at least. Buying online or from a supermarket is easier and usually cheaper these days. I bet Game is about the most expensive place you can purchase games from.
 
Back