Midnight store openings for GT5 release date?

I'll only pre-order if there is a Special/Limited Edition of GT5, this coming from somebody who hardly ever buys the S/LE of anything.

Same, I only pre ordered GT4 because I got a free GT4 hat and GT5P (JP) because I got a Gran Turismo sticker set :p


Otherwise I never preorder as I have found there is no need.
 
I'm surprised Game is still in business, in the UK at least. Buying online or from a supermarket is easier and usually cheaper these days. I bet Game is about the most expensive place you can purchase games from.
True, their high-street stores are amongst the highest when it comes to pricing, but they are a huge group. They own Gamestation now, which gives them over 1,300 stores worldwide. On top of that they have www.game.co.uk, www.gamestation.co.uk and www.gameplay.co.uk. Online sales will be more than sufficient to support slower high-street sales due to high pricing, but lets not forget they also sell more than just games, and they also buy and sell stuff, so they have the best of all worlds. As a group, they will not be going anywhere soon that's for sure, unless they get bought out!
 
I doubt the valley where I live has that many GT enthusiasts to sell out at Walmart; London Drugs; Zellers; Future Shop; and Superstore and the new video game store!

I'll pick it up the morning after the midnite madness and then take the day off work!
 
I remember the GT3 Midnight Harvey Norman release. Got there just after 12 and the place was pretty quiet considering how hyped I was. :dopey:

If I got the cash and time then I'll certainly be going for a midnight release because I'll be going for the GT5 bundle too!

Long time ago now hey! I expected it to be pretty quiet at that time of night for GT3. GT5 will be a different story i think :dunce:
 
There is a GameStop about 5 minutes from my house. I typically pre-order a game since many times, the store's initial launch day allocation covers pre-orders with just a few left over. The games often have a "Ship Date" and then an "Available Date". Most often (for popular games), on a Wednesday morning, the store manager waits at the airport (70 miles away) and picks up the store's delivery personally. The store opens at 10am normally and the manager is usually back by 10:30. I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes to pick up a new game.

When the original PSP launched, I actually had a 7:30am appointment at the same store to pick up the unit. This was the only time, I shopped at a non-usual time. As I walked away wondering why I had gotten up so early (when I could have just as easily came in at 10am and picked up the same unit) I smiled knowing that at least I had the minute distinction of knowing that I had the first one on the street in my neighborhood :)
 
Last edited:
I for one will not be doing a midnight run to my local EB or GAME. I will go to Kmart at 9am after being fully recharged from a good night's sleep and will spend all day on my couch playing it. :cool:

I like your thinking. That's exactly what I will do. Also by doing this, we will both save money. EB and Game in my opinion are far too expensive. I'll go to Big W at about 8 am or so, come home and probably go back to bed until 10:00 then get up and play it all day long.
 
I like your thinking. That's exactly what I will do. Also by doing this, we will both save money. EB and Game in my opinion are far too expensive. I'll go to Big W at about 8 am or so, come home and probably go back to bed until 10:00 then get up and play it all day long.
Instead, you can take a nap in the evening, nip out to a 24hr supermarket at midnight, pay significantly less than GAME, go home, get some sleep, wake up at 6:00 - 7:00am, and play the game still as fresh as a daisy!

Alternatively, you can pre-order online and hope that it comes a day or two early! In either case, relative to the time you will own and play the game, it really doesn't make much difference at all - you'll soon get knocked down those leaderboards! :lol:
 
Instead, you can take a nap in the evening, nip out to a 24hr supermarket at midnight, pay significantly less than GAME, go home, get some sleep, wake up at 6:00 - 7:00am, and play the game still as fresh as a daisy!

Nah, that screws around with my sleep patterns and they are hard enough to maintain as it is. A big night's sleep and sleep in then into Kmart at 9am, pick up the game, then all day and night for the next 3 weeks straight!! I may even require a bedpan for this one, that's how little I would want to move from the TV. :lol:

Alternatively, you can pre-order online and hope that it comes a day or two early! In either case, relative to the time you will own and play the game, it really doesn't make much difference at all - you'll soon get knocked down those leaderboards! :lol:

I'd rather let you guys get a headstart, you'll need it anyway on the 1/4 Mile. ;)
 
Back