Might Start GT3 again...worth it?

• Thread starter Aldo
  • 69 comments
Australia
Melbourne, Living the dream
Aldo_GTP
Hi guys
i've been playing GT4 since it came out and on my second time through (due to a corrupted file :ouch:) and i'm back up to 80ish%
i was thinking of starting GT3 again to try and get further seeing as i'm a better driver now. Do you guys think its worth it?
cheers
Aldo 👍

cool man
might go back and do it after this enduro im running (228 laps at fuji)

I always thought GT3 was one of the better instalments of the game. Defiantly worth it.

I personally will never go back to GT3, except for if I need to research a car. It's got a lot of good racing, some of which is pretty intense in those Amateur & Pro levels, but the lack of car choices & monotony of racing the same tracks over and over would get to me after awhile.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't go back if you want. It's your game! 💡

Last edited:
I had the same situation, and I started GT3 again... definitely worth it. Unlike GT4, it is likely to read on yor PS2, and interesting touches such as different F1 cars and the last appearance of classics such as the 'civilian' Ford GT-40 and the Toyota GT-One Road Car make it a unique experience.

restarted it
definatly finding the lack of cars and different courrses difficult to cope with :(

restarted it
definatly finding the lack of cars and different courrses difficult to cope with :(

I know how you feel. :( If you can get past this, there is some great racing to be had in the Amateur, Pro, and Endurance Leagues. The Beginner's League is soooo easy, tho! :lol: You'll breeze right thru I'm sure...

Last edited:
I still haven't finished GT3!... Im on about 80% or something because I refuse to do the endurance races manually (thank god for b-spec in GT4!). But I still enjoy it, occasionally blasting round Monaco in the original GT40 road version is really satisfying! :sly:

Robin

I just re-played GT3 in the last few days, having spent years away from the game thanks to Gran Turismo 4. Wow, I just can't remember them as being so different from each other, but its a good different. I can now easily flick from playing one to playing the other. I hadn't realised how much I missed that Rome track! :guilty:

Joe

Hell yeah! it's the best GT game so far!

Oooh, if there ever was a quote to start an age-old debate, there it is! ;) It was a fantastic game, but I think GT2 and GT4 are possibly both better, thanks to sheer content. But hey, each to his own, good to have different opinions. :sly:

Joe

Oooh, if there ever was a quote to start an age-old debate, there it is! ;) It was a fantastic game, but I think GT2 and GT4 are possibly both better, thanks to sheer content. But hey, each to his own, good to have different opinions. :sly:

Joe

Yeah, there's nothing really bad about GT3. If I had never tried 2 and 4, I would consider GT3 the BEST. But it's just that GT2 and 4 have so many more cars, tracks, and scenarios. :mischievous:

I hadn't realised how much I missed that Rome track! :guilty:

Joe

Rome is a great track. True.

I still haven't finished GT3!... Im on about 80% or something because I refuse to do the endurance races manually (thank god for b-spec in GT4!). But I still enjoy it, occasionally blasting round Monaco in the original GT40 road version is really satisfying! :sly:

Robin

At least try the Rome enduro (make sure both the TVR Griffith and Renault Clio Sport show up). That's the best one. The MX5 enduro rocks, too. :D

Last edited:
At least try the Rome enduro (make sure both the TVR Griffith and Renault Clio Sport show up). That's the best one. The MX5 enduro rocks, too. :D

Yeah Ive heard good things about the MX5 enduro from people who have done it, said it was really enjoyable and challenging. I do aim to one day do the enduros and get 100% in GT3 when I have some time.... then also 100% GT4 and GT5P! :sly:.... better get started soon!

Robin

Yeah Ive heard good things about the MX5 enduro from people who have done it, said it was really enjoyable and challenging. I do aim to one day do the enduros and get 100% in GT3 when I have some time.... then also 100% GT4 and GT5P! :sly:.... better get started soon!

Robin

Try the MX5 enduro with the cheapest '89 Miata that you either buy or win. No oil change (118 hp), and sport tires. You can't tune, but (if you're skilled) you won't need to. 👍

I recently started playing GT3 again. The beginning is kinda rough, but it gets better.

Also, I find the thumbsticks to be unusable for steering in GT3. Way too touchy. Before GT4, I had no problem using the thumbsticks. But now, I almost have to use the d-pad for GT3. Crazy.

I recently started playing GT3 again. The beginning is kinda rough, but it gets better.

You're being sarcastic, right? You're saying that the beginning is kinda rough as a joke right?

Also, I find the thumbsticks to be unusable for steering in GT3. Way too touchy. Before GT4, I had no problem using the thumbsticks. But now, I almost have to use the d-pad for GT3. Crazy.

Interesting. I use both...I use the analog stick 80% of the time, and the d-pad for "fine tune" steering the rest of the time (like little jabs of steering as I roll down a straight).

Last edited:
You're being sarcastic, right? You're saying that the beginning is kinda rough as a joke right?

Interesting. I use both...i use the analog stick 80% of the time, and the d-pad for "fine tune" steering the rest of the time (like little jabs of steering as i roll down a straight).

I meant rough as in boring, not as in hard.

I meant rough as in boring, not as in hard.

Ah! That's called sarcasm..you say something but in a joking way while implying that the opposite is true. Sometimes it's hard to tell what people mean over the internet.

Last edited:
Even though I now have GT 4, I still love this version of Gran Turismo.
It may have limited cars, but I do like to to endurances if I'm not tired and a bad mood.
It also makes me wonder why the hell the AI rotates it cars during races to keep you from not acheiving victory especially if they can easily out smoke you if you make the wrong move.... ;)

Even though I now have GT 4, I still love this version of Gran Turismo.
It may have limited cars, but I do like to to endurances if I'm not tired and a bad mood.
It also makes me wonder why the hell the AI rotates it cars during races to keep you from not acheiving victory especially if they can easily out smoke you if you make the wrong move.... ;)

What do you mean by "the Ai rotates its cars"? Do you mean that it seems stronger cars will dominate, but then they have to pitstop and lose their edge? :lol: And then a weaker, slower car is the leader? :lol: I noticed that about GT3. :indiff: Many races do this, probably to keep us guessing.

Last edited:
Let me respond on a personal and passionate note. If you want to play through GT3 again, feel free to do so. Don't let anything really stop you. I personally think GT4 is better than GT3 as far as PS2 GT's go. But really, I don't think you're missing too much unless you want to take a nostalgic tour of Gran Turismo 3. I've been wanting to redo GT1 and GT2. Trouble is that I don't have another PS1 memory card (lost one of them, and another one fails to work) to do GT2. So here I am trying to redo GT1 for nostalgia.

GT3 personally was a prettier GT2, only with a little better execution than GT2. You can probably get the Toyota GT-One a little easier for GT3 than with GT2. That's the only real reason I'd go for GT3 though I don't have the Toyota GT-One for GT3 (I think I had the road car, but sold it). Maybe I'd go through to try to collect as many F1 cars as I can (I have only two- the F686 and F090S).

Do as you please. It's only worth it if you're committed and willing to play and complete an older GT game.

If I were you, I'd complete GT4 and then I'd start GT3. Completing GT4 from 80% may take a while, and GT3 probably longer - thus tiding you over until GT5! 👍

I haven't finished GT3 either. I'm trying, slowly, to complete it. I'm in professional mode now, and I need to finish the Spyder watchyamacallit races. I learned one thing, the S2000 I have (one of the price cars, I think) is really loose, and brakes badly.

Last edited:
I haven't finished GT3 either. I'm trying, slowly, to complete it. I'm in professional mode now, and I need to finish the Spyder watchyamacallit races. I learned one thing, the S200 I have (one of the price cars, I think) is really loose, and brakes badly.

My God! it's the ghost of Christmas past :P very Long time no see mate, good to see you still pop your head in from time to time 👍
Have a nice Chrimbo matey ;)
Cheers
Ron.

Back