MildBrid Series Race #1

• Thread starter miata13B
  • 72 comments
I had the same thing for a while. I think It's because the 2 most time-robbing turns are after the T2 marker: The imfamous Cork Screw, and the final 90 degree turn, right before the straight away.

That's why T2 times are misleading in a way. It's still anyones race. But it does build the excitement and the competition between us, and gets us to try just a little harder. I love it!!!:D

Originally posted by Mojo Rising
I had the same thing for a while. I think It's because the 2 most time-robbing turns are after the T2 marker: The imfamous Cork Screw, and the final 90 degree turn, right before the straight away.

That's why T2 times are misleading in a way. It's still anyones race. But it does build the excitement and the competition between us, and gets us to try just a little harder. I love it!!!:D

Actually, those turns are easy, its the two turns after the Andretti hairpin that are annoying to me...

Originally posted by Frustrated Palm
Actually, those turns are easy, its the two turns after the Andretti hairpin that are annoying to me...
Well, there is the difference in driving styles and layouts right there. In my car I am hitting the corners at excellent speed, but I am losing because I believe I have one of the slowest all together cars to tel lthe truth. I will run a quick 0-400m to check its acceleration.

Yep,

Hey Palm, what car R U runnin anyway? You don't need to put details about it if you don't want. I was just wondering.

I'm running an R34 V-spec II right at the 2.00 Hp/weight ratio limit. I only have a few hybrid parts on it.

running a tuscan.
obviously with a tvr you haven't got many choices... but they're all quality!! :)

i agree with mojo bout the T2 times, there's heaps to be lost..

more importantly there's a certain hybrid guru who's been conspicuously quiet in this thread... i suspect it ain't my times anyone should be worried about :rolleyes:

Sup,

Yeah, we haven't heard from a bunch of people in a while. There are 15 of us and we've only heard from about 5 of us for a while. Let's hear some more T2 times from people. That's what this is about. Lets build some tension and suspense. I'm tired of guessing about you clowns.:confused: JK:lol:

Hey 13B,

Has anyone submitted any full laps yet? I think I remember seeing that you can submit a time and update it whenever, so I'll PM you mine here shortly.

my fastest lap so far and a T2 time of 36.3, but my fastest T2 is 36.1, I just can't seem to get that perfect lap in. I always lose time somewhere.

Hey 13B,

Has anyone submitted any full laps yet? I think I remember seeing that you can submit a time and update it whenever, so I'll PM you mine here shortly.

my fastest lap so far and a T2 time of 36.3, but my fastest T2 is 36.1, I just can't seem to get that perfect lap in. I always lose time somewhere.
Yes you are allowed to send you lap at any point in time :D. I have received a few laps btw. including my own, but I am really just too lazy to reload my memory card with a version of my car that has downforce. I think I am also going to post my lap without the fully hybrided car to show what you can and can't do during the race to make sure everyone is clear.

Havent worked on this since i initally did some laps :indiff: been working a lot the last couple of days, and my hours arent really allowing me much time to race cuz i have to be up early and i work late :irked: I may try some more laps on this tomorrow night if i have the energy, but sorry to say the official weekly race gets my attention first :D

Oh Miaaaataaaaaa,

Sooo, are you gonna give us any hints on the times? I don't mean who's first or anything like that. I just want to know if the times are really close, or if someone has pulled ahead by a bit. You don't need to say who it is. Pleeeaaase:D

I don't suppose you will. That's Ok. I understand.

PLEASE?!?!

Sorry;)

Well, Mojo, I can say there are some quite impressive times that are being handed in. . . I am no where near them to tell the truth. It seems that Norris had a monkey wrench thrown into his designs. Anyways, keep up with those times. :D

Sup Miata,

I'm sure you're doing fine with it. It has alot to do with most of us having almost double the Hp that you have. I believe your Hp/weight ratio was around 3.5 or something. Most of us are running at the 2.0 limit, or very close.

Maybe we should institute a "class System". Like the "2.0 Class" has a 2.0 HP/wght limit, and the "3.0 Class" has a 3.0 and so on. or something like that and also limit the Downforce per class. Just a thought for future mildbrid series. Then we could choose which class to be in. or choose all of them. We'd need more staff, Huh?:rolleyes: Darn, It is a thought. Wadaya think?

Maybe we should institute a "class System". Like the "2.0 Class" has a 2.0 HP/wght limit, and the "3.0 Class" has a 3.0 and so on. or something like that and also limit the Downforce per class. Just a thought for future mildbrid series. Then we could choose which class to be in. or choose all of them. We'd need more staff, Huh?:rolleyes: Darn, It is a thought. Wadaya think?
I actually have been toying with this notion since I thought of doing this series. It may not be a bad idea, but I am thinking what would constitute the classes. Most people will want to be in the 2.0 class. Maybe we should run a qualification for classes. The only problem is that we need more people. If any of you guys know anyone that would join in, get them to post in the sign up thread that is in the Hybrid forum. If we got somewhere between 20 and 30 people, we can definately do that :D. Right now, I got everything going pretty well here with times and management, but when I need it, I will ask for it :D.

Originally posted by Frustrated Palm
Why not going to some other forums and asking there?
I should shouldn't I. The only problem though is the whole n00b thing that ruins credentials at first you know Frustrated?

Yeah, that's one reason why I am named the way I am. I had some great idea's for racing series but since I was always the newcomer, nobody gave a ****...

Originally posted by mobilechicane
sounds vaguely familiar..

Grip 'n' Slip TT anyone? :( :lol:

That's why i was so stoked to see this series - a familar name running it means at least a few will turn up
I remember looking at that, the real turn off to me was the unlimited restrictions, I liked the fact that you pulled in Rallying and Road racing though. I think I posted once, but my computer crashed in the middle of it, then I never saw the thread again.

ohhh... the relief.
my tuscan has now done 225mi/360km, probably the last 80miles or so to try & drop less than 0.2sec. :mad:
When i finally beat my ghost it was by 0.5xx!!:banghead: :banghead:

This is top fun :D- but i think im about done for this track

Sup All,

Aaaaahhh!!! I can't get a better lap in, for the life of me. I don't think I'll have any time today to best it either. I think What I sent you, is the time I'm gonna have to live with, Miata. Oh well. there's always next race.:rolleyes:

I'l be up bright and early tommorow to see the results. What time do you think you will post them, Miata? Oh yeah, you probly have to verify some times to. I forgot. Gottsta go. C ya.

The Blitz R348 is coming through T2 at 35.7, the Clio Group B about a second later. But the Blitz is absolutely AWESOME through the 'screw... And my times are anagrams of each other... Oddly...

I think my problem is the downforce (forgot to set it to the limit). My T2 is still about the same but my total time is getting faster. I guess I will upload the full downforce version of my car tonight and see how it affects the handling...

i was working on one of those 3.0 kg/hp cars, its a 'real' mildbrid, based around one of the less common old corolla mods.

but then i realised i was mixing manufacturers... so i thought id suggest this:

"If a car can be proved to have been built (thru whatever means miata13b decides), and fits the p/w rule, it is eligible for competition"

???? Whaddayareckon?:odd:
I guess a refernce to road cars should be in there

Back