Mileage Exchange Update Brings Back the Lancer Gr.B Homologation Special

I think I saw a maintenance window pop up on the 15th. Maintenance was scheduled for 16th from 8am to 9am, I think.
I was so excited to see what it was and nothing happened when I turned the game on today. Am I going crazy? Anyone else saw that maintenance window pop up? :boggled:

Since I'll assume you weren't on at the time of the maintenance, let me fill you in.

Yes. A maitenance happened. No update was given. It was likely a mere hotfix specifically to fix the web issue in GT Sport. Please refer to the notification of said issue in game for more information.

Maintenance is just that....not an Update...not new DLC....and definitely NOT something to get excited about !! :rolleyes:

noun: maintenance
  1. 1.
    the process of preserving a condition or situation or the state of being preserved.

synonyms: preservation, conservation, continuation, continuance, continuity, keeping up, carrying on, prolongation, perpetuation
[edit:- To add Definition]

That matches my garage entries as well, I am glad I called it for the M4 SC as I wasn't sure if the red version was a different shade
than the orange as they looked quite similar so glad I bought it now!

No worries. Initially I thought it's the same as well, but then I notice the background of the car in Mileage Exchange actually corresponds to the car colours itself, and I've never seen the background that red with previous Orange M4s, so I bought it. Luckily it really is a different colour so I didn't waste 4000 Mi :D

You know that I would have done:

Week 1 - Oct 10
Y2 Chrome
B7 Large Flakes
Y2 Matte Metallic
B5 Dark Flakes L
BPY Colorshift
G9 Candy Metallic
Rosso Alfa

Week 2 - Oct 24
W1 Chrome
R1 Large Flakes
Vegas Yellow
P1 Matte Metallic
G2 Dark Flakes L
PZK Colorshift
O2 Candy Metallic

Week 1 is labelled as October 10, because that's when I got my review copy, and they stayed like that through the launch date until the change on October 24.

Oh Yes! I knew I could always trust Famine to catalogue everything :D Seems like that guy in the video also missed a few paints. I think my list is up to date now.

Do you by chance also have the first 2 weeks Rims selection noted? I really need to know if the ADVAN Racing TC III was on back then. Surely it would've come back in rotation by now.

Here's your problem :D

Rather than just noting them down in a list, I put the paint colours into tables in the super secret GTPlanet master reference GoogleDoc file. Here's an example:

View attachment 736628

That's Blue. Now, it doesn't seem like an important difference, but it lets me see patterns very easily.

There's not much of a pattern to Blue, except - as you note - no 9s. That suggests it's either highly coincidental (or PD is saving them up) that in the 31 weeks of paints during which we've had 77 of a possible 126 Blues we've had no B9s when they should occur at a rate of 1 in 9 Blues, or there's no B9s, and there's only 112 possible Blues.

You've also noted this pattern.

However, there's others. There's never been a Candy Metallic (or Dark version) of Grey/Key, for example. In the case of Grey, there's not been that many paints at all - literally nine - and with the exception of two of the four Mattes, nothing darker than a K1. It's difficult to draw any conclusions from K's patterns, but it looks like there will be very, very few K paints; it's very unlikely that K will have been seen as rarely as it has been if there are many more Ks available.

Speaking of K, it and W, are the only colours not to have any Dark finishes...

Speaking of Dark finishes, the highest number ever made available for a Dark is G7 Dark Candy Metallic. Excluding DCM, it's 5, on B5 Dark Flakes S, B5 Dark Flakes L, G5 DFS, P5 DFS and P5 DFL. The only other colour to have at least a 5 is Yellow, and as yet it hasn't gone any higher than Y2 for Darks (Y2 DCM, Y2 DFL, no Y DFS).

Other finishes seem to be dodging certain colours too. For example, there's no W or K Candy Metallic (regular or Dark) and no W or K Fluorescent (regular or Matte). That seems kind of a reasonable exception to have though - what would fluorescent silver even look like? However there's some odder ones too: no P Aluminum Metallic, no O Liquid Metallic or O Matte, no Y Dark Flakes S (even though there's Dark Candy and Dark Flakes L in Y). Then you look at Blue (all finishes, 1-8), Green (all finishes, 1-9) and Red (all finishes, 1-3) and wonder if these exceptions just haven't been seen yet or aren't included at all. Other than the low paint count K and W colours, it's unlikely that we wouldn't have seen these finishes in these colours by now. Even with O, with only 28 potential paints (O1-2, all finishes), we should have seen one Matte or Liquid Metallic in the 23 paints we've had so far - if they exist they would appear once every seven Orange paints.

Well I listed mine grouped by hue, and then the paint types alphabetically. So it just jumps out to me which hues have the full selection of finishes and which are still barren. I also haven't been messing around in livery editor much, so I can't say that I'm familiar with every chip to know if a certain hue/finish combo is possible or not. I was thinking of putting it in an excel table too, but I was waiting until all paints are released just to do it in one go.

Does the numbers in your cells correspond to the week number the paint appeared? Surely it can't be the frequency as some of them would be too high.

PD could still be saving a huge chunk of individual hues. I remember there was a week where it's all yellows, and 2 weeks ago it was all greys IIRC. On reflection, my number was probably too high, but I still don't think there's that many exclusions as you mentioned. The low number W and K I can accept. But for the other colours surely those finishes will come by and it's just a freak probability that we haven't seen them by now. PD works in mysterious ways but I don't think their paint selection is entirely perfectly random (meaning some guy is probably picking the weekly selections, instead of a perfect computer random generator). Apart from the GT5 used car lot, there was always a rhythm to these kinds of things in GT games in the past. I know Kaz is too OCD not to :lol:

BTW, how do you know K stands for Key? That's the only hue letter I've been puzzled with.

Was wondering why there wasn't brown as well. Probably too similar to dark oranges though.

With all the exclusions, my sheet estimates there's 512 XN paints (513 if you include the weird duplicated R1 DCM, although I think there'll end up being less), along with the manufacturer paints that seem to have been exhausted now at 44 (although I do have a weird double in there that I need to dig out the cause of) and an unknown number of Colorshifts currently standing at 29.

Yeah the R1 DCM is an odd one.

What's the manufacturer double you have? My number is currently at 46 paints.

Rouge Rubi
Soul Red
Radiant red contrast layering
Rosso Alfa
Rosso Corsa
Pure Red
Rosso Scuderia
Valencia Red Pearl
Competition Orange
Lava orange crystal shine
Lava Orange
McLaren Orange
Triple yellow
Vegas yellow
Giallo Modena
Bright Yellow
Mantis Green
British Racing Green
Lime Rock Green
Laguna Blue Tintcoat
B5 Blue Pearl
WR Blue Pearl
Nouvelle Blue Pearl
Sepang blue pearl effect
Heat blue contrast layering
Azurite Blue
Azzurro Met
Performance Blue
Aurora Flare Blue Pearl
Ultraviolet
Iridium Silver Metallic
130R White
Arctic White
Polaris White
Championship White
Brilliant White Pearl
Diamond White Bright
White Pearl
Blanc Perle Nacre
Rhodium Silver
Meteor Gray Mica
Mineral Grey
Daytona Grey pearl effect
Uranus Grey
Storm Grey
Nero Daytona

If anyone cares for my stupid math, by my count we're missing ~218 "XN" paints. Recently we've been getting around 9 new XN paints a week, which means we're still just over 24 weeks away from having all of the XN paints - which would take us to just after the game's first anniversary - although this is likely to lean out a bit as duplicates become more prevalent (they've gone from rare to 1-2 a week).

And yes, I have worked out when they should be arriving, by proportion of missing paints. We should get three green, three purple, one blue, one yellow and one other each week.

Although we probably won't, but this week had four green, two purple and three blue. And last week had two green, two purple, two blue and two other. That averages out to three green, two purple, 2.5 blue and one other.

So, for next week, I predict:
G1 Liquid Met.
G2 Liquid Met.
G2 Dark Flakes Small
P3 Dark Flakes Small
P3 Dark Candy Met.
P3 Half Matte
B5 Liquid Met.
Y1 Chrome
K2 Matte

Yeah, I'm a nerd, but if that comes true... :lol:

Congratulations on having 2 of the colours correct. B5 liquid met. and P3 half matte are the ones you have gotten correct. And the general theme of the colours of course.

Last edited:
Back