Mini Clubman Vision Gran Turismo Discussion Thread

This car is way better looking than I imagined it would be. And I hear it's got 500hp. Hope someday we'll get all the Mini lineup.

Took it out for a lap at the new track. I'm liking the sound, but looks are a little plain in my opinion

I agree, the sound is pretty good. Raspy, yet natural. I also agree with the looks, they're not bad (the silver colours are a bit cheesy), but it could've been a bolder car. Pretty much the same problem that plagues BMW's own VGT.

Is a nice car for online races just do a race few minutes ago a mini clubman race and was really funny close runs but only 1 bad thing no interior!!!! that kill me :nervous:

I agree, the sound is pretty good. Raspy, yet natural. I also agree with the looks, they're not bad (the silver colours are a bit cheesy), but it could've been a bolder car. Pretty much the same problem that plagues BMW's own VGT.
For me the BMW one was much more bold while still looking like something you could see on the street. This one isn't a 20ys in the future concept it's similar to BMW approach (they own Mini), but not as aggressive as BMW went. I still like it tho and really like the sound. The sides are a little too straight for me however. I would of liked to see much larger wheel wells that stick out like a wide body etc.

For me the BMW one was much more bold while still looking like something you could see on the street. This one isn't a 20ys in the future concept it's similar to BMW approach (they own Mini), but not as aggressive as BMW went. I still like it tho and really like the sound. The sides are a little too straight for me however. I would of liked to see much larger wheel wells that stick out like a wide body etc.

I know Mini chose the Clubman body for promoting the model, but I still think they could have done with a Superleggera-based concept in my honest opinion. Or even the Mini Coupe, perhaps a more edgy model. This Clubman is subtle, but perhaps a little too much. It looks more like a present day concept than one from the future.

I know Mini chose the Clubman body for promoting the model, but I still think they could have done with a Superleggera-based concept in my honest opinion. Or even the Mini Coupe, perhaps a more edgy model. This Clubman is subtle, but perhaps a little too much. It looks more like a present day concept than one from the future.
Exactly what I was thinking

I think what caught my attention the most was the "X's" on the headlights, simulating duct tape. That is a mod that PD needs to implement in the future. Nothing like an old race car with duct taped headlights.
They did!

....On one car!
honda_s800_rsc__68_by_gt6_garage-d7fiqx0.png

Possibly my favorite VGT car yet in terms of appearance, performance wise however... Understeer. Just understeer.

The MINI corners a lot better if you let off the throttle. It's typical of 4WD cars to not enjoy being gassed through a corner. If you think the MINI is bad, try the GTR :scared:

I agree with that. The thing is with the MINI VGT, is that you have to be careful when turning into a corner. I did some more laps in the MINI VGT Seasonal after my post, and what I found out was that you can't trail-brake the car, the front wheels just lock up if you mash the brakes and turn in to the corner. If you want to trail-brake, you'd have to feather the brakes so that you would get the end result you want. And yeah, the MINI VGT does turn better if you let off the gas. Properly-tuned 4WD cars can have their throttle mashed waaaay before the corner exit, but I think the problem with the MINI is its weight transfer. It needs to have quite a significant amount of weight in the front tires before they do anything.

My most driven VGT car so far for some reason, I like the raucous noise and the close to real world look, performance and feel.

Handling is interesting, it likes to destroy front tyres when pushed hard, maybe it's just my driving style but the outside front likes to turn to smoke!! Not sure if this actually has any affect on the way it goes through a corner...

I did 1:15s at Midfield with this new MINI clubman, 1:13s with a Lotus 111R race car, so it is not the fastest 532pp racer. Drives well enough though,

1050 kg is too much? That's just 2,315 lbs.

I haven't tested it at Mid-Field yet, but I did take it to Laguna Seca on CH tires, no oil change.

Its time of basically 1:39 is comparable with the GT-R Nismo here.

To be fair, I agree with Suzuka here. I'd change the "main issue" words of the Mini to these:

• Far too agressive car settings. The problem here is that the Mini is too understeer'y in situations where the car gets pushed hard in corners. I'm sure a good tuner can transform this, just by setting the suspension, LSD and aero in a different way.

Last edited:
Back