Minolta 88C-V Tune

• Thread starter rk
  • 64 comments
What, that exact setup? Hm.

Snyp, if you really aren't interested in the small straights, try removing a little rear downforce - the car may become a bit of a handful and straight speed will be reduced, but turn-in will be noticeably sharper.

DE

oh i forgot the downforce :
rear downforce:
lowest
front downforce:
highest
👍 💡

What, that exact setup? Hm.

Snyp, if you really aren't interested in the small straights, try removing a little rear downforce - the car may become a bit of a handful and straight speed will be reduced, but turn-in will be noticeably sharper.

DE

Is it possible in that case that the car will have slight oversteer... Of course this will result in shaper turn in... But I wonder if I'll really gain time over this... If I have sharper turn in, my braking will probably be harder too... So my exit will suffer from it I think...

I think it's a good idea for someone who's very agressive entering the corners... But I'm more like a "soft-entering" / "hard-exit" So I need a car that has a good balance between front and rear...

I'll try it out anyway... Might even try out a setup that will provide slight understeer, since I get in a corner smoothly but push very hard on the exit...

Thx, any comment is always good. The more we speak and listen... The more we learn :D

I've had GT4 about 2 months and have gotten a lot of help here so I figured I should join. I have read a lot about the 88C-V and won one and tried tuning it with Duck's settings first then tweaking them the best I could but the Sauber, R92, R89, and XJR 9 were running away from me at Infineon and Le Sarthe. I can't find the post now but someone here said leave the suspension at it's default settings which I have done plus;

Brake control- 3/3
Max downforce
RSH front and rear
Trans is default

Me and Bob are now 16:50 into LeSarthe 2 and we've been leading since the end of the Mulsanne on lap 2. We are now at lap 306.
I run for 16 laps then turn it over to Bob for 16.
My best lap so far has been 3:09:079
Top speed I've seen on the straight is 219
When Bob drives he has been set at 3 (steady) throughout the race.
Pits are every 8 laps w/ rears orange and fronts yellow and one bar left on the gas gauge.
Another 88C-V is one lap down
The Sauber is 1 lap down
Nissan R89C is 4 laps down
Jaguar XJR-9 is 6 laps down
Peugeot 905 is 8 laps down
How are my times and top speed compared to some of you pros here and what do you think of the tire wear? About right or wearing too soon.
I really enjoy driving this car with this tune although at high speeds the steering is extremely sensitive.
I think these settings will also work at the 'ring but not sure about Infineon.
Thanks to everyone for all of the tips I've used here. Luv this game.
:)

I really haven't found a tuning I like on this car for short tracks. I don't think it has very realistic handling even on soft/soft. I've tried everything but I'm having real trouble getting the push/understeer out of the car. Anyone else had problems tuning for shorter tracks ?
i tend to agree the short tracks are ass, also hey from 19 years later!

Back