Minor things that grind your gears in GTS

The Discover section doesn't have a way to sort by specific date or bypass the periods with zero entries.
There is still no way to save anything while not connected to the servers.
Time trials don't have rewards like they did in GT5 and 6.
Drifting is barely even mentioned throughout the game.

HUD customization extremely lacking compared to GT6.
No g-force meter.
No rear view mirror in anything other than bumper cam.
Inconsistent track limits (e.g. La Sarthe) and no need to have Normal/Championship limits.
No need to have Low/Real grip reduction.
Gear shift delay in road cars.
Snow tyres but no snow tracks.
Cannot sell prize cars.
Mileage exchange should have everything available at all times.
Preorder duplicate cars cannot be removed from garage and forever showing that "!" symbol.
Photos/liveries/replays should be local save.
No rpm for max power/torque in settings screen stats, you need to go back to garage to check.
Missing track layouts that would've been easy to implement (e.g. Barcelona No Chicane, Suzuka West, Miyabi Reverse, Nurb Sprint).

In addition to that there are the longstanding physics issues and sport mode BOP/penalties/points system, but those are not minor issues anymore I feel :lol:

The Discover section doesn't have a way to sort by specific date or bypass the periods with zero entries.
There is still no way to save anything while not connected to the servers.
Time trials don't have rewards like they did in GT5 and 6.
Drifting is barely even mentioned throughout the game.

Use this. The in game search is abysmal.
https://gts.gt-beginners.net/livery/?lang=us

Last edited:
I sold my buddy my PS4 Pro and got him to buy GT Sport. He is a super casual gamer but enjoys trying to gold everything and earn credits. He absolutely hates the AI.

I'm tired of people assuming that casual players don't want more from this game.

On another note, I would like to update liveries that I have already shared.

People driving the whole race with hazard lights on! :irked:
On another note, I would like to update liveries that I have already shared.
No rear view mirror in anything other than bumper cam.
Cannot sell prize cars.
Mileage exchange should have everything available at all times.
+1 for all of these!

Other than that... here's what grinds my gears a bit.
  • 5 minute qualifying in FIA is a bit short IMO.
  • The collision physics can be somewhat wonky. So many times practicing for Wednesday's rally round where I clipped the wall whilst turning into it, only for it to accelerate my spin in the direction I was turning instead of slowing it/forcing me in the opposite direction like you'd expect.
  • People who advertise that they are livestreaming on YouTube/Twitch in the lobby chat before races begin. I mean, maybe I'm just really bad at multitasking but there's something about the race that's about to begin that makes it seem like the most pointless advertising possible. Doubly bad if it's Twitch because then you can't even go find the video and watch the race from their perspective afterwards either! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Can't save settings for SP Custom Race, have to use lobby mode (sometimes I just want to practice alone!)
  • Can't toggle "BoP always on" in a car's settings, sometimes I'll be a second up on my best time before I realize I didn't turn the BoP on!
  • Can't pick a custom car for circuit experience (would be very useful for practice!)
  • Mentioned above but: the distinction between low/real grip reduction and why they even bothered. Pick one and stick with it across the whole game all the time.
  • You're not allowed to race in sport mode with mixed compounds but you have to switch them separately anyway. Switching front tyres should switch both, and then if you switch the rear tyres (where allowed) it lets you mix.

I agree with most of these. One that really bugs me is that the HP / Torque graph you can look at in settings is wrong on many cars. They ALWAYS cross at 5252 RPM, but on some cars they cross at a different point in the RPM range, so how can I trust the graph at all?

One that really bugs me is that the HP / Torque graph you can look at in settings is wrong on many cars. They ALWAYS cross at 5252 RPM, but on some cars they cross at a different point in the RPM range, so how can I trust the graph at all?
I have never really looked/studied the chart. Its always been a mystery to me how people find out if its optimal to shift gear without redlining. Is that simply trial and error, or is it more scientific than that?

No way of turning of the lightbar and flashers on the safety cars.

- we have a function to toggle low beams/high beams
- we have a function to flash the high beams
- we have a function to both flash the high beams AND toggle low / high beams.
- we have a function for left turn signal, the right turn signal and the hazards.

We don't have a function to turn off the lightbar and flashers.

WHY!?!?

We've had safety car(s) in GT since GT4, surely by now someone should have realised that safety cars don't have the lights on constantly.

And no, adding/removing the lights completely is not the answer as was done to the M4 safety car in GT6.

Unless they allow us to add lightbars to most, if not all cars, like Forza games does + letting us control those lights like we can with the hazard lights.

I have never really looked/studied the chart. Its always been a mystery to me how people find out if its optimal to shift gear without redlining. Is that simply trial and error, or is it more scientific than that?

If you drive the car enough you can sorta "feel" when the acceleration starts to drop off above certain rpms. The Mclaren 650S Gr.4 is obvious one - optimal shift is around 1/4 to 1/2 rev bar.

Looking at the power chart, basically you want the rpms to be constantly around the peak. So if the peak is at 8000 rpm, and the drop when upshifting is 2000 rpm, you want to be shifting at 9000 rpm. This way, you are constantly in the 7000-9000 rpm range when driving.

If you want a more scientific method, there's this: https://gt-engine.com/lab/car_perf/rpt-optimal-upshift.html
The difference between optimal and redlining is only 0.064 seconds from 1st to 6th gear. It adds up but it's also too easy to make a mistake in one corner and lose all that time if you focus too much on the exact rpm. So don't stress :)

I agree with most of these. One that really bugs me is that the HP / Torque graph you can look at in settings is wrong on many cars. They ALWAYS cross at 5252 RPM, but on some cars they cross at a different point in the RPM range, so how can I trust the graph at all?
I think you'll find that the scale of the HP and Torque sides of the graph is different on the cars where it doesn't cross at 5252.

The way the use of TCS is frowned upon as if it is a sign of either being unable to play the game or being a poor driver.

The same also can be said about wheel users and DS4 users.

Why can’t I switch downloaded decals between favourite folders?
It's simply slower to use TCS in this game, and it also might even increase tire wear. I don't frown on anybody for having fun their way, but if you're a competitive person eventually you'll turn it down to zero because it's limiting how fast you can be to have it on.
Can't skip/fast-forward FIA replay intro. :irked:
You can't skip the intro on any replays. FIA is just egregious because it takes like 3 minutes versus 30 seconds.

the repetition of asphalt pattern when driving hi-speed sort of gives a "stroboscopic" effect, visually is distracting to see pavement pattern moving forward of your car faster than you are driving...

No way of turning of the lightbar and flashers on the safety cars.

• we have a function to toggle low beams/high beams
  • we have a function to flash the high beams
  • we have a function to both flash the high beams AND toggle low / high beams.
  • we have a function for left turn signal, the right turn signal and the hazards.

We don't have a function to turn off the lightbar and flashers.

WHY!?!?

We've had safety car(s) in GT since GT4, surely by now someone should have realised that safety cars don't have the lights on constantly.

And no, adding/removing the lights completely is not the answer as was done to the M4 safety car in GT6.

Unless they allow us to add lightbars to most, if not all cars, like Forza games does + letting us control those lights like we can with the hazard lights.
To add: can't activate/deactivate rear wiper and rear fog light(s).

Last edited:
How about freebee cars. Why not stop giving them away and make people buy what they need/want. I am tired of getting free cars that 95% of them I just go in and delete/sell them. I have no desire to collect a full garage of cars (most of which I will never drive). Besides for the odd cars needed in Race A are loaned out for the race so why would I really need them?

To be obliged to enter each and every event in GT League to know if I did all ther tracks and if I golded them or not.

To not get a reward for golding thoses GT League events, even a random car depending on the level of the event.

Hmmmmm....

When ever I go off track and hit a barrier. The damned car insists on "deciding" it is a head on collision and rotating in the wrong direction to race direction. I haven't tested this yet but I reckon even if I went in backwards it would reverse that too!

:-)

Back