Misleading Screenshots/Images

• Thread starter matt5687
  • 10 comments
Does anybody else find that some of the screenshots floating around of GT5:Prologue may look a little bit optimistic compared to what we have seen on the demo? I cant find it at the moment, but there is one with a white F430 taken from above, and the grass looks stunning, the cars clean lines look stunning along with the shadows! It looks perfect.

I really do hope that this image is what Polophony D are working towards as it really is great to look at.

But, looks arn't everything so im off to play the demo abit more :D

like has been said. gt5:P is a demo. We might not even see how good the graphics will be in gt5 in the official gt5:P release. PD has to leave some kind of suprises.

I know they have to leave something. It would be pointless to put all they could into a free 700mb demo a year or so ahead of the actual full game. It really is just me being anxious and wanting to find out what it's gonna be like.

Like I Said, I really hope this is what we have to look forward to!

One thing to consider is that Photomode on GT5/Prologue may upres the pics a bit, like GT4 does. Believe me I wouldn't complain, and I'm perfectly happy with the graphics in Forza 2 so GT5P looks heavenly to me as they are. But for the utter bleeding graphics fiends, I do hope that Prologue makes them happy when it comes out, and Gran Turismo 5 even happier.

GT4's photomode, even in phototravel, does not add any detail to cars or sceneries compared to what we see in-game. It just looks that way, but it does output full 1230x960 pics.

And these screenshots look pretty genuine to me, AND taken with some sort of photomode too. They don't look edited in any way.

Believe me, if PD wanted to make the game appear better than it's going to be, these screenshots would leave everyone doubting of their authenticity, instead of only a few, like the original poster, pessimistic-for-the-sake-of-it people.

I don't suppose it's occurred to you that Polyphony has done this for ten years now? Why should this new one be any different? Every game they've ever released by been accompanied by plenty of bullshots before releases.

I don't suppose it's occurred to you that Polyphony has done this for ten years now? Why should this new one be any different? Every game they've ever released by been accompanied by plenty of bullshots before releases.

Well - Bitter certainly seems fitting - Sorry...

But from what we can see in a Demo I'm fairly sure PD regret releasing, I have full trust in PD delivering what will be a benchmark in graphics for the foreseable future..

Why are we being negative about a free demo of a product being released "sometime" next year.. You should thank PD for getting us a preview of the future...

I cannot understand you people - I simply can't....

GT4's photomode, even in phototravel, does not add any detail to cars or sceneries compared to what we see in-game. It just looks that way, but it does output full 1230x960 pics.

And these screenshots look pretty genuine to me, AND taken with some sort of photomode too. They don't look edited in any way.

Believe me, if PD wanted to make the game appear better than it's going to be, these screenshots would leave everyone doubting of their authenticity, instead of only a few, like the original poster, pessimistic-for-the-sake-of-it people.

Of course it added detail like for example 3d rims, and smoother textures.

Nope, only rims change from paper-thin crap to 3D models. No added polygons, no improved texture and no improved reflections whatsoever.

Oh, and road tires have more or less the same treatment as the rims (on phototravel), but other than that, cars are exactly like in-game.

You know if you leave the pre-race screen on for a few mins. after selecting a car it will go through some replays and show a car from the demo sitting amongst some ruins with slightly over grown grass around it and it looks beautiful. I think the game looks great because I don't have hardly any video problems except the shadows on the dash view that have some jaggies.

Back