Missing Car

• Thread starter g0ld
  • 201 comments
BWX
When did I say it bothers me? I swear some people read completely different things than I write. Nowhere did I say or imply any of this "bothers me" in any way.

I was just simply trying to find out what people consider a different car or the same car. I spelled that out quite plainly, more than once

Sorry, wrong choice of words. I just don't understand why Polyphony has to change the car liveries?
In truth, i'd consider it a different racing livery belonging to the same car.

I am not sure if GT2 cars count but here are cars that I would like to mention.
Nothing special though

Levin GTAPEX TypeII '85 (J)
Trueno GTAPEX TypeII '85 (J)
BP Trueno GT '99 (J)

sorry I am a big fan of hachi-rokus, these cars can not be seen anymore after Gran Turismo 2. Not sure if you want it, but might be good to patch the list above though

I am not sure if GT2 cars count but here are cars that I would like to mention.
Nothing special though

Levin GTAPEX TypeII '85 (J)
Trueno GTAPEX TypeII '85 (J)
BP Trueno GT '99 (J)

sorry I am a big fan of hachi-rokus, these cars can not be seen anymore after Gran Turismo 2. Not sure if you want it, but might be good to patch the list above though

Yes. Plus, some fictional LMRCs. :)

BWX
I was just simply trying to find out what people consider a different car or the same car.

To straighten things out, we should create a seperate chart indicating cars in GT5 that have changed liveries that aren't used in GT5

I really do miss some of those cars, perhaps they might be releasing them as premium cars thus why they weren't included in GT5, and I never even knew the GT series ever had a Porsche...

I'm not sure if someone mentioned this car but i haven't seen this lancer since GT3:

gt3lancer_in.jpg

gt3_0322_screen022.jpg

That Mini would have been awesome, and I'm not a fan of Hyundais, but that Click race car looks really neat!

-POLYPHONY DIGITAL-
Polyphony F090/S (F1, McLaren, Senna) '90 [R]
Polyphony F094/H (F1, Williams, Hill) '94 [R]
Polyphony F094/S (F1, Williams, Senna) '94 [R]
Polyphony F686/M (F1, Williams, Mansell) '86 [R]
Polyphony F687/S (F1, Lotus, Senna) '87 [R]
Polyphony F688/S (F1, McLaren, Senna) '88 [R]
Polyphony 001 '95 [R]
Polyphony 002 '88 [R]

Does anyone have photos or videos of these cars? I've never heard of them and I'm interested in what they look and sound like

For me, I miss greatly the already referred Renault Espace F1...

I was greatly antecipating earing that engine sound :(

No car should be left out! Those dummies at PD should know better!!! :grumpy:

If they can't get licences, they can't get licences. It doesn't make them "dummies".

Licences from previous GT games are no longer valid - PD/Sony couldn't, for example, put together a trailer of 12 years of Gran Turismo because they don't hold licences for the cars in previous GT games any more...

Would it be fair to add these from GT5P?

-CONCEPT BY GT-
Viper SRT10 Coupe /Tuned
Skyline Coupe /Tuned
Swift Sport /Tuned
Clio Sport V6 /Tuned
Lancer Evolution X /Tuned

I know you can add aero parts to the normal models of these cars in GT5, but you still don't get the front downforce or the small visual racing add-ons you got with these cars in GT5P. All of the other Concept by GT cars are in GT5 (e.g. 350z RS), or you can RM the normal models to make them look pretty much identical (e.g. 111R RM).

If they can't get licences, they can't get licences. It doesn't make them "dummies".

Licences from previous GT games are no longer valid - PD/Sony couldn't, for example, put together a trailer of 12 years of Gran Turismo because they don't hold licences for the cars in previous GT games any more...

You were saying?:sly:

TVR Tuscan speed six/Tuned (GT5 CES demo 2010), similar to the RM model in GT5, without the racing numbers

In that vid there's also a Mitsubishi Lancer (new one) with GT logo at top of windscreen, like a tuner version. Same goes for the Renault Clio in the race.

I don't know if these are in the list but when I watch the GT5 E3 2009 trailer I saw some Nascars that is not in the game

I have never seen those cars before.

-> Hey guys, I'm back. But I'm not here to add more cars (since I've been playing GT1 & GT2 again). I'm here to help someone out:

Does anyone have photos or videos of these cars? I've never heard of them and I'm interested in what they look and sound like

-POLYPHONY DIGITAL-
Polyphony F090/S (F1, McLaren, Senna) '90 [R]
280px-F090s.jpg

Polyphony F094/H (F1, Williams, Hill) '94 [R]
280px-F094h.jpg

Polyphony F094/S (F1, Williams, Senna) '94 [R]
280px-F094s.jpg

Polyphony F686/M (F1, Williams, Mansell) '86 [R]
f686_2.jpg

Polyphony F687/S (F1, Lotus, Senna) '87 [R]
280px-F687s.jpg

Polyphony F688/S (F1, McLaren, Senna) '88 [R]
280px-F688s.jpg

Polyphony 001 '95 [R]
Polyphony001.jpg

Polyphony 002 '88 [R]
poly002.jpg

;)

Has nobody mentioned the Lotus Elise GT1 from GT2? I love that car! Gran Turismo 2, and Need For Speed 2 both featured it and it is just crazy! Weird cause Project Gotham Racing 3 for the 360 has that car.

Back