Mission Accomplished.

• Thread starter dori-san
  • 108 comments
If anyone is still interested, I just found out I could take pics in replay theater, and I came up with some of when I beat m34.

Looks like he's lost

VICTORY!

arsenal
the only thing I know is how to play GT

the rediculous amount of wallriding I did

cut through the grass

I plowed directly into the damn 300SL

What do you think?

You don't want an answer to that question.

sorry dude. I just got way too carried away when I was writing that post. I have to admit that I use some "shortcuts" like wallriding just so I can get through GT and have a nice list of cars for the coming years that I will spend in arcade mode. I actually hat eto use shortcuts in arcade mode, and often quit a race right after I hit a wall or drive off the track. I'm happy to say I have 99.6% done now without any b-spec points.

Now I know, I know, this isn't much to brag about, as many here have done it and also have 80 golds, but I just finished Mission Hall! :D Very happy indeed about that and I even did M34 in my third try.. Please note though, that I have the PAL version, and I've gathered it's MUCH easier than the NTSC versions.. The subarus on Tsukuba was the hardest for me I guess.. Oh well..

Nowhere near 80 golds though and I reckon I'll never will be! :)

Anyway, annoyingly happy with myself! :D

Cheers!

I only beat the first place car by .034 seconds!! But whatever, it still counts. Nothing stopping me from getting 100% now :)

Mission 34...finally got it beat...but it wasn't tidy. When i first started trying the 'ring i couldnt even catch the last car.

It's very rewarding when you make gains from each previous attempt, more so when you put in a clean, smooth , flowing lap and whip that SL's bumper. :cheers:

Im on the PAL version (Aussie) so i guess i had it a bit easier than others have had, heres my splits on the Green Hell.

timer started a 1:55 but i guess most already knew that

P1 1:42.2
P2 1:33.XX
P3 1:23.8
P4 1:11.6
P5 59.8
P6 48.9
P7 35.4
P8 29.0
P9 23.4
P10 13.3
P11 4.8

I beat that poxy SL by 0.088

but i had 2 penalties though

That R89C goes like the clappers...especially with nitrous and stage 4 turbo (1135kW). Lotza fun without asm and tcs....but its very harsh on the rears aint it

I hate this stupid game.
I hate Sony.
I hate the 'Ring'
For that matter, I hate all tracks that look like a pig's head.
I hate Mercedes.
I hate silver cars.
I hate all cars that have a 'magical' appearing wing to slow the car.
I hate the person who decided on the 123 second disadvantage.

I finally beat this stupid Mission 34. After trying about 8 hours over two days, I finally won by .38 seconds. (I couldn't have done it without watching the video.)

For those of you who have no wheel, it is possible to win using the dualshock controllers. It's also possible to win using an Automatic transmission. And, it's possible to win with the above specs in the NTSC version (non-PAL.)

I have now finished (100%) all GT games (1-4). All licenses golden. Mission 34 was the hardest race ever (for me). I enjoy a challenge, but unfortunately this race kinda took the enjoyment away, and made finishing the game more frustrating than fun.

Whoa. Looking at Dori-san's split times, I'm well off the pace. :scared: For my best attempt at this mission, I finished 5.6 seconds off the lead car. (I'm playing the american version of mission 34.) It'll take me a lotta practice to close that gap without cutting corners. :crazy:

Great write up! 👍

I've only recently started on the driving missions and I hammered through most of them in a few hours.... i'm now on mission 34... and I wouldn't mind it half as much if i did have to wait so sodding long to start driving!!!!!

What is a bit depressing is that i managed a 9:16, which i was very pleased with, but was still 8 odd seconds behind the leader? :grumpy:

shall continue to try harder, that 9:16 included 3 x 5 sec penalties! :ouch: but i can't seem to get round with smackin the wall atleast once :guilty:

EDIT: think my time thing must be due to the NTSC / PAL differences... do all you guys use steering wheels?? if so what's the one to go for? i'm just using the joypad and it's driving me mad not feeling in control :(

Notice the last reply in this thread was almost 3 months ago. If you re-open a thread.....make it worth while. I will answer your questions as best as I can.

Most GTplanet drivers use the wheel. I too use the wheel but I find it harder on the driving Missions.

A good wheel is the Logitech Force Feedback (blue and black) or GT 4 pre-made pro wheel(black and silver with shifter knob on side) Both seem to be the best. Hopefully this will help you.

Back