Mission Challenge Nighttime Rally 4-6

• Thread starter Lord_Hee
  • 18 comments
Denmark
Denmark
Hi there.

I almost have full gold in Mission Challenge after 6 months of joyful driving. HOWEVER the Nighttime Rally: Mission Challenge 4-6 is impossible. I have tried 50 times with many different settings, but I end up as number 2 every time. Is there a problem with this particular challenge? Perhaps someone has a piece of advice.

Thanks

L

Is there a problem with this particular challenge? Perhaps someone has a piece of advice

i don't get this questions... There is a leaderboard, you can see for yourself that it IS possible.

Here are some tips though:
Approach corners slower than on tarmac, break early, brake in a straight line to keep your car under control, make sure you hit apexes, don't drift around too much (it just loses you time), don't rev the gears (shift up early), set your TCS to 1 if you have problem finding grip out of corners (or shift early).

Practice! Practice! Practice Colorado Springs until you are able to do a 1:30~ish lap, then you WILL beat the leader.
If all of this does not work... Open a Lobby and i offer you to practice with you!

Feel free to add me on PSN
[TheNaketWookie]

i struggled like hell with it for ages. Then just forgot about it for months. I got better at driving, braking ,handling and then went back armed with more knowledge and cracked it within about 3 or 4 attempts.
Don't beat yourself up about it... leave it and come back with a fresh perspective.

I feel your pain. I struggled with this one for a long time. It was not fun. But, it’s possible. 1:30 laps will guarantee a win, first place AI averages about 1:31.5 a lap. Stay to the driving line as much as possible, it will give you the best grip. The 86 is a little squirrelly under full throttle, so feather accordingly.

Oh this is funny. I will only move on after I have gold so I have all gold so far but I am also stuck on this one for about 4 or 5 days now. Granted that means I have probably spent maybe two hours on it tops. I got 6th once, lol. I cant give any advice but I am eagerly awaiting some. I'm currently running 0 tcs power to the front and a +2 brakes. I have not tried upping the traction control cuz I usually never do but maybe I should have a go with that.

Last edited:
I'm currently running 0 tcs power to the front and a +2 brakes. I have not tried upping the traction control cuz I usually never do but maybe I should have a go with that.

There is really no shame about traction control! On gravel surface it just doesn't help you accelerate when your wheels spin all the time, the traction control really helps there. Yes, you can also control it with the throttle, but not every one is a Rallye Racer and it takes even more practice. TCS is the smarter choice then.

And on your brake balance, i prefer a bias to the front, because i prefer oversteer on corner entries in rallye cars. Understeering on corner entry costs you deerly in Gr.B cars.

Lol.. Look at the joining date on my profile.
No time, just tell me. Not sure what that would matter. I have joined recently but been playing gran turismo since it came out back in the early 90's or whenever. Not sure if your new or old but I have been playing video games since the late 70's. Maybe pole position was my first race game, on Atari. Not sure if Odyssey had a race game or not. Pick ax pete was the bomb though. Either way it dont effect if its quaint or not. Just sayin, not a big deal either way. It would be more quaint if they did not have a single player option.

No time, just tell me. Not sure what that would matter. I have joined recently but been playing gran turismo since it came out back in the early 90's or whenever. Not sure if your new or old but I have been playing video games since the late 70's. Maybe pole position was my first race game, on Atari. Not sure if Odyssey had a race game or not. Pick ax pete was the bomb though. Either way it dont effect if its quaint or not. Just sayin, not a big deal either way. It would be more quaint if they did not have a single player option.

Yeah... But are you a real GT fan? Take my test to find out
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/big-jimmy’s-gt-sport-quiz.384612/

Yeah... But are you a real GT fan? Take my test to find out
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/big-jimmy’s-gt-sport-quiz.384612/
I am not a real GT fan(I thought you meant the real life sport), but I will take the test. Hold on. Right off the bat I dont have an adequate answer to fit me. For a dupe car what I do is nothing. Alot(almost all) of the time I dont even know if its a duplicate and I have never deleted a car but number one best fits my reaction even though I would not delete the car. But I'm picking number 1.

Well I got 14 points but most of my real answers were not listed so I went with the closest one, which in some cases was not even close at all.

Hi there.

I almost have full gold in Mission Challenge after 6 months of joyful driving. HOWEVER the Nighttime Rally: Mission Challenge 4-6 is impossible. I have tried 50 times with many different settings, but I end up as number 2 every time. Is there a problem with this particular challenge? Perhaps someone has a piece of advice.

Thanks

L
Hi,

I just created an account here to tell the world that this challenge is a real „b.... ah women who does things for payment“ but it’s doable. 50:50 on 4WD, -3 towards Front, TC=0 , corners on the insight, bumps after the jump taken on the right side (last one to be cut from left towards the inside which helps in the small straight afterwards) careful on the pedal in the last left / right .... got to 1st place in the last corner.... I was almost crying behind the finish line.... took me 2.5h of my life to complete this &$.!/: :grrrrrr

Couldn’t get better than second for a week straight. Changed torque to 50/50, TCS to 1.0 and took first my 2nd attempt. That’s for the torque setting tip!!!

Where do you change the torque settings?
I tried upping the traction control and my times got worse. Turned it off and I'm at least finishing 2nd again.
I'm almost to the point of paying someone to pass this thing for me. I've been at it off and on for months. 63 of 64 gold is ****ing annoying. Most of the other dirt challenges I smoked on the first or second try.

Back