Mission Challenge Stage 8-7 Interlagos Gr.1 30 Minute Endurance Strategy

• Thread starter chimuel
  • 60 comments
United States
Boston, MA
Chimuel
Chimuel
So I have found a repeatable strategy (at least for me) for this challenging mission. After spending a few days learning Interlagos and tackling Stage 8-6, I came up with this!

Car setting pre-race:
  • Manual Transmission
  • Racing Soft
  • TCS - 3
  • ASM - ON
  • ABS - Default
  • Fuel Map - 1, did not change this at all
Target Times:
  • Fast 1:20:xxx
  • Medium 1:22:xxx
  • Slow 1:24:xxx

Desired Position:
  • 3rd place by start of this lap 7
  • 1st place just past pits by lap 8
  • 1st place in lap 14 with 6 secs or more lead time in front of 2nd
  • 1st place in lap 19 through the end of race
Pit Strategy:
  • End of Lap 7, 3rd Place - RS, Full Tank from 0.0~0.1%, should exit pits at 6th or 5th place
  • End of Lap 14, 1st Place - RS, Full Tank from 0.2~0.4%, you should exit pits at 4th place

With this strategy I was around 10 secs ahead of 2nd place around lap 19 which should give you a comfortable position through the end of the race, just keep the pace above 1:24:xxx/lap from there and you should be good.

Below I am just going off my memory but I have saved my replay just in case someone has more questions.

Turn Gears:
  • T1 - 2nd, roughly 65mph in the turn for me, try to brake near the 50 marker, just past if you have fresh tires and just before if they are over 25% worn
  • T2 - entering at 3rd and full throttle, no lift through T3
  • T3 - 3rd->4th->5th by exit of turn I'm full throttle
  • T4 - top end of 6th at the end of the straight leading up to, 3rd through the turn at 80-85mph then hard on throttle as soon as you're straight and no lift through T5
  • T5 - full throttle, shifting up to 5th/6th
  • T6 - small force on brakes, down to 5th gear, dropping speed to 115-120mph, into 4th and 4th flat out through T7
  • T7 - 4th gear, flat out
  • T8 - 2nd gear, I try not to drop below 55mph through here
  • T9 - 2nd gear still, no need to go past 65mph until your car is set straight then it's flat out
  • T10 - 2nd gear, I go wide and hit 45mph minimum at the slowest laps, flat out as soon as you're straight
  • T11 - Flat out, I'm at 5th by the time I get to T12
  • T12 - Hard brakes, 2nd gear, try to go wide and cut the curb on the left, set up so you're straight as soon as possible to get to full throttle as quick as you can
  • T13 through T15 - Flat out, I'm at 7th gear by the time I get to T1.
Screenshots throughout the race:

Last edited:
I just tried this and I still ended up 4th.
I think it's supposed to be lap 8 and 16.
Since when I pitted on the end of 7 I still had another 2.0 left.

I just tried this and I still ended up 4th.
I think it's supposed to be lap 8 and 16.
Since when I pitted on the end of 7 I still had another 2.0 left.
7 and 14 worked for me - it's the tyres rather than the amount of fuel that counts here, your laptime really drops off after 7 laps. I finished 5 seconds ahead of P2 using this strategy.

7 and 14 worked for me - it's the tyres rather than the amount of fuel that counts here, your laptime really drops off after 7 laps. I finished 5 seconds ahead of P2 using this strategy.

Because I was still 20 seconds behind after 14.
I think it varies on the AI too.
Since each one can be different.
As I say this because of 8-5 (Blue Moon) since there have been times where I would never won and then I just won.

I got lucky with this that I managed to win just because leader got stuck behind some slow "AI" and allowed me to catch up.

I got lucky with this that I managed to win just because leader got stuck behind some slow "AI" and allowed me to catch up.

Yeah, that was a big help for me in some of my attempts. The Gr.3 cars were very slow and Gr.1 AI cars didn't know how to pass them even on straights!

I got overtaken on lap 21 by the rocket TS050, nowhere near what I was waiting for. Help?

My strategy paid off perfectly aswell:

- Start the race on RS tires and fuel map 1
- Pit on laps 8 and 16 (your fuel tank will be as good as empty at that point)
- On lap 8 switch to new softs, Completely fill up your tank
- On lap 16 switch to softs and fill up the tank (But get ready to have a tough battle for the lead)
- Stay on fuel map 1 during the entire race and you should win it without much trouble

Let me know if this works for you!

Last edited:
My strategy paid off perfectly aswell:

- Start the race on RS tires and fuel map 1
- Pit on laps 8 and 16 (your fuel tank will be as good as empty at that point)
- On lap 8 switch to new softs, Completely fill up your tank
- On lap 16 switch to Super Softs and fill up the tank (Or switch to softs again if you want to have a hard battle with the 2nd place car for the win)
- Stay on fuel map 1 during the entire race and you should win it without much trouble

Let me know if this works for you!
This worked for me although I could not select Super Softs at all.

This worked for me although I could not select Super Softs at all.

My own strategy was to go for fresh softs on lap 16 because i had such a good pace on them, But then i saw the guy in 2nd place catch up to me like he was high on redbull so i thought he went on super softs for the last couple of laps, I didn't realise you as the player could actually not choose super softs. Because of this assumption i changed the lap 16 tire strategy to super softs.

Guess on lap 16 you will have no other choice but to go for softs then, So get ready to have a tough battle for the lead if you're unlucky

Edit: I changed the tire selection to softs on my strategy post. :)

This is next on my list... If/when I can beat the oval before it?! Anyone have tips for that one? I swear I've run it ten times and can't touch the front two

So I have found a repeatable strategy (at least for me) for this challenging mission. After spending a few days learning Interlagos and tackling Stage 8-6, I came up with this!

Car setting pre-race:
  • Manual Transmission
  • Racing Soft
  • TCS - 3
  • ASM - ON
  • ABS - Default
  • Fuel Map - 1, did not change this at all
Target Times:
  • Fast 1:20:xxx
  • Medium 1:22:xxx
  • Slow 1:24:xxx

Desired Position:
  • 3rd place by start of this lap 7
  • 1st place just past pits by lap 8
  • 1st place in lap 14 with 6 secs or more lead time in front of 2nd
  • 1st place in lap 19 through the end of race
Pit Strategy:
  • End of Lap 7, 3rd Place - RS, Full Tank from 0.0~0.1%, should exit pits at 6th or 5th place
  • End of Lap 14, 1st Place - RS, Full Tank from 0.2~0.4%, you should exit pits at 4th place

With this strategy I was around 10 secs ahead of 2nd place around lap 19 which should give you a comfortable position through the end of the race, just keep the pace above 1:24:xxx/lap from there and you should be good.

Below I am just going off my memory but I have saved my replay just in case someone has more questions.

Turn Gears:
  • T1 - 2nd, roughly 65mph in the turn for me, try to brake near the 50 marker, just past if you have fresh tires and just before if they are over 25% worn
  • T2 - entering at 3rd and full throttle, no lift through T3
  • T3 - 3rd->4th->5th by exit of turn I'm full throttle
  • T4 - top end of 6th at the end of the straight leading up to, 3rd through the turn at 80-85mph then hard on throttle as soon as you're straight and no lift through T5
  • T5 - full throttle, shifting up to 5th/6th
  • T6 - small force on brakes, down to 5th gear, dropping speed to 115-120mph, into 4th and 4th flat out through T7
  • T7 - 4th gear, flat out
  • T8 - 2nd gear, I try not to drop below 55mph through here
  • T9 - 2nd gear still, no need to go past 65mph until your car is set straight then it's flat out
  • T10 - 2nd gear, I go wide and hit 45mph minimum at the slowest laps, flat out as soon as you're straight
  • T11 - Flat out, I'm at 5th by the time I get to T12
  • T12 - Hard brakes, 2nd gear, try to go wide and cut the curb on the left, set up so you're straight as soon as possible to get to full throttle as quick as you can
  • T13 through T15 - Flat out, I'm at 7th gear by the time I get to T1.
Screenshots throughout the race:

This worked after trying many different maps and strats. I think new patch also helped. Pitted lap 8 and 15. won by about 8 seconds. Consistent 1:22s with a couple low to mid 1:21s. Thanks.

Tried again with the 1.05 patch, I had a glimpse of 2nd place but fell to 3rd.

I'm not the fastest driver, my best lap on this so far is a 1:21:xx on RM tires, TC 2. I know this is winnable even with my current pace, but my best run so far had the traffic cost me the +10 seconds that would have put me in 1st place (so I could actually block).

But! Even if I had ran great and was 1st, something happens to the leading few AI out of their final pit stop. They get this miraculous boost in horsepower, meaning, if you weren't already in front of it, you have little chance of catching up (unless you're an amazing driver that can run consistent sub 1:20s). They're just too fast.

I watched my best of 2nd place, 1 second behind 1st as he pulled out of pit, get snatched away. I was even overtaken by the AI behind me WITHOUT DRAFTING on the straight where the pit exits. And then they'll brake slightly later than me, and if I tried to match their braking point I went deep into the corner. Also they'll have the horsepower to be faster than you out of corner into the straight, even drafting them they'll still pull away.

Quite frustrating.

-Edit-
Got Gold my next attempt after that. I had better luck with the traffic, so I had the extra 10 seconds that put me in first place. This Gold felt a lot more meaningful than 8-6 though, glad I'm done with it either way!

Last edited:
This was a bit of a git to do but done with the following strategy.

Start on RM's fuel map 3. Pit a lap later than the leaders. (May have to dip in to fuel map 4 for half a lap). The extra lap helps massively. Stay on RM's but fuel map 1. Next pit stop as you are running out of fuel, again should be a lap later than your rivals. Final stint go for RS's and all out speed keeping fuel map 1. No need to fully fuel. Only put in enough for 6 laps. Should consistently hit 1m 20's or low 21's and should be a comfortable win.

Sorry but cannot remember exactly what lap number to pit on.

This was surprisingly easier than I thought. Kudos to the OP.

To sum it up and simplify, RS, TCS:2, ASM: ON
Fuel Map : 1
Pit at the end of laps 7 & 14. On 7 refuel to to '7.0 Laps', on 14 refuel to 8 to be safe, you should have about a 20 sec lead out of gate.

I was a little to quick and only put 7.0 laps worth of fuel in at 14 and had to make another full lap after the timer was at 10 secs when I crossed the line on lap 21. I had to switch to FM:6 for the last lap and barely made it, still had a 15sec lead.

I had slightly different results, such as being a position or two below the suggested place by X lap. Still finished in 1st place, 2 seconds ahead of second place.

Thanks for the guide. Definitely helped me get the gold for this challenge.

This worked too well for me. I ended up so far ahead I did 22 laps and ran out of fuel! I will try again tomorrow, slightly slower.

This approach is the only one that worked for me. Trying to run lean and 1 pit stop resulted in getting beat by far quicker cars on the last lap

This worked for me today, thanks for tips :)

TCS on 2
ABS default
Fuel on 1 (full power)
Other assists off
Racing soft for start and each pit
Fuel for 7.4 laps
Fuel at end of laps 7 and 14
Finished 1st with .5 laps of fuel left about 12 seconds ahead.

Drive it like you stole it!

Post 1.06 you don't really need a strategy imo, you just need to drive decent laps.
I tried this event again 2 days ago and won by 14 secs, it was way very easy.
Fuel map on 4, pitted in lap 11 or 12 with 1% fuel left, fuel map on 3-4 for the remainder of the race.

Pre patch I cut the chicane 3 times and won by just 2 seconds. The competition is a lot slower now.

Back