Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR 92', 94' and 95' tunes?

• Thread starter Tom Emmott
  • 24 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Tomslipknot1
I couldn't find any anywhere which is understandable as they are quite overlooked models compared to the newer ones but i feel as they are some of the best.
I would appreciate any help. I preferably want track tunes.

The only one of those years I know of is a snow-rally tune, pre-1.09

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fly-me-to-the-moon-tuning-garage.300916/#post-9371720

Theres a few close though

'96 =
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...-a-batch-new-tunes.292731/page-3#post-9283080
'96 =
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-iv-gsr-96.1784/
'99 =
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/thecardboardbox-gt6-tuning-峠touge-湾岸wangan-come-be-a-part-of-our-new-feature-le-garage.292688/page-2#post-9184558
'99 =
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...50-550-600pp-online-only.293305/#post-9082481
'99 =
http://www.missil2064.com.br/index.php?pagina=1570778413_02

Thats all I got for 90's.
You could try a close years tune and use it as a base tune? Might be just a few tweaks here and there if your lucky.
Good luck man

Edit:
Also, if you have a tuner that you have used tunes from in the past and liked them, meaning, they drive kinda like you do, you could always private message them a request, or ask in thier garage?

Thankyou for the help, i wasn't really expecting a respond so soon but that's awesome and i'll be sure to try those out. I'm not a tuner myself so i wouldn't want to mess around with the setup too much but i think the first three Evolutions are similar in comparison and the IV is close also and i tend to use a few tuners which i like off GTPlanet.

No problem man, I just happened to be up having a coffee when I saw your post.
I have a few saved database type links and other lists I have made, makes it easy for me to find hidden tunes.
The only EVO I have tuned personally is the Lancer Evolution X Rally Car, and its tuned for dirt and snow. I might try a few of the normal ones now that I see I have neglected trying them, lol.

I couldn't find any anywhere which is understandable as they are quite overlooked models compared to the newer ones but i feel as they are some of the best.
I would appreciate any help. I preferably want track tunes.
Pick one and I can do some tune for you, set pp/weight what you want.

Okay thanks. :) The Evolution GSR 92' would be great. PP- 500 and the full weight loss package preferably. They are as they have less than 270bhp starting off.

I started the evolution '96 awhile back. Never finished it. More then good enough for say, the intermediate seasonal, but was still not done.
I remember there was some either slide or overload on the front outside tire, and I went hours trying to tune it out. It was slight, barely there at all, but it bothered me.
I went to both ends of the damper spectrum, had the distribution from 56/44, to 50/50, and still couldn't completely get rid of it.
I also had the torque center around 45/55. Which could have been the whole issue, but I ran out of time that day and never went back to it.
I will check it out again tonight, try a more FR set up with the torque. Maybe 35/65 or something like it.

I remember we were going to use some for a FITT event but they were considerably slower than the later models unfortunately
Yeah something like two seconds for the Evo I and a second off pace for II the three was closer less than a second but still far enough off out that I couldn't use them sadly. I would have had to had a fourth group :lol:
@Tom Emmott , @OdeFinn os a very good tuner makes very real handling cars have to drive them like you would IRL if you go all arcade on them his cars have a tendency to crash you :lol:

I remember there was some either slide or overload on the front outside tire, and I went hours trying to tune it out. It was slight, barely there at all, but it bothered me.
Small driver dependant coloring on outer front too, actually not bad, but have to test with tyre wear on later, now just quick offline runs, Nordschleife SH/noABS and SS/noABS 7:40/7:20.. Not a online rocket but good to drive, he asked track setup so 24:76 center lock works fine. LSD on front gives kick as like you have bigger ratio on front, but no unwanted understeer or oversteer, lifting throttle on corner entry and purposely body move and there you go on sideways, also kicks rear in middle corner if you really try and do quick throttle kicking. Basically answers all calls what you want from 4wd. :)

While waiting for the Devils to wake up;

#Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96
540HP Power 100% Unlimited
Ride 96/96
Spring 6.33/5.40
Chassis 4/3, 3/4, 4/4
Camber ZERO
Toe ZERO
Brake 5/5
LSD 5/8, 7/14, 5/14
Torque 10:90
Transmission Default
Downforce 0/20
ABS1

#Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II GSR '94
528HP Power 100% Unlimited
Ride 110/110
Spring 6.80/5.20
Chassis 2/2, 4/4, 3/3
Camber ZERO
Toe ZERO
Brake 5/5
LSD 5/8, 5/13, 5/14
Torque 13/87
Transmission Default
ABS1

Last edited:
I started the evolution '96 awhile back. Never finished it. More then good enough for say, the intermediate seasonal, but was still not done.
I went to both ends of the damper spectrum, had the distribution from 56/44, to 50/50, and still couldn't completely get rid of it.
I also had the torque center around 45/55. Which could have been the whole issue, but I ran out of time that day and never went back to it.
I will check it out again tonight, try a more FR set up with the torque. Maybe 35/65 or something like it.

Haha, I feel u man. Been there, done that.
Just after been thru all those days, I've finally decided;

1. There's so many 4WD Cars don't come with the Torque Split. That I have No Choice to use the 4WD Mode all the time.
2. When 4WD Cars have an option of a Torque Split; I believe they want to be handle like FR car. So, I 'shortcut' to 10:90 straight away; just to make sure one of the side must have MOST of Torque. To my experience; it helps a lot in TT. (Of Coz; not always work with all cars)

When 4WD Cars have an option of a Torque Split; I believe they want to be handle like FR car. So, I 'shortcut' to 10:90 straight away; just to make sure one of the side must have MOST of Torque. To my experience; it helps a lot in TT. (Of Coz; not always work with all cars)

I know what your saying, man, it does go smoother tuning that way.But, tuning a 4wd into an FR is what I call 'the easy way out'.
Not saying I won't do it, or haven't, especially if I have trouble on a 4wd only seasonal, I have whipped up something just to grab tbe gold, get my money, and run ^^
BUT, this to me is almost sacrilegious as far as tuning goes.
The 4wd, when closer to the 50/50 end, has this awesome jump, a 'plant+grip+zoom' right after the mid corner when your heading back into a straight, that FR cars can only dream of. To throw away an advantage such as this almost brings me to tears.
The issue however is getting rid of natural understeer and tire-hopping/slides that come with the 50/50 package. On some cars, you just can't do it, so you have to settle for a middle ground.
But one student to another, take my advice, start at the 50/50 end, and work backwards from there. If you manage to get the car to handle well at around 45/55, or 40/60, you will thank yourself by still retaining the 4wd 'plant' ability. Once you hit 30/70, you might as well just go get an FR car, because you pretty much just lost all advantage of having a drive on all 4 wheels.

I'm still working on the '96, as well as about 5 or 6 other projects, lol.
And the new seasonal races are a day away, and that will require my attention as well.
But I AM working on it.

Well, here, let me do this;
I will post what I have so far. Its tuned for SS tires, but I threw it on SH and destroyed the mid-seasonal with it. But that front outside I mentioned earlier still bothers me, and you have to brake correctly (straight line brake from high speeds before turning).
I don't think I changed the oil, but if nothing matches up I would give it a shot, lol

Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96
Suspension in game order;
115/105
5.50/9.50
4/6
8/3
3/6
0.0/0.7
-0.15/-0.08
Br= 6/7
TD-center= 40/60
LSD;
9/7
13/10
12/15
Power;
(100%)
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Sports Catalytic
High RPM turbo
Body;
I added a wing, aero = 10
Weight = 45kg @ 50
All weight Reduction done.
Transmission;
Final gear maxed
Auto 112mph
1: 2.670
2: 1.900
3: 1.475
4: 1.210
5: 1.020
6: 0.880
Final to 3.850 (was set for Deep Forrest)

Edit:
OdeFinn, I will check that out and let you know how it goes. Got a lot on my plate today. Might be able to get some play time in tonight.

Easy way out? Err, 4WD used to be the Easy ones, that's why most 4WD is Race Rightaway Cars.
Perhaps, in previous GT with proper Camber.
GT6 is a whole another story. Let see if Toe setting can help on this.

Edit: Student to Student? No, I never attend classes in Hell :) with a Devil.

Last edited:
Back