Mixed Race with Gr.3 & Gr.4

• Thread starter Ollyfurr
  • 9 comments
HI all

I wanted some guidance or advice on how to run a race with Gr.3 & 4 on same grid but wasnt sure if applied I BOP it would level the playing field across the whole grid or independently on the two Cats racing?

Aim is to have a race wth my mates but each team ( pair) has a Gr.3 and Gr.4 n the race but i dont wont BOP putting Gr.3 and gr.4 at same level

hope this makes sense...

HI all

I wanted some guidance or advice on how to run a race with Gr.3 & 4 on same grid but wasnt sure if applied I BOP it would level the playing field across the whole grid or independently on the two Cats racing?

Aim is to have a race wth my mates but each team ( pair) has a Gr.3 and Gr.4 n the race but i dont wont BOP putting Gr.3 and gr.4 at same level

hope this makes sense...
All the ones I have raced have the BOP split up be class. That levels the playing field inside the class but doesn't lower the higher class to the lower ones level. There is almost always a GR.1 or GR.2 with GR.3 race posted in the race section (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gts-online-racing-leagues.427/). Try looking at some of their examples how they set them up. @El_Beardo just ran one Friday night with GR.2 and GR.3.

If you apply the in game BoP, the game will lock it to a single class. So, you have three options.

1. Run all cars at 100% weight, and power.
2. Use the in game BoP, but set lobby settings to "BoP off" and get people to adjust the percentage themselves.
3. Figure out your own BoP (this is a pain in the arse) and get people to adjust the percentages to match what you state.

2, and 3, require you to trust the people you're racing with. That said, you can check the BoP in lobby, to make sure they're all correct.

If you apply the in game BoP, the game will lock it to a single class. So, you have three options.

2. Use the in game BoP, but set lobby settings to "BoP off" and get people to adjust the percentage themselves.
3. Figure out your own BoP (this is a pain in the arse) and get people to adjust the percentages to match what you state.

2, and 3, require you to trust the people you're racing with. That said, you can check the BoP in lobby, to make sure they're all correct.
El Beardo - I am currently working on challenging you for the beardiest member . . .
197838568_326529232519434_3486062452835108608_n.jpg

#3 suggested by El Beardo is the most accurate way to make it work, but as stated it's the most admin - you'll have to test all the cars that will be used and set the power/weight ratios to achieve roughly the same lap times. We regularly do this but have two classes and balance the 3 or 4 cars in each class using power/weight settings - but then we're often doing a two-class split (so Gr.4 and Gr.2 on one grid). Bear in mind you'll probably need to spend a load of mileage points getting each of the Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars to the top/bottom of their power and weight limits to properly balance the field.

Back