Mixed Reality Video: Porsche 911 Carrera S at Vallelunga

Obviously, the goal of this video is to match the same pace and lap-time in AC with his "real life" lap, he decreases intentionally the pace in Assetto Corsa to match the video (I can do 4" faster with the standard setup of the 911s and no aids, and I'm not a hardcore player, maybe others could do even 8" faster in AC...)

I can understand that going faster in RL would be too risky with an expensive car like that and I surely couldn't go faster than him in RL, but as a careful lap it's a good video to see. I'm very jealous of him for that great experience :)

In my opinion, the thing that AC should include (as an option) to get closer to the real life is to cheat some speed visual effects in order to increase the feeling of speed and acceleration to match the feeling in RL, as he describes in a comment of the video : "I was overwhelmed by the force this thing accelerates because I never experienced this before and even though I´m used to speeds like that in real life and in-game I wasn´t used too how quickly you can gain speed."

Maybe, it should be more perceptible that feel of power and acceleration in AC.

Last edited:
Maybe, it should be more perceptible that feel of power and acceleration in AC.

On PC a least, you can adjust how much G-forces and shaking will affect the driver's eye camera, as well as total freedom on field of view and camera and seat position. They play a big role with your perception, I'm not sure how many of these options are available on console, nor how limited the settings are if they do have these features.

On PC a least, you can adjust how much G-forces and shaking will affect the driver's eye camera, as well as total freedom on field of view and camera and seat position. They play a big role with your perception, I'm not sure how many of these options are available on console, nor how limited the settings are if they do have these features.

I think that those settings aren't not on console yet.

Do you think those effects are positive in the feel of speed or you turn on once and after a test you turn it off again ?
I was thinking maybe more in a radial/blur visual effect than in a shake/vibrations.

Blur and speed visual feeling in Project Cars are not bad in my opinion.

Latest Posts

Back