Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

P.S. That Volvo at the Station Hairpin! 👍👍 Almost worth being back in the pack to watch that.

It was a bit tight there.. One time I came in behind Melon in the skyline (which is also huge) and she was braking a bit earlier than i expected, so i bumped in to her.. was so close that that ship of a skyline didn't make it round the turn after that...

Oh yes, I find that I have to brake a bit early in that old Skyline. (or else it's worse :eek:)

I must say though that @amarynceos did very well in that Skyline at nurb! I was amazed that he was keeping up for awhile with cars I know to be faster and easier to drive! :lol:

Why not just come to the forum?
I mean you don't have to do anything special to just sign up & post when you want to race.
Like you don[' need to be a big geek like me and read endless threads about nonsense in the rumble strip and the "cars in general" sections. :lol:

I suppose people have their reasons. Obviously no matter how nice, or informative or friendly a forum might be, it's not right for everyone.

We'll see if I get a response today.

RESULTS
Thursday 16 January 2014
Series 1, Event 2

1. goldtrophy.gif
    LongbowX (LongbowX) (82 pts)
  2. silvertrophy.gif
    Phouchg (xNikodemusx) (79 pts)
  3. bronzetrophy.gif
    KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) (73 pts)
  4. JLBowler (jlbowler) (68 pts, 4 wins)
  5. HusamOne (HusamOne) (68 pts, 2 podiums)
  6. CC570 (cc570) (68 pts, 1 podium)
  7. amarynceos (amarynceos) (57 pts)
  8. temuster (temuster) (52 pts)
  9. watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n) (50 pts, 1 podium)
  10. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) (50 pts)
  11. John Wells (johnwells69) (44 pts)
  12. jackargent (jackargent) (40 pts)
  13. Jonsey80 (mr_jones80) (34 pts)
  14. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) (26 pts)
  15. TheConzio (theconzio) (25 pts)
  16. ryzno (ryzno) (15 pts)
Race #1: 1 laps @ Special Stage Route 7

IMG_2420.jpg

Post-Race Penalties:
TheConzio
2 pts penalty for failure to make contact concessions after rear-clipping JLBowler, causing a crash of JLBowler, LongbowX (and perhaps temuster also)

Race #2: 4 laps @ Tsukuba

Penalty Assessed Official Results
  1. LongbowX (LongbowX)
  2. jackargent (jackargent)
  3. Jonsey80 (mr_jones80)
  4. Phouchg (xNikodemusx)
  5. CC570 (cc570)
  6. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling)
  7. John Wells (johnwells69)
  8. TheConzio (theconzio)
  9. watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n)
  10. HusamOne (HusamOne)
  11. JLBowler (jlbowler)
  12. amarynceos (amarynceos)
  13. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat)
IMG_2421.jpg

Post-Race Penalties:
The Conzio -
Position moved as post-race concession for failure to make contact concession to John Wells after bump passing.
1 pt penalty for dive bombing the inside & hitting jackargent, & failing to make contact concession

Race #3: 3 laps @ Silverstone Stowe (08:00 / 45) (W: 100% / 60 / 100%)

1. JLBowler (jlbowler)
  2. Jonsey80 (mr_jones80)
  3. HusamOne (HusamOne)
  4. amarynceos (amarynceos)
  5. CC570 (cc570)
  6. temuster (temuster)
  7. daddyo845 (daddy-o845)
  8. TheConzio (theconzio)
  9. Phouchg (xNikodemusx)
  10. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling)
  11. LongbowX (LongbowX)
  12. watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n)
  13. jackargent (jackargent)
  14. John Wells (johnwells69) - DQ
IMG_2424.jpg

Post-Race Penalties:
John Wells
DQ - wrong car
TheConzio -
Position demoted as post-race concession for failure to make contact concession after bump passing daddyo845
1 pt penalty for failure to make contact concession after riding temuster's car through a turn pushing it off to the outside
1 pt penalty concession for failure to make contact concession after bumping amarynceos twice and keeping the pass
1 pt additional penalty for excessive recklessness and repeated flouting of rules in a single race

Race #4: 1 laps @ Nürburgring Nordschleife (08:00 / 45) (W: 25% / 30 / 20%)

1. LongbowX (LongbowX)
  2. Phouchg (xNikodemusx)
  3. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat)
  4. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling)
  5. watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n)
  6. Jonsey80 (mr_jones80)
  7. amarynceos (amarynceos)
  8. HusamOne (HusamOne)
  9. John Wells (johnwells69)
  10. temuster (temuster)
  11. daddyo845 (daddy-o845)
  12. CC570 (cc570)
  13. JLBowler (jlbowler)
  14. TheConzio (theconzio)
  15. jackargent (jackargent)
IMG_2426.jpg

Post-Race Penalties:
watermelonpunch
1 pt penalty for failure to make concession after failure to hold line through turn & bumping KingKlingeling
TheConzio
Moved to below JLBowler as post-race concession for failure to make contact concession after bump passing
1 pt penalty for failure to make contact concession after pushing CC570 off track
1 pt penalty for failure to make contact concession after bump passing daddyo845
2 pt penalty for repeated incidents of inappropriate blocking and failing to hold line in a turn when aside car had substantial over lap - including to JLBowler (2Xs), CC570 (2Xs), and daddyo845
1 pt additional penalty for excessive recklessness and repeated flouting of rules in a single race
daddyo845
1pt penalty for bump passing TheConzio (with the understanding that this escalated because of inappropriate blocking - but retaliation is also inappropriate)

Race #5: 3 laps @ Cote d’Azur

IMG_2428.jpg

Race #6: 4 laps @ Eiger NordWand Short track (W: 75% / 50 / 50%)
IMG_2431.jpg

Post-Race Penalties:
Race Incident involving several cars, determined to probably be due to the concertina effect, the tightness of the track, & weather conditions.
No penalties assessed.

Race #7: 3 laps @ Deep Forest Reverse

1. temuster (temuster)
  2. HusamOne (HusamOne)
  3. John Wells (johnwells69)
  4. LongbowX (LongbowX)
  5. daddyo845 (daddy-o845)
  6. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling)
  7. Phouchg (xNikodemusx)
  8. CC570 (cc570)
  9. ryzno (ryzno)
  10. amarynceos (amarynceos)
  11. jackargent (jackargent)
  12. TheConzio (theconzio)
  13. watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n)
  14. JLBowler (jlbowler)
IMG_2434.jpg

Post-Race Penalties:
TheConzio -
1 pt penalty for failure to make contact concession to cc570 after rear-clipping
1 pt penalty for inappropriate excessive blocking movements on lap 2 involving cc570, KingKlingeling, LongbowX, daddyo845,
1 pt penalty for diving back into traffic after an off-road excursion, in a situation where this could've been easily avoided
1 pt penalty for nose-clipping ryzno & failing to make contact concession
1 pt penalty for squeezing in to inappropriately block amarynceos, & ryzno
Moved in the results as a post-race concession to jackargent because of failure to make contact concession
1 pt penalty again for failure to make contact concession to ryzno
1 pt penalty again for pushing amarynceos off track, and failure to make contact concession

Race #8: 1 laps @ Special Stage Route X

IMG_2435.jpg

Post-Race Penalties:
daddyo845
1pt penalty - caused race incident toward end of race, nose-clipping Phouchg, who then hit into TheConzio as a result.
Note: I realize in the race it was probably unlikely that daddyo845 even knew that his movement was the initial cause of the accident.

Thursday Series #1 Points Standings

1. LongbowX (LongbowX) (141 pts)
  2. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) (124 pts)
  3. temuster (temuster) (96 pts)
  4. HusamOne (HusamOne) (89 pts)
  5. watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n) (83 pts)
  6. Jonsey80 (mr_jones80) (81 pts)
  7. John Wells (johnwells69) (80 pts)
  8. Phouchg (xNikodemusx) (79 pts)
  9. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) (78 pts)
  10. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) (74 pts)
  11. JLBowler (jlbowler) (68 pts)
  12. CC570 (cc570) (68 pts)
  13. amarynceos (amarynceos) (57 pts)
  14. LeoStrop (LeoStrop) (47 pts)
  15. ryzno (ryzno) (46 pts)
  16. jackargent (jackargent) (40 pts)
  17. TheConzio (theconzio) (25 pts)
  18. DownStyle (Downstyle) (6 pts)

Aww you're just too fast for me Longbow.. although I probably should have gotten more points in monaco as I did pass you guys going out on lap 2.. and then decided to drive straight in to the wall ^^ Would have had a shot at not just you guys but the guys you passed in the end of the race too. :P So yeah I'm my usual self making stupid mistakes. :D

Hey @watermelonpunch , I've finally bought that mustard yellow colour again, might have to start using it on just about every car to keep up the traditions.

I think your yellow color looks awesome phouchg. I also know how you feel I make stupid mistakes that often screw my race up too. I'm just glad I don't usually screw someone else up when I make my huge mistakes. I need to stop making these mistakes because I feel like I could do better against you guys if I got rid of these mistakes. I don't think I'm horrible and I feel as though I'm of similar skill as some of you but I keep ruining my own races. I have a lot of fun anyway. It's not about winning its about having fun. It is nice to win of course. :D You can't deny that fact.

Oh come on longbow. You're better than me. That's not saying much :lol:. I'm kidding you are better than me and you are one of the best in the shuffle group. I'm not bad, but I'm not great at least I don't think I'm that great. I can race clean I feel a lot of the times I do poorly its my own fault and I wreck a lot.

:lol:
I know, @doodlemonoply AND @LongbowX (and several other fast people) are on my PSN friends list. :scared:
I can't do a time trial without seeing tons of blue lines go shooting out ahead & disappearing beyond my line of sight. :grumpy:

Speaking of which, I was doing some career stuff today to maybe get some credits worked back up after my shopping spree &tried one of those Coffee Break things... the drift trial.
:rolleyes:
I couldn't even make bronze. In fact, bronze was 2,300 pts or something... and I was getting 285. :ill:
I can't knock down the cones either.

And I think there's only been 2 seasonal time trials I made silver. :lol:

Sorry guys, about all the incidences that I made. I was just way too tired to be careful on the track (I almost fell asleep during race intermissions, and missed most of the conversations)

And as it's been stated to me, I can't participate anymore. Have fun on the tracks! :gtpflag:

For drifting (like crazy drifting, smoke everywhere), do you use a DS3?

I found it much easier. May be worth a shake.

@TheConzio , I would suggest if you are too tired to drive carefully, it is likely you are too tired to race online with others. Get some rest, good luck.

Last edited:
I must say though that @amarynceos did very well in that Skyline at nurb! I was amazed that he was keeping up for awhile with cars I know to be faster and easier to drive! :lol:

That Skyline actually handled way better on the 'ring than I thought it would! It didn't hurt that I've been a bit obsessed with that track since GT4, and have done literally thousands of laps (used to help run a thread devoted to the Nordschleife at GameFAQs, years ago). Not that all those laps seem to prevent me from stuffing it up right before Brunnchen, though -- the Skyline really plows badly in those downhill sections. :crazy: And chugs up the uphill ones XD.

Also, yeah. Drifting can kiss my 🤬🤬. I actually got a nice fat goose egg when I tried one of those coffee breaks. Full respect to the skill it takes, but it is just not my cup of tea.

Yes thanks. What you expect to me to know all of the sections off the track just off memory :rolleyes:. I'm kidding but yeah it gets tricky heading into brunchenn and the areas after it with a boat of a car

Yeah, I knew I was doomed when that little car kept filling up my mirrors no matter how hard I pushed. o_O;

Anyhoo, time to get to know the Autozam for tomorrow's opener. Only driven it once and it was fun -- when it was pointed forward, that is!

@LongbowX I know what it feels like to have to have a lot of fast friends on your friendslist, really humbling. ^^ But you're great compared to the "normal" GTP user.

I was expecting the Volvo to do pretty good on the ring, because of the fast nature and not a lot of sharp turns. Thought that would be perfect for it.. forgot to check how it faired though, did it do good? :P

I was really surprised with the autozam driving it on eiger in the rain. the oversteer felt really progressive and easy to handle. In testing I thought it was more on and off and just surprised you at times. So looking forward to driving it tonight.

Back