Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Well yeah I haven't had any problems with gt6 online but you are probably right it is probably psn. I've seen many others have problems with gt6 online though

Just wanted to throw this out here, since many here will have purchased the BMW 135i Coupe '07 for this club...

Zero Cup: no-tuning club
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/zero-cup-no-tuning-club.294976/

Monday 3/2/2014 at 8pm GMT

BMW 135i Coupé '07 - Comfort Soft
Silverstone International (9:00 - random weather): 15 laps
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit (15:00 - random weather): 21 laps
Grand Valley East: 15 laps
Traction Control is allowed I believe. (It's disallowed when the Zero Cup runs vintage cars - because they didn't have that.)
Don't worry about signing up to the reserve list, because not everyone participates every week it seems. So there's a good chance peeps can make it in. (For example, I can't make it every week.)
I did the Lotus Elan event last week and it was very good. 👍

Hey, thanks for advertising for me. :cheers:
I confirm, the TCS will be allowed. Watch out, though, these races could be full of drama as the 135i could really do with Sports Hard... Unless I end up on my own on the grid...

Keep an eye on the other events as well! :P

EDIT: note that my friends list is not as full as Watermelon's so I keep my lobby private. If you want to join, send me a friend request.

I think the 135i handles pretty nicely regardless the tires. It's just a nice handling car.
We're running it on Sports Mediums - but really just because we have a lot of handful cars in the line-up for mixed model racing, & to even them out. But frankly I think putting cars on comfort softs is preferable to sports hards. Well, I just don't like Sports hards. I didn't in GT5, and it's not as bad in GT6... but the problem is still there to me... that it seems like the tires are better than they are or something, and then you get surprised. :scared: At least on comfort softs, you know what you're in for from the get-go. :lol:

I definitely like the 135i a lot. It maneuvers quite nicely and it's quick. It's fun to see how hard you can push that car

Luxury Cars
the line up - pending order adjustments

1. Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07
  2. Chrysler 300C '05
  3. Infiniti G35 Coupe '06
  4. Audi S4 '03
  5. Jaguar S-Type R '02
  6. Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) '02
  7. BMW 135i Coupe '07
  8. Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG '08
  9. Jaguar XFR '10
  10. BMW Z8 '01
  11. Maserati GranTurismo S '08
  12. BMW M3 Coupe '07
  13. Aston Martin Vanquish '04
  14. Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
  15. Lexus IS F '07

I'm still looking people that would be willing to test some (or all) of these cars on another track.
We've had GVER, Motegi East, Deep Forest, Laguna Seca, Trial Mountain, & Suzuka East.

In particular, I'd like someone to run specifically, these cars especially:

Jaguar S-Type R '02
Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) '02
BMW 135i Coupe '07
Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG '08
Jaguar XFR '10

I'd be most interested in tests of those cars on Cape Ring (any of them) and/or Spa. But I'll take any track that hasn't been tested on yet!!!
If you can do even those 5 cars on a track, please post your times here or send me a PM.

I honestly feel that cape ring and spa are very good test tracks. They have speed sections they test acceleration and cornering. My problem with them is that I may not be consistent enough to run those tracks. I could give em a shot if you want me to. I just don't know if I'll have the time

I might run them tomorrow in the morning. I think the 135i will be the bummer car in that order. It's fantastic, but it's cornering speed is its trump card...which it will lose in actual racing. Still, would be interesting to find out around Spa.

@daddyo845 -
@watermelonpunch -
Are either of you free to run some laps in an on-line lobby?

We could run some of the luxury motors at Cape Ring or somewhere else and earn a few credits?

Or is your PSN connections still acting up?

GTsail

Ill buy the luxury cars and join if yall open a lobby. I drag raced around 4-5pm est with no problems.
Edit: I have them.

Ill buy the luxury cars and join if yall open a lobby.
Edit: I have them.

Ryzno - Of the tracks Melon mentioned, do you have any preferences?

I'll send you an FR and perhaps we can run a few test laps on the same track and get a few credits.:)

GTsail

I'm preparing dinner, and then eating dinner. My going on tonight is probably slim chances.
But I'll say if that changes.
I'm not at home right now so I won't be able to so that. Sorry :(. Maybe some other time.
Now when I'm out in public and see young people staring into their phones, I will imagine them posting to GTPlanet forum. :lol:
I use Stowe for testing.
I've used Stow 100% weather for testing. :eek:
I'm not necessarily recommending that.
But I'll take my test times where I can get them. 💡
I might run them tomorrow in the morning.
Why are you not racing with us in the morning? :odd: :lol:
Or is your PSN connections still acting up?
I haven't tried since 4pm US EST this afternoon - at that time it was still impossible to open a lobby, or maintain a connection to PSN for more than a little while at a time.
These messages are being posted on the wrong page :boggled:
Are you trying to mess with me? :odd: :lol:
I think you're right!:lol:
No I meant to post it here, to solicit extra help for people who are signed up here, but haven't been following the Time Trials thread.

Alright my apologies. That's is so true though I've been posting a lot on this forum with my phone. It's convenient, I've got the forum on the go.

I have been posting on the wrong thread because you guys have been posting on the wrong thread. We're all at fault here :cheers:. I'm kidding though, I didn't know your original intentions for posting about testing on the luxury cars.

I meant earlier in the morning than that, heh. I'm considering that though, it sounds like fun.

:guilty: I usually have just enough time to have coffee before booting up the room.
coffee.gif

Yes I did think of it. But the nature of this club... I really just didn't think it was an important aspect worth the time.
You know what I mean?
Especially since generally I pick a LONG track for the opening race... because those are usually more suitable to 1-make races.

Also...
It would make more work, settings changes, and stuff to juggle for the host. :eek:
(And we all know what that could lead to! lol :ouch:)

Back