Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Yes I did think of it. But the nature of this club... I really just didn't think it was an important aspect worth the time.
You know what I mean?
Especially since generally I pick a LONG track for the opening race... because those are usually more suitable to 1-make races.
yeah , I know what you mean !
just thought it was cool today with the qualifying ! And not only because I had the pole :-)

I think it would be better if it was just a random order for everyone in the first (it's not). I tend to start in last for the first one make, and while I generally do alright it's not always "fair" I guess? (Especially in a field of 16) I don't think it can be fair though... Qualifying generally leads to less chaos because of similar drivers with each other. I don't think it's necessary but wouldn't be opposed to its inclusion either. I remember you doing it in GT5, and I think it worked okay (and you did okay with the switching too. :lol:).

I will attempt to be there on Tuesday, we'll see. I'd like to see the first go at the Luxury List.

Yeah I've done it, but with this there's just so much to juggle. :boggled: :scared: :nervous:
And so many races to do (because they're short) that I've got my nose in the settings menu a lot.
You should see my notes for each event. :lol: :boggled:
I mean not that I'm complaining but I have my limits (to my ability to manage it all).

The thing is, when you do a race qualifier with "race alone" setting... you have to reset the settings twice.
The first time you have to set it with qualifier race together. Then wait, then reset the settings to practice/race.
Otherwise you wind up racing alone for the 2nd race. :boggled:
Maybe someone can test that since the update... but I didn't hear that was fixed.

I always start in back. I never have a chance to warm up either because I've got to be checking everything. So I'm always starting in the back for the first race with no practice because I usually don't even make it onto the track.
That's why I INSIST upon the reset race. It was worse when I was put waaaaaay back on the grid. :rolleyes: :lol:

I've actually thought - well maybe we could do a qualifier instead of the reset race. But the fact is, I always do the reset race before everybody arrives. And you know I don't want to get haughty about people being a few minutes late. You know what I mean?

I know, I understand. It is a lot to juggle.

I didn't know about that glitch, that's a strange one. Worth a re-test...

I understand the reason for the reset race too...I wouldn't want you to start at the back. It usually actually benefits the people who come in late though, the people in the reset race start at the back in the spec race.

Thursday 16 January - Thursday Series 1 Event 2
Nürburgring Nordschleife

2014-01-16-mmshufnurb00.jpg

Mmmmm mustards... :lol:

2014-01-16-mmshufnurb01.jpg

Honda s800 is fantastic at the Nurb!!

2014-01-16-mmshufnurb02.jpg

Right turn at Aremberg
Very popular beach spot. :lol:

2014-01-16-mmshufnurb03.jpg

2014-01-16-mmshufnurb04.jpg

2014-01-16-mmshufnurb06.jpg

2014-01-16-mmshufnurb07.jpg

You had to get the shot of me going off the track :lol:. You made it up with that shot of me dodging the autozam. I think that was bowler?

@LongbowX That's not true! I know becuase remember I mistook your car for being black. ^^
So you had to be in that picture.
But maybe it's just because I tend to gravitate the photomode toward brightly coloured cars, cars smoking tires, or spinning. ;) And you're not in a car like that doing those things. :lol:

You must be in ONE of the pics though in the OP.

I do know that @John Wells was in that beautiful orange Spitfire on Deep Forest, and @HusamOne was in that spiffy blue 500 Lounge at Deep Forest. :D
I also really liked HusamOne's blue Autozam at Stowe! It really stood out in the rain! :)
@CC570 had his cars painted a nice gray. It really was appealing on the Copen & Skyline.

Here we go - banner from the OP.
The pic on the right... Me in the Skyline, @HusamOne (blue Spider), and @LongbowX in the Mini Marcos.
so you did make it into a background. :lol: :lol: :lol:
mmshuff014-jpg.101856

And now you see - Husamone makes it into a LOT of pics - must be the bright blue...
(Or the fact that he's been in most of the races so far. He's been in more races for points than anyone else besides me.)

@LongbowX That's not true! I know becuase remember I mistook your car for being black. ^^
So you had to be in that picture.
But maybe it's just because I tend to gravitate the photomode toward brightly coloured cars, cars smoking tires, or spinning. ;) And you're not in a car like that doing those things. :lol:

You must be in ONE of the pics though in the OP.

Yes, I think that was my first event in GT6. :lol: It seems a long time ago now. And that is true...I like my subtle looking cars. Classy. :embarrassed: It's alright if that's not your thing though and you like gaud...I mean bright coloured cars.

I'm actually in the left OP banner picture too, the Civic on the inside track. However that is usually how I appear in the pictures, like this:

I'm the PAO way back there. :P

I'm not complaining though, haha. I can always take my own pictures. And I did, I'll work on them sometime soon and post a little smorgasbord.

Guess I should keep painting my cars verde countach then. Too bad I decided to go with French racing blue for the luxury cars. @HusamOne that's not the color of your cars is it because I don't want to be a copy cat. If it is ill repaint my cars. @LongbowX whats wrong with bright colored cars :irked: You probably really hate the color of my car then. I just really like green is there something wrong with that?

If it's not French Blue it's close. I thought maybe it was the French Blue you could get with the Lotus Elan, but I'm not sure.

I do like the brightly coloured cars though. ha ha

But I also like dark metallics on the cars with silver trim. :)

@LongbowX whats wrong with bright colored cars :irked: You probably really hate the color of my car then. I just really like green is there something wrong with that?

That was more of a joke, there's nothing wrong with brightly coloured cars. Just because I don't choose it for myself doesn't mean I hold it against anyone else. :lol:

I used to paint my cars a pearlescent purple with light copper coloured wheels.

EDIT:

@watermelonpunch Some really great shots at SSRX. Gorgeous lighting.

Official list...

Luxury

1. Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07
  2. Chrysler 300C '05
  3. Infiniti G35 Coupe '06
  4. Audi S4 '03
  5. BMW 135i Coupe '07
  6. Jaguar S-Type R '02
  7. Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG '08
  8. Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) '02
  9. Jaguar XFR '10
  10. BMW Z8 '01
  11. Maserati GranTurismo S '08
  12. BMW M3 Coupe '07
  13. Aston Martin Vanquish '04
  14. Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
  15. Lexus IS F '07
Sports Medium Tires

:D I really didn't wanna start a discuss about the qualifying :cheers:
this was just my thoughts .
I'm also a big fan of the false start check , cause I can hold my car with my fly off handbrake at the line and reving the engine like ken block :D
but I'm totally satisfied the way it is and really looking forward to the luxury list , cause with that list It's time for some throttle control and I guess we see a lot of drift pictures and tandem drifts in the near future :lol:

I really like how the luxury list is... I have most of the cars off it.
You won't know which ones on the list you'll need to use... so you may need them all...
If you're short on credits, I suggest buying the cars in the order starting at the top. Of course number 12+ are the lesser used cars because we don't always have more than 12 drivers in a race.
:D I really didn't wanna start a discuss about the qualifying :cheers:
this was just my thoughts .
I'm also a big fan of the false start check , cause I can hold my car with my fly off handbrake at the line and reving the engine like ken block :D
but I'm totally satisfied the way it is and really looking forward to the luxury list , cause with that list It's time for some throttle control and I guess we see a lot of drift pictures and tandem drifts in the near future :lol:
That's fine. I like to hear suggestions.
And I don't mind explaining why I set things the way I do - because there's usually a reason. Or two. lol

With the false start check..
- I don't like how it ghosts people in a penalty - kind of how I don't like the penalty on because of the ghosting - I wish all the penalties simply added time at the end of the race & adjusted the finishing position. *sigh* (I find ghosting very distracting)
- I'm often fiddling & looking at lists, having a sip of coffee or fruit punch, or getting comfortable in my seat, while the countdown to the race starts :guilty: and I like to not need to be on the brake. (Again, it's an issue of time - I have little when I'm hosting)
- In such short races, a small thing like forgetting to hold the brake or not holding it down properly, can put someone way back with no hope of catching up. It's not just a disappointment for that person, but also can disappoint their competition.

The scheduling is updated in Post #2
I've also reorganized the OP, Post #2, & Post #3.
Hopefully a little better to find what people need to find, and more neat.

What I'm doing is running them as 3 event series (1 series per day of the week), and then if someone participate in the first event, I will put them down as a "maybe" with a question mark for the same days for a series, to give them a chance to reserve a spot for the rest of the series. And then people can confirm or bow out closer to the time comes.
And of course, nobody needs to commit to all in a series or anything. That's just for some additional fun with this.

I'm also again near capacity on my PSN Friends list, so I may need to prune. Don't take it personally!
You don't need to be on my FL to participate in this league!

This is to get everyone's attention to the posted schedule, and make a list of participants who've been involved or have expressed interest...

@watermelonpunch
@HusamOne
@KingKlingeling
@Chiochan
@Phouchg
@LongbowX
@LeoStrop
@John Wells
@Sylar
@temuster
@daddyo845
@ryzno