Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Eh, yeah it sounds like just a racing incident to me.
And, as all incidents are... unfortunate for the peeps involved.
These things happen.

I would like to say that I've reviewed more races...
And there will be a slough of penalties. :boggled: :scared:

But I understand this was our first try in the Luxury cars...
So I hope we can just LEARN from the incidents... and not just jump to conclusions about everyone's driving etiquette in general!!
shamefinger.gif

I saw a bit of aggressive tit for tat in some cases.
What I worry about is that peeps get aggressive in retaliation for real or perceived wrongs done to them... then because they engaged in payback, they're then reluctant to report incidents.

This is a recipe for resentments, and not conducive to friendly sportsmanship!!
shamefinger.gif

If you retaliated... just fess up. :rolleyes:
It happens, and you should just own up to it. I know, I've been there, and it takes a lot of fortitude to not do that. We're human, and we have our limits for self-control in the heat of the moment. This is nothing to hide in shameful secret. :lol: Better and more friendly to just be honest and say "I lost my head, I'll take the penalty."

Always report more serious race incidents where contact concessions should've been made but were not.
You should do so, and preferably PRIVATELY, especially if you haven't had a chance to review the incident yourself yet. So as not to create unnecessary hostile feelings if it turns out to be not what you think it is.

@buraspo & @HONESTGUV
WECOME :gtpflag:

Be sure to read the race procedure instructions and the rules section in the OP.
Everything you need to know about the scheduled events, which cars will be used on what tracks, is in post #2

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :)

Also, it's a good thing to reserve a spot in advance, as spots get reserved. So if you have an idea of which days you're likely to race, let me know, so I can put you on the reserved spots lists. 👍
Ok, cool .
This Thursday and next week - Tuesday and Thursday Im 90%

I'm still waiting for a 2nd steward report on a race review.
And I ate something dubious for lunch :ill: :odd:
So that's why the results have been held up.

RESULTS
Series 3, Event 1
Tuesday 21 January 2014

Points Standings:

1. LongbowX (LongbowX) 73 pts
  2. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) 73 pts
  3. HusamOne (HusamOne) 61 pts
  4. temuster (temuster) 59 pts
  5. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) 53 pts
  6. CC570 (cc570) 51 pts
  7. Handlebar (HandlebarMustash) 44 pts
  8. watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n) 40 pts
  9. GranTurismo916 (atongo619) 40 pts
  10. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) 25 pts
  11. jackargent (jackargent) 25 pts
  12. Coreyb (Coreyb_26) 21 pts
  13. ryzno (ryzno) 20 pts

Race #1 @ Indy Road Course

IMG_2522.jpg

Race #2 @ Autumn Ring Mini Reverse

IMG_2525.jpg

Race #3 @ Willow Springs Streets

IMG_2527.jpg

Race #4 @ Grand Valley Speedway

IMG_2532.jpg

Race #5 @ Silverstone GP

IMG_2534.jpg

Reports:
GranTurismo916 (atongo619)
1 pt penalty - Lap 2 - improper re-entry to the track (I can't read the edge of my (handwritten) note but I think it caused contact with HusamOne or Temuster - can't remember which)
LongbowX (LongbowX)
2 pt penalty - off-roading twice in one race - I realize that the 1st time was due to a collision, but you can afford to be a sensible example
KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling)
warning - creating a bit of 1st turn drama by diving in to go 3 wide - please exercise caution - I know they're short races, but you can afford to be a sensible example

Race #6 @ Tokyo

Ammended Official Race Results
  1. HusamOne (HusamOne) Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG '08
  2. CC570 (cc570) Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) '02
  3. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07
  4. temuster (temuster) BMW 135i Coupe '07
  5. LongbowX (LongbowX) Chrysler 300C '05
  6. watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n) Jaguar XFR '10
  7. jackargent (jackargent) BMW Z8 '01
  8. GranTurismo916 (atongo619) Audi S4 '03
  9. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) Infiniti G35 Coupe '06
  10. Handlebar (HandlebarMustash) Jaguar S-Type R '02
  11. chrisrar* (chrisrar) Infiniti G35 Coupe '06
Lap 2 Turn 1 - Race Incident - no penalties assessed
In the review it appeared that GranTurismo916, jackargent, and Handlebar, all individually, missed their brake points, & all wound up in the wall fairly together, at the same time. Looked to me like it was just an unfortunate coincidence all 3 did that at once.
There was some beeping, and some people who were dive-bombed and/or had to swerve to avoid... but I think mostly everybody conducted themselves as best as possible once the mistakes were made.
HusamOne was the only innocent party who got bumped in the incident. But as HusamOne lodged no complaint, and he won the race, I have to assume his race was not ruined at that corner.
Chrisrar* (chrisrar)
Apparently on comfort softs :scared: and I believe invisible to at least 2-3 cars on track. :boggled:
Post Race Concession - Lap 1 - rear clipped jackargent and did not make concession
Handlebar (HandlebarMustash)
1 pt penalty - Lap 1 - squeezed in on HusamOne with no overlap before the turn and nose clipped HusamOne completing the pass, no concession made

Race #7 @ Mount Panorama

IMG_2542.jpg

watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n)
1 pt penalty - Lap 1 Turn 1 - contact concessions made - but created completely preventable first turn drama causing an accident & off-road incident with ryzno & jackargent
1 pt penalty - Lap 1 - caused an accident involving temuster & KingKlingeling... conession was made to temuster, but failed to make concession to KingKlingeling (perhaps didn't realize that the incident caused a collision with KingKlingeling too) - everyone put out by an incident needs to be given concession

Race #8 @ Daytona Road Course

Ammended Official Race Results
  1. LongbowX (LongbowX) Chrysler 300C '05
  2. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) Chrysler 300C '05
  3. HusamOne (HusamOne) Chrysler 300C '05
  4. watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n) Chrysler 300C '05
  5. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) Chrysler 300C '05
  6. temuster (temuster) Chrysler 300C '05
  7. CC570 (cc570) Chrysler 300C '05
  8. GranTurismo916 (atongo619) Chrysler 300C '05
  9. jackargent (jackargent) Chrysler 300C '05
  10. Handlebar (HandlebarMustash) Chrysler 300C '05
Post Race Concession - Lap 1 Turn 1 - bumped cc570 off track and failed to make concession
daddyo845 (daddy-o845)
1 pt penalty - Lap 2 Bus Stop - off-roading & improper re-entry to the track
Warning: creating a bit of 1st turn drama by diving in to go 3 (or 4?) wide - please exercise caution - I know they're short races, but you're better off not risking it in the 1st turn anyhow

General Notes:

It should be noted and accepted as a fact you must suffer, that "Turn 1 Drama", off-roading (mowing the grass or using tarmac outside the track), are particular pet peeves of the race director. I assume (or at least hope) that I have many attributes as a race organizer that makes these things worth taking extra care about.

The 1st Turn of a race sets the tone for the rest of the race, for anyone involved in any bumping, concertina effect, crowded traffic confusion through turn 1.
So if it's a bad Turn 1- guaranteed more incidents will follow from frayed nerves.
Imagine that at the edges of the track at turn 1, there are several old ladies holding infants, if that helps you to remember your track etiquette coming off the grid.
(Also, don't think of a pink elephant. ;))

I think some of the issues on Autumn Ring Mini Reverse may have had something not only to do with the rain, but the rain combined with the hinky nature of the camber on some reverse tracks being a bit disorienting. (I know sometimes I get confused about the camber of turns on reverse tracks.)

I highly recommend getting some more practice in the Luxury cars, if you've found you were involved in a lot of contact. I myself will be looking for some carer races to use my Luxury cars (with the MM Shuffle set-up), to grind for some credits. I will also be allowing myself more time before the race starts, to get on track with the Luxury cars, to warm up, as I think my usual way of not warming up is a bad decision in these cars.
I also think that the Luxury cars would benefit from some brake balance tuning. This is allowed. If anyone has any tips on how to set the brake balances on the Luxury cars, please, please, share your knowledge for the good of the league. :scared:

Also... @HusamOne what is your secret with the c63 ??? :bowdown:

Last edited:
Luxury Cars
SUGGESTIONS FOR GRINDING FOR CREDITS AND PRACTICE

@amarynceos posted this in the time trials thread, but I think it might be of general interest...

You can practice with the cars AND earn credits to pay for more cars at the same time!

💡 💡 💡

(credits assume 200% sign in bonus)

Any of the cars on the Luxury list...

National A
Gornergrat League
#2 Matterhorn Riffelsee, ~4:30, 35,200 cr.
#3 Matterhorn Dristelen, ~4:00, 36,360 cr.

European cars on the Luxury list...

International B
Tour of Europe
#1, Brands Hatch, ~6:45, 86,200 cr.

American cars on the Luxury list...

International B
Tour of America
#1, Big Willow, ~6:00, 89,200 cr.
#2, Laguna Seca, ~6:45, 90,600 cr.

@amarynceos says:
If you fancy something resembling an actual race, the faster ones stand a chance in International A: World Circuits. For example, I won at race #2, Brands Hatch, in ~8:15 with the IS F, for 144,600 credits. (With a huge off [but not a spin] at Paddock Hill Bend -- though offs don't necessarily hurt much, since they usually trigger the 'AI' to go into slow-down mode.) Second place is only 94,000 credits, though, so the other races I mention are much safer R.O.I.s timewise.

Last edited:
Those two AMG Mercs have awesome motors. The SL walked away from kingklingeling's Jag.
Yeah, but I saw the replays... HusamOne got knocked around on a few corners, and managed to keep pointed in the right direction all the time... which is NOT something I can say for myself in the c63. :nervous: I mean if you don't have the thing pointed in the right direction, it doesn't really matter if it can theoretically go faster than the Jag Luxury Coupe. :lol:

The Jag (XK) is the car you get for winning so, it should be slow. :lol: That being said: the SL55 is the fastest car on the straights. It walked away from my S-Type at Silverstone too.

Last edited:
Man the way you bash these mercs geez. I'm not a fan of the sl 55 but the c63 I actually like. You make it sound likes its the hardest car in the list to control but honestly I didn't have nearly as many problems with it like I did with the XFR (which I now admit that I like) the z8 (which is still pretty fun and the 300c (which I hate)

And the c63, as far as I can see, is the fastest way to spin, drift & wiggle your way into last place.

The results do not support your conclusion. :sly:

There's also a typo in the Tokyo results, I almost thought JackArgent and daddyo finished a simultaneous 7th place. :P

great race review :bowdown:
this whole event was decided by 0.069sec on the finish line in the last race at daytona !
longbow had the draft and passed me 1inch before the line :banghead:
really really close this time and congratiulations to longbow :cheers:

@watermelonpunch : I realized my warning at silverstone and I appologize . I'm triing to be more carefull on tracks I'm not used to 👍

Last edited:
I also think that the Luxury cars would benefit from some brake balance tuning. This is allowed. If anyone has any tips on how to set the brake balances on the Luxury cars, please, please, share your knowledge for the good of the league. :scared:

Unfortunately I fear brake balance adjustments may not do any of us much good. Brake balance seems to be broken online. Following my own experiences with the low power cars last week, where I had more than a few braking issues while running without ABS, which I had not encountered before, and after reading this thread recently about ABS issues in various modes, I finally got around to doing some testing of my own.

(Conditions: stock G27, paddle shifters, all aids off, SM tyres)

I took the heaviest and the lightest of our Luxury list (the XFR and the 135i) into an online practice session and ran both at Deep Forest (f) and Tsukuba. With ABS off, I did a lap with BB set at all of the following: 0/0, 5/5, 10/10, 10/0, and 0/10, carefully observing the pressure point (on the HUD, as my left foot is not that sensitive and the stock G27 brake pedal way too soft) at which the brakes locked at any major braking zone.

Not only did I find that the lock-up pressure point was basically identical at each setting, the balance of the car remained the same. Compare this to career mode, where I run ABS 0 most of the time, and where for many cars a few clicks one way or the other makes all the difference in the world to corner entry behaviour.

Basically, it seems like brake balance is locked at 10/10 online (as well as free run and time trial offline, it seems [haven't verified this myself]) no matter what you set it to. :grumpy: :yuck: :mad: I'll be sticking with ABS 1 online until this is fixed, I guess (since we can't use the RA menu and apparently it wouldn't do any good anyway.)

Curious to have other drivers offer their test results, but I'm pretty convinced this is the case....

Edit:

Realized I should add explicitly that, if you want to practice with the cars offline in career mode races, you should set your brake balance to 10/10, in order to get the same braking behaviour they will exhibit online. :rolleyes: Really irritating, especially as some of these cars (BMWs especially, natch) feel fantastic with ABS off. :(

Last edited:
Reports:
1 pt penalty - Lap 2 - improper re-entry to the track (I can't read the edge of my (handwritten) note but I think it caused contact with HusamOne or Temuster - can't remember which)
Post Race Concession - Lap 1 - rear clipped jackargent and did not make concession
1 pt penalty - Lap 1 - caused an accident involving temuster & KingKlingeling... conession was made to temuster, but failed to make concession to KingKlingeling (perhaps didn't realize that the incident caused a collision with KingKlingeling too) - everyone put out by an incident needs to be given concession

:scared: I really need to chill out. I've recently given up suggested gear.

The results do not support your conclusion. :sly:

There's also a typo in the Tokyo results, I almost thought JackArgent and daddyo finished a simultaneous 7th place. :P
Oh yeah I saw that. I was thinking what happened there? :confused:

@watermelonpunch : I realized my warning at silverstone and I appologize . I'm triing to be more carefull on tracks I'm not used to 👍[/quote]
Yeah they added a lot of new tracks in this game and I'm not quite used to them. Silver stone I have to say is pretty tough

great race review :bowdown:
this whole event was decided by 0.069sec on the finish line in the last race at daytona !
longbow had the draft and passed me 1inch before the line :banghead:
really really close this time and congratiulations to longbow :cheers:

We had a number of close finishes. Streets of Willow came down to the wire. I was lucky, the draft helped to close the gap some, but not all of your lead...if I hadn't acted badly at Silverstone than it wouldn't have mattered. :sly:

I won't be here for the races today sadly.

RE: wheel rims
@HONESTGUV

Custom wheel rims "standard" are allowed.
Painting of body and custom standard rims is allowed.

RE: Silverstone
@KingKlingeling @daddyo845

Yes... I think Silverstone is very much the most difficult track, because of its both being new and its inherent characteristics, combined.
The flatness has caused me troubles all along. I also get confused about which turn is coming up where. I've heard others say they have troubles with this track and the lack of unique identifying landmarks around the track. And each configuration of the track is similar, but not the same, which adds to the confusion.
Kind of like the time I put us on Cape Ring South, when I thought I put the track as Cape Ring Inside... and I didn't realize and when the race started, I was all confused. It's like that at Silverstone every time for me. :lol:

RE: brake balance issues
@amarynceos @GranTurismo916 @daddyo845 @Chiochan @Handlebar @jackargent

This is a problem with ABS ON? Or just with it off?

I mean I don't want to tell anyone what to do or make it sound like an order, because ABS is optional... And clearly (especially faster, more experienced) drivers who like to drive with ABS off are encouraged to do so.
But you are allowed to use ABS!
And I think peeps (including myself) who've had problems with missed brake points and the rear-ending of other cars, really ought to keep ABS ON for the Luxury cars.
I'm not criticizing anyone's skillz, I'm just saying these cars have ABS in real life, and they're rather unwieldy cars, so I don't think there's any shame here.
Just sayin'.

And I mean, maybe the Luxury cars - in particular - should not be the set of cars that you should be testing out giving up this or that aid.
💡
Maybe keep that experimentation & practice to the lower power lists.

In fact, today, I think I might run AT :scared: and see if I have to make less contact concessions. :lol:
(I admit, my shifting is not great!!!)

My point being that the 1st priority here should be having fun!!! For everyone!!!
If that takes using the aids available in the Luxury cars (specifically), then I think that's a good idea, and nothing to be a stickler about. This is a game (with rules), and this is supposed to be a FUN league.
So whatever it takes to keep the unfortunate frustrations at a minimum, I see as A Good Thing.

I drove the SL at silverstone AT ! first time ever , but only because his transmissons sounds weired at downshifting and I didnt realized which gear I was !

I just gave that 135i a test run at riffelsee to be prepared :D
first corner will be a destruction derby :lol::lol::lol: we need to be very very careful there 👍
and it took me 5 try's to get the last corner without flipping the car , we'll see some great photomodes from the 135i 's exhaust system this evening , I guess
see you in a few hours:gtpflag:

The brake balance was still broken a couple of days ago when I checked online. I will check again in a few min.

ABS? I thought I had it on?

I turn it off for dirt/snow rally stuff, and I have heard of others who never turn it on. I do not seem to have the touch or feel to pull that off yet"

@Handlebar I was just trying to get input, and get peeps' attention. :)
I do not specifically pay attention to who's running ABS on or off, because it's allowed, optional, driver's choice. So I have no clue if you have been running with or without ABS.

I drove the SL at silverstone AT ! first time ever , but only because his transmissons sounds weired at downshifting and I didnt realized which gear I was !
Yeah, that's why I'm thinking maybe I should just use AT w/ the Luxury cars... since I'm not great at shifting to begin with, and at least 2 cars in the Luxury list, when I was testing them, had inaudible shifting cues. :nervous:
I've tested a huge amount of cars recently, and I've come across this with a few cars now.
I'd actually ruled out the Daihatsu OFC-1 from the Low Power list, mainly because of the inaudible shifting cues. 👎

Special Stage X, Mercedes 190, comfort softs, 125 mph (5th gear), no downshifting with manual, just stand on the brakes. Three test for each setting.

10/10 setting right near 150 meters (yards?)
5/5 setting almost identical, maybe 1 car length further.
1/1 setting same as 5/5
0/0 setting maybe half a car length beyond the 1/1, but I do not think so. The 0/0 did take longer to stop than the 10/10 setting, but all told perhaps less than two car lengths, maximum.

Latest Posts

Back