Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Also this has no relevance and it doesn't even belong on this forum at all, but I think you guys might be interested in it. Yesterday there was a very large solar flare. This is supposed to cause those who live at a lower latitude than normal to see the northern lights. I'm pretty sure New York and probably Pennsylvania to it. Those who are in the northern hemisphere may be able to see it also. You should be able to be seen at 8:00pm eastern standard time. I can't make any promises though
Thanks for the heads up.

I just looked and I can't see anything.
But then I live under a fair amount of light pollution unfortunately, and maybe that would interfere with seeing something.

I did however see a rocket that was launched some weeks ago. It was launched I guess from Virginia, and we saw it here. That was pretty exciting.

I love all that stuff with the weather & space & astronomy.
And in 2005 I won a little prize because my question was answered on a NASA webcast. :)
Here's the webcast (I'm #9 on the list there).
So yeah, I'm a bit of a geek about these things, so I'm certainly not going to complain about going off topic in that direction. :lol:

Thanks for the heads up.

But then I live under a fair amount of light pollution unfortunately, and maybe that would interfere with seeing something.

I did however see a rocket that was launched some weeks ago. It was launched I guess from Virginia, and we saw it here. That was pretty exciting.

And in 2005 I won a little prize because my question was answered on a NASA webcast. :)
So yeah, I'm a bit of a geek about these things, so I'm certainly not going to complain about going off topic in that direction. :lol:
Yeah I haven't seen anything either I think there's too much cloud cover where I'm at. I don't think it makes you a geek I'm very fascinated with that kind of stuff as well. I checked that link and I think that's just amazing. I never win anything that means anything anyway. Unless winning races in gran turismo mean anything. It sure is fun though

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up.

Aw man I didn't want to post that sorry.:dunce:

I've noticed patterns on who's been getting what cars. Goat gets the 2seater wins the next race then gets the skyline. Longbow keeps getting the marcos and temuster keeps getting the 507

Just a suggestion but watermelon wouldn't it be easier if you put up which car people use if they weren't in the last race. So say underneath the vintage car list put some like Alfa Romeo spider: use this car if you were not in last race. Or I stead of putting it under the list, put it next to the Alfa on the list. I just figured it'd be easier to do that rather than remind us every time. It won't solve the problem with friends joining without knowing what we are doing but you shouldn't have to say all not in last race use spider 66. But it's just a suggestion :cheers:
I bet every time having to threaten people to get out of the lobby because they don't have the car wants to make you go like this :banghead: :lol:

Last edited:
I make my own mistakes and get different cars, don't worry. Have to play more to not make those..*sighs*. I haven't felt like it though. And I like the Marcos, it's fun.

I think that it depends a lot on the mix of people in the races too. And the tracks. I think the patterns will change.

I think she says it just as a reminder to people. People should know what car it is, but it doesn't hurt to repeat.

I make my own mistakes and get different cars, don't worry. Have to play more to not make those..*sighs*. I haven't felt like it though. And I like the Marcos, it's fun.

I think that it depends a lot on the mix of people in the races too. And the tracks. I think the patterns will change.

I think she says it just as a reminder to people. People should know what car it is, but it doesn't hurt to repeat.
It might help though and I said it was a suggestion. There's no such thing as a wrong suggestion;)

It's in the procedure :banghead:
Race Procedure:
  • Participants are welcome to show up late, mid-event. In this case, that person will use the same car as 3rd place in the previous race, for their first race. Then assignment will proceed normally thereafter for ongoing races.
  • If a participant skips a race during the event, they will use car #3 for the next race they participate in.
  • Racers are asked to check their own car assignment, and then check that the person who finished ahead of them in the previous race is in the correct car for the next race, and inform that driver if they are not in the proper car. (In the case of 1st place, that driver checks the last place finisher from the previous race.) This will help save time and allow for more racing, and less lollygagging between races.
  • If you're unsure of your car assignment, please ask for confirmation before getting in a car.

OMG, nobody reads what I write in the OP, do they? :grumpy: :indiff:

Well, maybe enough do.

I did think of it actually to put that next to the car in the list...
But then I just figured it would confuse people right off the bat.
They'd be looking at that and wondering, "Why would I skip a race?" :boggled:

And then wondering if you're not allowed to race in every race and maybe they're going to be hanging around waiting to race.
I'm imagining all these ideas that people have misunderstood in the past, you realize. lol

So I just learned to try and tackle one thing at a time.

I present the list, and once they show up with the cars, and the list in front of them (hopefully), they'll get the hang of things. :nervous:

Anyhow... Yeah, I just make the announcements willy-nilly. They're saved in the auto-fill thing.
I just don't want anyone just joining to have missed the boat in getting the information.

You remember how in my Lo PP Shuffle lobbies, some people would gripe about how I sounded like a recording. :lol: :rolleyes:
But there were always people coming & going.

And yeah, you have to kick people sometimes.

But I try to give people a little more chance. So yes, it's a little tedious with the kicking people who won't conform to the rules. But I'd rather for now deal with that, because for every few kooks that just won't get with the program, there's someone who will get involved and it's just what they're looking for, and the more the merrier, right?

Anyway... about the patterns. It's because we only have 14 cars. To not have patterns, you'd have to have like the shuffle thing where you could get probably about 20-30-something different cars assigned to people over the course of 3 races with 12 people.

If you ever noticed in shuffle in gt5... even at the same PP base, you wouldn't get the same exact mix of cars every time. It sort of alternated between 2-3 different lists depending on the PP base & ratio, and how many people were in the room. (Some PP bases seemed to have more groupings to draw from of course. At 360 you'd almost always get the Stratos and the Renault with the independently turning wheels, and the same whatever sedan type cars. But at 340 you wouldn't really see the same cars constantly.)

So at 300pp ratio 1 or 2, you'd have the Celica and the Bellet and the Mazda2 in one race, and then the next race you'd be getting the Lupo, the Spider 66, the Yaris & Swift. But if you upped the ratio to 3 with 16 people in the room... you'd get all those in the same race, plus any amount of whatever other kei cars & vintage cars.
I figured at 300pp ratio 3, the game was drawing from a list of maybe 25+ cars altogether. (Which of course some of them were really awful like the Isuzu 117Coupe.)

Obviously some people are just fast in some of the slower cars, and some people really know how to make the most of getting one of the better cars... and well, good for them, right? :rolleyes: ;)

Here's the thing, my EVENTUAL idea is that we're going to get to the point where we have 4-5 different car lists. Or, at least the 3 we have now, right?

And we have more regulars signed up and ready to go with all the cars on all the lists! 💡

And then I can make events where we switch between IN THE SAME EVENT.

That would REALLY mix things up!!

:D

What does everyone think of THAT? ^^

Hopefully by then there will be the "better community features" we're waiting for in a future update.

An example of that would be to switch between.
Like alternate between the Low Power cars & the Vintage cars with the races, or some combination...

Imagine this:

Low Power @ Cote Dazur
Luxury @ Circuit Spa
Low Power @ Apricot Hill
Luxury @ Trial Mountain
Low Power @ London
Luxury @ Nurburgring

💡

That would really mix up the grid.

I really like how you take a response to my answer, then turn it into an essay lol. But no really those are some great ideas. Like I said it was just a suggestion and there is no such thing as a bad idea :D. Using multiple sets of cars in one event would be awesome. I'm just saying I would hate to be the host of these things changing the settings and the track making sure everyone is in the right car, kicking people, repeating everything over and over, setting a page on the forum, watching the replays figuring out penalties and tallying up the score while taking pics of the race. Whoo try saying that in one breath :lol:. If I had to do this I surely would do this :banghead:. I respect how much you are willing to do for this :bowdown:. Ill be your test driver but don't ask me to sub in for you one day :cheers:. And of course on the day we don't have something going on, I don't have school because it was cancelled :ouch:. But it's the weekend tomorrow so ill still be on time:tup:

I like the idea , especially when we were using the using the luxury cars on the faster Tracks , like Monza !

Yes, we'll be able to dial in some of the BIG tracks with the luxury cars, as the longer straights won't be so much of an issue like they are at low power.

And here, I'd like to get some test times on the Luxury Cars, and you can post your times here if you decide to test them:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/time-trial-testing-mixer-makeshift-shuffle.295260/
Basically each driver willing to test, to just do all cars on the same track.
I'd like to get some times on a variety of tracks. Like Tokyo, Monza, Trial Mountain, or Apricot Hill.

I really like how you take a response to my answer, then turn it into an essay lol.
:lol:

1) was always very good at essay questions in school :sly:
2) type 70wpm+
3) I like to share with people where I'm coming from in how I do things because
..... a) I like people to understand why I'm doing things, if there's a reason, because it helps for cooperation
..... b) it may give someone some tips on what could work if they decide to host/organize their own series

At any rate, yeah, by far the hosting is sometimes a pain in the butt, and can get frustrating at times... but it's not as hard as it might seem. Once you get used to it, it's kind of like anything else. At least $40,000 of somebody's money isn't riding on me doing it right. :scared: :lol: So you know, it can get tense when stuff isn't working out quite right with lag or someone being ridiculous, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not as stressful as it looks.

I'm really glad, as I said, when people help out. 👍
I encourage people pitching in! :)

When we have more complex ones, maybe we can have co-hosts with different duties.

Like this:

Host 1: hosts room and maintains settings & records results
Co-Host 2: makes announcements about car assignments & which list is being used for the next race or which car newcomers will use for their starting car
Co-Host 3: checks track & lap settings, tires, & that there's only 1 of each car (other than #3 & the highest)
Co-Host 4: makes the announcement of the link where newcomers can get the info & warns people not getting into correct cars that they will be kicked

It's not that I mind doing all that stuff. And I have a system where I get the track changed and while it's loading & nobody can get to their garage yet, then I make the announcements & such... to try & keep things efficient.

But it would speed things up and make time for more RACING if the tasks were spread out over more people. 💡

Just in case anyone's interested in these:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...sunday-jan-12th-renault-r8-gordini-66.293150/
-------------------------------------------
SUNDAY (12 January)
10:00 AM US EST / 03:00 PM GMT
renaultr8gvswy2.jpg

Renault R8 Gordini '66
@ Grand Valley Speedway, 1 hour endurance
(comfort soft tires)
SUNDAY (19 January)
10:00 AM US EST / 03:00 PM GMT
lowpowervintage3.jpg

Limbo Stick Cup (low power vintage sprint racing event)
Citroen 2CV Type A '54 @ Gran Turismo Arena A
Subaru 360 '58 @ Gran Turismo Arena B
Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe '62 @ Eiger Nordwand Short Track
Fiat 500 F '68 @ Cote d’Azur
Honda Z ACT '70 @ Motegi Super Speedway
(Comfort Medium Tires)

If I'm around for the event I could do one of those things but the main problem is I wouldn't be there for the beginning on weekdays because of school. Great idea though. And if you didn't notice I said at the same time as you that anyone who wasn't in the last race use the spider 66 one time

About those essays and how much work you do with this in general @watermelonpunch. That's why I have never tried organising something. Not because I think it's booring and irritating to do all that but because I know it would be such a huuuuuge timesink, since I always want to help everybody and be very inclusive and make everything perfect. :P That said if I manage to free up some time and join more of these I would love to help you co-host.

About those essays and how much work you do with this in general @watermelonpunch. That's why I have never tried organising something. Not because I think it's booring and irritating to do all that but because I know it would be such a huuuuuge timesink, since I always want to help everybody and be very inclusive and make everything perfect. :P That said if I manage to free up some time and join more of these I would love to help you co-host.
Thanks.

And yeah, swathes of time can easily be funneled away if you're not discerning. :scared:
That's why:
1) nothing's ever perfect
2) it takes me so long to post results or details or whatever
3) I forget things (distractions)
4) I don't answer every question, suggestion, or post to the thread (just the important or interesting ones)

Also:
5) I try and get things initially set up when I have some time on my hands... so that when I no longer have enough time... it's already set up.

RESULTS
Clean Mixer Makeshift Shuffle - League Series - Thursday Event #1
Thursday (9 January)

1. LongbowX (LongbowX) (59 pts)
  2. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) (51 pts)
  3. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) (48 pts)
  4. LeoStrop (LeoStrop) (47 pts, 1 win, 3 podiums)
  5. Jonsey80 (mr_jones80) (47 pts, 2 podiums)
  6. temuster (temuster) (44 pts)
  7. John Wells (johnwells69) (36 pts)
  8. watermelonpunch (wat3rm37on) (33 pts)
  9. ryzno (ryzno) (31 pts)
  10. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) (28 pts)
  11. HusamOne (HusamOne) (21 pts)
  12. DownStyle (Downstyle) (6 pts)

Race #1: 2 laps @ Mount Panorama (T: 15:00 / 40) (W: 25% / 30 / 0%)
  1. LeoStrop (LeoStrop) Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78
  2. LongbowX (LongbowX) Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78
  3. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78
  4. DownStyle (Downstyle) Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78
  5. ryzno (ryzno) Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78
  6. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78
  7. John Wells (johnwells69) Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78
  8. temuster (temuster) Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78
  9. watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n) Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78

Race #2: 3 laps @ Cape Ring North
  1. temuster (temuster) BMW 507 '57
  2. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66
  3. watermelonpunch (wat3rm37on) Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67
  4. LongbowX (LongbowX) Honda Civic 1500 3door CX '79
  5. LeoStrop (LeoStrop) Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B (S54A) '67
  6. Jonsey80 (mr_jones80) Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66
  7. John Wells (johnwells69) Toyota Celica 1600GT (TA22) '70
  8. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66
  9. ryzno (ryzno) Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70
  10. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63

Race #3: 3 laps @ Autumn Ring (T: 09:00 / 40) (W: 75% / 40 / 50%)
  1. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78
  2. LeoStrop (LeoStrop) Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70
  3. LongbowX (LongbowX) Marcos Mini Marcos GT '70
  4. Jonsey80 (mr_jones80) Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63
  5. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) Honda Civic 1500 3door CX '79
  6. ryzno (ryzno) Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67
  7. watermelonpunch (wat3rm37on) Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66
  8. temuster (temuster) Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B (S54A) '67
  9. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) BMW 507 '57
  10. John Wells (johnwells69) Toyota Celica 1600GT (TA22) '70

Race #4: 2 laps @ Tokyo
  1. temuster (temuster) BMW 507 '57
  2. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67
  3. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70
  4. John Wells (johnwells69) Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78
  5. Jonsey80 (mr_jones80) Marcos Mini Marcos GT '70
  6. LongbowX (LongbowX) Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66
  7. LeoStrop (LeoStrop) Honda Civic 1500 3door CX '79
  8. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B (S54A) '67
  9. watermelonpunch (wat3rm37on) Toyota Celica 1600GT (TA22) '70
  10. ryzno (ryzno) Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63

Race #5: 4 laps @ Rome Reverse
  1. ryzno (ryzno) Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78
  2. LeoStrop (LeoStrop) Toyota Celica 1600GT (TA22) '70
  3. watermelonpunch (wat3rm37on) Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67
  4. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) BMW 507 '57
  5. temuster (temuster) Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B (S54A) '67
  6. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66
  7. Jonsey80 (mr_jones80) Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70
  8. LongbowX (LongbowX) Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63
  9. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) Honda Civic 1500 3door CX '79
  10. John Wells (johnwells69) Marcos Mini Marcos GT '70

Race #6: 3 laps @ Nürburgring GP/D (T: 13:00 / 40) (W: 50% / 50 / 0%)
  1. LongbowX (LongbowX) BMW 507 '57
  2. Jonsey80 (mr_jones80) Toyota Celica 1600GT (TA22) '70
  3. John Wells (johnwells69) Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78
  4. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63
  5. temuster (temuster) Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70
  6. LeoStrop (LeoStrop) Honda Civic 1500 3door CX '79
  7. HusamOne (HusamOne) Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66
  8. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67
  9. watermelonpunch (wat3rm37on) Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66
  10. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) Marcos Mini Marcos GT '70
  11. ryzno (ryzno) Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B (S54A) '67

1pt penalty to watermelonpunch (wat3rm37on) for reckless driving
(I made contact concessions each time, but accidental dive-bombing 3 times in one 3-lap race is too much, and I felt bad about it.)

Race #7: 3 laps @ Trial Mountain Reverse
  1. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78
  2. LongbowX (LongbowX) Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B (S54A) '67
  3. Jonsey80 (mr_jones80) Honda Civic 1500 3door CX '79
  4. HusamOne (HusamOne) Toyota Celica 1600GT (TA22) '70
  5. ryzno (ryzno) Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR '74
  6. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) Marcos Mini Marcos GT '70
  7. temuster (temuster) Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70
  8. watermelonpunch (wat3rm37on) Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67
  9. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) BMW 507 '57
  10. John Wells (johnwells69) Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66

Race #8: 5 laps @ Daytona Super Speedway (T: 13:00 / 40) (W: 0% / 30 / 0%)
  1. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89
  2. John Wells (johnwells69) Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89
  3. HusamOne (HusamOne) Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89
  4. LongbowX (LongbowX) Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89
  5. Jonsey80 (mr_jones80) Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89
  6. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89
  7. watermelonpunch (wat3rm37on) Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89
  8. LeoStrop (LeoStrop) Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89
  9. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89
  10. temuster (temuster) Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89
  11. ryzno (ryzno) Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89

I couldn't see that there was much that could've been done to avoid the race incident - just bad luck really that 2 cars got loose & some bumps happened all simultaneously.
ryzno swerved a bit & bumped KingKlingeling, at the same time temuster was scraping the wall & bounced, swerving into LeoStrop... as ryzno bounced back up.
Therefore, I think the fairest way to handle it is to just have ryzno behind the other 3 as a post-race concession, since temuster had already conceded in-race.
ryzno (ryzno) - moved from position 8 to 11.

Last edited:
Betcha that took forever, and you didn't even take a pic with a smartphone or ipad and temporarily make it your background, or nothing fancy!

@watermelonpunch is Ye Olde Skool!

And now I have bought and painted cars for a couple of millions. All in a beautiful assortment of yellows. I'll join in tomorrow and show you all. :)

Edit: Actually you won't see many new ones tomorrow since it's the vintage list only, but anyway I've bought and painted all cars in the OP. :D

My list is tinier and harder to read. It does the job though.

I look forward to the mixing of the lists too, I may have time to test the luxury list this weekend. I look forward to the races on Saturday too of course.

Last edited:
Oh yeah I recall I had made a mistake with the dates. Got side-tracked correcting that.

YIKES
I ALSO NOTICED I MADE A VERY VERY BAD ERROR.

SATURDAY RACES
6:30pm GMT

:ouch: :dunce:

🤬 time zones 🤬 🤬 🤬 time zones :mad:

I really need a proofreader. :guilty: :dunce:

Last edited:
Nice going lol
So you just volunteered to be the ongoing proofreader to check the time zone differences in the schedules in post #2 & post #3, right?
:lol:

Tip: It's 5 hours later in GMT (London time) than US EST (New York time)

On March 9th, 2:00am US EST
We change our clocks forward one hour.
March 29, 2014, 9pm US EST
They change their clocks forward one hour.

So then you have to figure between March 9th & March 29th, there's only 4 hours difference, and so people in the UK use BST not GMT.

After March 29th, and until next autumn, it will then again be 5 hours difference.

But GMT stays the same and so does UTC.

Are you following this @daddyo845 ?

:boggled: :lol:

Ok I see your point :dunce:. I was unaware that they switched their clocks at a different time than ours. I was just kidding :D. You gotta have a little fun some with other people sometimes. But as I always say one has no right to make fun of someone else if they can't make fun of themselves. 👍

Back