MK Style Program for gt4??? Will There be one?

• Thread starter SRT-4
  • 78 comments
Does anyone here have any info if there is anytype of MK program for GT4 that
will be coming out? Ever since I started doing Hybrids in GT3 I havn't stopped.

I just love creating my own car with practicly every aspect how I like it.

If this is been asked before I'm sorry, I did try using hte Search Feature.

crazyazn7412
There will be...just a matter of time.
You have to give mr.MK a chance to get the game, mess around with it a little, and get a chance to crack everything. Then it takes a couple of trys to write a program.

No matter how many threads are made, it is still gonna take time. Hell the game is still being released in different parts of the world. Unless you have the knowledge on how to break down the coding and of programming, you're just gonna have to wait. Play the game and enjoy it for what it is.

SRT-4
Why would you link a thread to one I started before you?
Do you not know how to use the search feature or you just like
to create double posts and have ppl use your thread? 💡

wasn't on the frontpage, used search but your thread contains no real information.. thought I'd link you to some so we could all post in one thread. :dopey:

I'll put it to you this way guys, you don't have to know the games coding or programming to make a program ala MK style. All you really need todo is get your memory card files to your PC.

For example, say I want to create a program like MKs for GT4, this is the process. Let's say I want to make an option to give yourself 'X' amount of credits.

I take my original GT4 savefile and plant it on my PC. Then, I go back and spend a bit of cash and modify my car in slot one - let's say I have a 350Z and I put racing intake on it. Then, I save it again. Now I go ahead and copy the new save onto my PC so that I have TWO GT4 save files on my PC.

This is where the work begins. I open up both of these files into a hex editing program and compare the values. There will be different values for the two save files, and the values that have been changed will exactly what I'm looking for

I'll find a few different values, but mainly I'll find out three things from these two files:

1) The money digit.
2) The "Intake/Exhaust Mod for car in slot 1" digit
3) The value for the 350Z Racing Intake/Exhaust.

From this information, I can code up a simple program that allows you to edit the amount of money you have, and what intake/exhaust is currently on car one.

Making these sort of program is actually very simple.

The hard, VERY hard part, is finding out ALL the modifier digits to accompany the cars. For example, there are over 500 cars in this game... Let's say we want to know EVERY digit for intake/exhaust mods. There are three different types of intake/exhaust availible... 3 x 500 = 1500.

That's over 1,500 values for intake/exhaust that need to be coded into the program to make it effective.

That is exactly what makes MKs such a GREAT program, is that just about everything you need to know is coded into the program, so you're not filling in random spaces with random numbers.

So, give me some time, and I'll get a program out that does what MKs did with GT3. If MK is making a program, that's even better, because I doubt I'll have the time and resources to make something as complete as MKs GT3 program, but, within a week or so, I will have released a hybriding program that is compatible with AR Max Drive save files.

(I just purchased my AR Max EVO w/ Flash Drive today, so give me a bit to figure out where I'm heading...)

Syizm
I'll put it to you this way guys, you don't have to know the games coding or programming to make a program ala MK style. All you really need todo is get your memory card files to your PC.

For example, say I want to create a program like MKs for GT4, this is the process. Let's say I want to make an option to give yourself 'X' amount of credits.

I take my original GT4 savefile and plant it on my PC. Then, I go back and spend a bit of cash and modify my car in slot one - let's say I have a 350Z and I put racing intake on it. Then, I save it again. Now I go ahead and copy the new save onto my PC so that I have TWO GT4 save files on my PC.

This is where the work begins. I open up both of these files into a hex editing program and compare the values. There will be different values for the two save files, and the values that have been changed will exactly what I'm looking for

I'll find a few different values, but mainly I'll find out three things from these two files:

1) The money digit.
2) The "Intake/Exhaust Mod for car in slot 1" digit
3) The value for the 350Z Racing Intake/Exhaust.

From this information, I can code up a simple program that allows you to edit the amount of money you have, and what intake/exhaust is currently on car one.

Making these sort of program is actually very simple.

The hard, VERY hard part, is finding out ALL the modifier digits to accompany the cars. For example, there are over 500 cars in this game... Let's say we want to know EVERY digit for intake/exhaust mods. There are three different types of intake/exhaust availible... 3 x 500 = 1500.

That's over 1,500 values for intake/exhaust that need to be coded into the program to make it effective.

That is exactly what makes MKs such a GREAT program, is that just about everything you need to know is coded into the program, so you're not filling in random spaces with random numbers.

So, give me some time, and I'll get a program out that does what MKs did with GT3. If MK is making a program, that's even better, because I doubt I'll have the time and resources to make something as complete as MKs GT3 program, but, within a week or so, I will have released a hybriding program that is compatible with AR Max Drive save files.

(I just purchased my AR Max EVO w/ Flash Drive today, so give me a bit to figure out where I'm heading...)

Wow, I didn't even THINK about using a HEX editior and just configuring the files
myself...Though it's probably a pain in the ass to do.

Whatever...depending on the layout and do it very simple on a test save.

Have 2 cars...in the garage...and then change them and see the differnce...
Hopefully when looking at the file it will have some sort of info that isn't in code
so we can see like Turbo: 4z meaning stage 4 ir 3z meaning stage 3....

Ill get back to you guys on this and see what I can do..
What really sucks is when trading cars the mods get deleted...I wonder if the
whole setup is changed or just the phyiscal mods...and not something like the
chassey or the Drivetrain FWD, AWD,RWD..ect ect.
If that's the case the I'll upload requested saves...and you guys can then trade
them to your garage if you'd like. I'll see what I can do! Thx again for the idea!!

Well, they way I figured it, was that the memory card files are put onto your PC as binary, since that's what they are on the memory card anyway. Therefore, hex editing them is the only way to actually make a hybrid.

I'm not sure how MKs worked on GT3, but wasn't it a combination of ASCII/INI files that gave the program instructions on which addresses to edit and with what values?

Does anyone know how to get ahold of MK?

To give you an idea of how fast Flinx is:

Der Alta is to NoQuarter as NoQuarter is to Flinx

:D

Yes, that fast.

As for the MK program, it is used far beyond hybriding. One that is perhaps the most important is comparing and evaluating replays for validating times.

AO

crazyazn7412
" Deep Forest Raceway Mazda 787B"....HOLY DAM THATS AMAZING

What? Under a minute on Deep Forest? Thats not all that "Amazing". Even with a non hybrid car.
The fastest time anyone got on midfield with the 787 was 59 seconds? Wow you gotta be kidding me. How do you sign up for this site?

Looks like there will be some delay until mk develops a GaragEdit program for GT4...

From the Request to mk: thread at the GTX...

mk
Sorry but for now I think I'll boicot(sp?) this version.

Can't help but I think it's heavy milking.

If I remember correctly it took almost a year before he perfected it for GT3. Give the man some time and he will have it. :) 👍

Well from reading his posts where he does most of his GT posting, He says he will make one when everyone has GT4, Now that the Aussies have it, I believe that's everyone! I think?

mk can be rather cryptic, due to his English-as-a-second-language.

Deciphering his latest post, as well as VV's post in the aforementioned thread seems to indicate that the problem is some kind of encryption with the gamesave and replay files which may make GaragEdit an impossibility.

Back