• Both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Don't Care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Going to update the OP when news come in about any MLS news throughout the offseason and regular season.

OFFSEASON NEWS:

MLS, adidas unveil 2015 official match ball

2015NATIVO_BALL_DL.jpg

Draft-Trade Window Timeline:

9:18 - Union decline options on Corben Bone, Fred, Brian Brown, Conor Casey and Cristhian Hernandez. Brian Carroll is out of contract.[2]

10:00 - Paul Tenorio reporting that OCSC has completed trades for Aombi Okugo and Aurelien Collin. SKC gets allocation $ and future considerations; Philly gets allocation $ and 2016 second round pick. OCSC also picks up a two-year international slot from DCU for allocation money. (Link not included due to the Reddit spam filter auto-nuking any comments or posts that link to his outlet.)

10:08 - @thegoalkeeper: I can confirm that the Union will acquire C.J. Sapong from Sporting Kansas City via trade. More to come.[3]

10:39 - @SamMcDowell11: Sources also tell me #SportingKC will acquire midfielder Bernardo Anor from Columbus Crew in exchange for allocation money.[4]

11:01 - Timbers trade Harrington to Colorado in exchange for Garber Bucks.[5]

11:16 - Timbers sign Ghana national team goalkeeper Adam Larsen-Kwarasey[6]

11:33 - Rose City marches on: Timbers sign 22-year-old Colombian winger/forward Dairon Asprilla[7] .

11:46 - Timbers acquire Nat Borchers from RSL in exchange for allocation money[8]

11:49 - NYCFC acquire Josh Williams from the Crew for allocation money[9]

12:05 - Portland exercises purchase option on Alvas Powell, signs to a long-term[10] .

12:16 - Portland signs Brazilian defender Jeanderson Salvador Pereira.[11]

12:27 - DCU sends Joe Willis and Samuel Inkoom to Houston for Andrew Driver and a 2016 fourth round pick[12] .

12:32 - Timbers have announced which options they've picked up[13] : Fochive, Nanchoff, Wallace, Zemanski, Peay, Gleeson, and Weber. Fernandez contract discussions are ongoing. Alhassan, Evans, Gallego, Kah all were declined - Evans has signed with T2. McKenzie and O'Rourke are out of contract. Valencia sold to Olimpo Bahia Blanca.

12:34 - Paul Tenorio reporting both Collin and Okugo have agreed to new (non-DP) deals with OCSC.

12:46 - SKC confirms Collin to OCSC, Sapong to Philly, and Anor from Columbus via Twitter.

12:53 - OCSC finally completes the Tally Hall acquisition[14] .

12/09/14: http://next.mlssoccer.com/post/2014...phens-returns-mls-signs-hometown-chicago-fire

REGULAR SEASON NEWS:

Will be updated in 2015

Last edited:
DRAFT-TRADE WINDOW TIMELINE:

9:18
- Union decline options on Corben Bone, Fred, Brian Brown, Conor Casey and Cristhian Hernandez. Brian Carroll is out of contract.[2]

10:00 - Paul Tenorio reporting that OCSC has completed trades for Aombi Okugo and Aurelien Collin. SKC gets allocation $ and future considerations; Philly gets allocation $ and 2016 second round pick. OCSC also picks up a two-year international slot from DCU for allocation money. (Link not included due to the Reddit spam filter auto-nuking any comments or posts that link to his outlet.)

10:08 - @thegoalkeeper: I can confirm that the Union will acquire C.J. Sapong from Sporting Kansas City via trade. More to come.[3]

10:39 - @SamMcDowell11: Sources also tell me #SportingKC will acquire midfielder Bernardo Anor from Columbus Crew in exchange for allocation money.[4]

11:01 - Timbers trade Harrington to Colorado in exchange for Garber Bucks.[5]

11:16 - Timbers sign Ghana national team goalkeeper Adam Larsen-Kwarasey[6]

11:33 - Rose City marches on: Timbers sign 22-year-old Colombian winger/forward Dairon Asprilla[7] .

11:46 - Timbers acquire Nat Borchers from RSL in exchange for allocation money[8]

11:49 - NYCFC acquire Josh Williams from the Crew for allocation money[9]

12:05 - Portland exercises purchase option on Alvas Powell, signs to a long-term[10] .

12:16 - Portland signs Brazilian defender Jeanderson Salvador Pereira.[11]

12:27 - DCU sends Joe Willis and Samuel Inkoom to Houston for Andrew Driver and a 2016 fourth round pick[12] .

12:32 - Timbers have announced which options they've picked up[13] : Fochive, Nanchoff, Wallace, Zemanski, Peay, Gleeson, and Weber. Fernandez contract discussions are ongoing. Alhassan, Evans, Gallego, Kah all were declined - Evans has signed with T2. McKenzie and O'Rourke are out of contract. Valencia sold to Olimpo Bahia Blanca.

12:34 - Paul Tenorio reporting both Collin and Okugo have agreed to new (non-DP) deals with OCSC.

12:46 - SKC confirms Collin to OCSC, Sapong to Philly, and Anor from Columbus via Twitter.

12:53 - OCSC finally completes the Tally Hall acquisition[14] .

12/11/14: NEWS SET 1:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...5-regular-season-thread.320826/#post-10301330

Last edited:
All I know is that my Houston Dynamo failed hard this past season. First two years in Houston, two championships. Since? Conference titles and finals appearances... but no more than two championships. I can only hope the Dynamo can return to their championship winning ways. Whatever it takes to get there, I hope it all pays off in the end.

Orlando City FC got their first win in team history against... my Dynamo. Yep. We failed to these upstarts with a 1-0 defeat after HOU had an Own Goal giving Orlando City FC the win. The game was here in Houston at the lovely (though I've never been to it) BBVA Compass Stadium.

Earlier this week or last weekend, both Orlando City FC and New York City FC each scored their first goals in team history. The game was in Orlando at the Citrus Bowl, and NYCFC hit their first goal. Kaka (yes- THAT Kaka if you know your international footballers) hit an improbable goal after an NYCFC foul to make it 1-1. That game ended that way- a 1-1 tie.

I can't guarantee I'll make this thread relevant and buzzing, but I'll do what I can to discuss my Dynamo (and some other teams) from time to time.

Major League Soccer fans in Minnesota, you got a new team coming! It is being reported that there will be a new Minnesota United to begin their first MLS campaign in 2018. Yeah. Football (as in "soccer") in Minnesota. Good for the MLS to expand further. Anything to enhance the appeal and charm of this sport in the United States (and Canada) is fine by me.

On July 29 of this year, it is said that the MLS All-Stars will take on Tottenham Hotspur of the Premier League in Colorado. Sounds like an interesting game for the MLS All-Stars this season. Let's just hope the MLS doesn't get flattened like when they hosted Manchester United here in Houston years ago...

Here is a quick standings update courtesy of the official MLS website: http://www.mlssoccer.com/standings

Your conference leaders are the New England Revolution in Eastern Conference, and Vancouver Whitecaps FC in the Western Conference. My Houston Dynamo are currently 5th in the West with a 2-2-4 record and 10 points.

In a game televised on ESPN2, my Dynamo took down Toronto FC 2-1. Jozy Altidore prevented the shutout for Toronto FC midway in the 2nd Half.

Clint Dempsey was sent off in extra time against the Portland Timbers for ripping to shreds the referee's notebook after sending off team mate Michael Azira. The Sounders ultimately finished with 7 men (three red cards and an injury after the three substitutes) and lost 3-1 while visiting the Timbers in a US Cup match.

Disciplinary:

69' Brad Evans Red card for a double yellow card
113' Michael Azira Red card for an unknown reason (MLSsoccer.com)
114' Clint Dempsey Red card for a double yellow card

Injury Obafemi Martins

Love your football/soccer in the South? Good news for you! Coming in 2017 is Atlanta United FC. It seems like Major League Soccer is gaining popularity with more teams coming into the league. This latest edition coincides with most of the latest teams to join. It's the last team I know of to join MLS since word broke out of a new team in Minnesota joining the MLS in the future. This is all new news to me, but this Atlanta United FC deal was apparently announced back on April 16, 2014.

To follow the goings on with the new MLS team in Atlanta, visit this site: http://mlsatlanta2017.com/ .

DOWN GOES TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR!

2-1 was the final after 90 minutes of play as the Major League Soccer All-Stars took down the Premier League's Tottenham Hotspur. First blood went to the MLS All-Stars thanks to a Penalty Kick by Kaka of the new Orlando City SC in the 20th Minute. Another goal was scored by the MLS All-Stars to make it 2-0 until Tottenham Hotspur knocked in a goal to make it 2-1. All scoring in the first 45 minutes of play.

Congratulations to the MLS All-Stars.

Playoff Picture:

FC Dallas has a mathematical possibility of earning the first playoff spot in the Western conference with a win over state rival Houston Dynamo and a draw/loss by San Jose Earthquakes against Vancouver Whitecaps FC.

Houston Dynamo would also be eliminated with a loss at FC Dallas and a Portland Timbers win at Sporting Kansas City.

A San Jose loss against Vancouver and a FC Dallas win at over Houston eliminates San Jose on wins. As described on FC Dallas.com, currently, San Jose can earn a maximum of 52 points (if they win out). If San Jose loses their next game (and FC Dallas wins), that maximum is now 50 points. Enter the first tie breaker, wins. San Jose would earn those 50 points across 14 wins while FC Dallas earned them in 15 wins.

One last thing to note, the New York Red Bulls clinched a playoff spot in the East.

Programming note: Any fans of Chicago Fire and New York Red Bulls be on the alert. Your game, slated for 5pm Eastern Sunday has been flexed to 7pm Eastern Sunday to align with the kickoff of FC Dallas vs. San Jose Earthquakes. Reason being is that these four teams will decide the fate of the Supporter's Shield, which would go to either New York or FCD. A FC Dallas win and a Red Bulls loss would earn FCD their first Supporter's Shield, and draw result at both matches would earn the Red Bulls the shield based on Goal Differential.

The Chicago Fire and New York Red Bulls game will be broadcasted on ESPN3 in addition to any local coverage.

Back