Model car: 1/25th Dodge Viper GTSR LM edition

• Thread starter B_rad88!
  • 2 comments
United States
Space Coast, Florida, beach side lol
Hey everyone, well I thought I would share one of my other hobbies besides my hobby as a gt2 modder! Also please excuse the rough and crude smartphone pictures as I need to get a new camera.

Its a 1/25th scale plastic model car from amt/ertl of a 1993 dodge viper gts coupe concept car. I was inspired by a photoshopped picture of a hennessy viper venom 1000tt. So I been working on this, My mid-engined "Dodge Viper GTSR LM Edition". I spent alot of time just measuring, marking and cutting the body(roughly 6months total in time just cutting everything up, because I didn't want to mess it up). The body is only tapped together as a mockup for test fitting of the cut-up chassis with mid engine and gearbox placement before I figure out the cut-up interior. I hope you guys like it.

Spied: top secret snake!

20170607_005629.jpg

20170607_005248.jpg

20170607_005317.jpg

Well there is alot more pictures than that. Like I have cut up the chassis and interior into pieces. I used 1/24th die-cast mod viper wheels with custom deep dish rings. Also I chopped up the original gearbox to make a mid engine rear wheel drive gearbox. I'm debating on tring to go with awd or just keep it rwd. I am going to use the 1st gen engine (stock gts coupe engine) but I am modding it too. Custom tubular headers and I'm also turning and machining little trumpets for the intake manifold. Its going to be a street legal, 2 seater, 8.0l v10, mid engine viper road version race car. I am going to try to make a hennessy viper venom 1000tt body kit (front and rear bumper and spoiler) for it since thats the best body kit for the viper, ever!

Thank you for letting me share this hobby of mine. I hope everyone enjoys my wip so far. Also I would like to know if there is any other model builders on here?

Thank you,
Brandon C.

Also I would like to know if there is any other model builders on here?
There is a thread. Not terribly active but it's there.

I haven't done one in about 20 years but I used to assemble 1/24 models pretty regularly. I did some very light custom work (tonneau covers and running boards on trucks, for example) but nothing too serious. A Corvette model pissed me off one too many times so I threw it together quickly and lit it on fire so simulate it being in an accident if that counts. :lol:

TB
There is a thread. Not terribly active but it's there.

I haven't done one in about 20 years but I used to assemble 1/24 models pretty regularly. I did some very light custom work (tonneau covers and running boards on trucks, for example) but nothing too serious. A Corvette model pissed me off one too many times so I threw it together quickly and lit it on fire so simulate it being in an accident if that counts. :lol:

Thank you for the link. And lol, I've had a few builds like that. My most memberable one has to be my 1/16th fujimi countach, as none of it is straight. Everything is warpped on it. Ugh. All I have done to it was cut the roof off to make a targa, but tring to re-straighten the body and chassis got me flustered at it. I also have a tamiya castrol mugen nsx race car, but I can't find the correct green color paint for it, ugh.

Back