Modifying The Hud

Ireland
Ireland
How would one go about modifying the hud in Gran Turismo 2?

I have all the GT2.VOL files extracted, I just don't know where the HUD files are.
I have a feeling it could be data-race.txd but I don't know how to open it.

Last edited:
The HUD is all hardcoded as far as I'm aware, and data-race.txd is just localised text used in-race - there are other TXDs embedded in the OVL.

There's a non-standard .tim image file that has all variants of the rpm tach graduations, and you could in theory edit the font, but pretty much nothing else is editable as far as i'm aware (if we can consider what i've listed as editable lol)

There's a non-standard .tim image file that has all variants of the rpm tach graduations, and you could in theory edit the font, but pretty much nothing else is editable as far as i'm aware (if we can consider what i've listed as editable lol)
That would be game_status_files, which has the graphics for the tachometer, race positions and replay input icons.

Thanks for the replies, it's a shame it can't be done.

I was hoping to be able to remove the red rectangle behind "Total Time", "Lap Time", "Record" and "Best Lap".
And to change the background of the Tachometer and Gear Indicator to black like it was in Gran Turismo 1.

Attachments

• Untitledfesfsvsfewrwr2235d.png
    Untitledfesfsvsfewrwr2235d.png
    209 KB · Views: 28
  • Unti231321132132tled.png
    Unti231321132132tled.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 28
Back