Modifying Your Consoles in Japan Could Now Cost You Dearly Under Revised Law

I see it in more simple terms. Esports is big money now, there fore to come across as a dev or publisher who lets people cheat either through glitches bugs altering game saves and how ever else is now messing with peoples money.

I see this as just a start. Once large amounts of cash or prizes is involved the ,landscape has changed. For better. Or worse i think we will see even stiffer laws brought in .

That's more third party software and or cracking code on software and modifying it. Which is pretty much a violation of most if not all Esport based games, thus have nothing to do with the console or hardware most times. Even then people have found ways to circumvent and cheat even on during competitive sanctioned play. This law does not seem to make sense to the argument you're trying to make.

Apart from the current generation of consoles I've modded/messed with also every console I've owned from the Megadrive and Snes onwards, even if it was just stuff like piggyback catridges to run imports etc., through to full on opening stuff and soldering bits in. Part of the fun. As are emulators and massive rom collections of stuff you never got to play back in the day.

Back