Mogshots Advanced [12th June - My new REAL car!]

• Thread starter Moglet
  • 711 comments
Hi guys! It's been a while since I've visited this thread, and for now there's still no update but there is an announcement of an upcoming one.

Today me and my girlfriend got engaged, and to celebrate this I'll be doing a combined Christmas and engagement update very soon! 👍 I'm not sure what it'll contain as such but it'll probably be very white and snowy :P

Wow! That's excellent news!
Pop the champagne and let's celebrate! :cheers:

(One more time!) :sly:

Congrats Mog, that's great. :cheers: Looking forward to your update, you've always been one of the guys I've looked to for great work that inspires. ;)

Ah! T'is the season to be jolly! Congrats Mog! Hope you two have a long and healthy relationship. 👍

Abstract Art

It's been a while since I did one of these sets, so here we go, all taken in GT5 with no editing except for brightness, contrast and cropping. They're a bit mad, so I get the feeling you'll either love them or hate them but I like them.

Interesting stuff Mog. The first is nice quite electric. And the last is an interesting effect.

How did that halftone pattern come about in the third one, if thats in game?

Oh... Interesting... And looking really good! 👍 That last one looks a little like snowflakes falling into a cave from inside. And the one before hand reminds me of the Lion King... But the rock is overhanging the sea at sunset...

I know that neither of those are what I described because spots like I described don't exist in GT5. So please, tell me. Where did you take them!? :P

Very original stuff Moglet. All these experiment produce interesting results. Like many others my fav' are the first and the last. Nice job 👍

Great work, Mog; my personal favourites are pictures #3 and #4. 👍

I'm, just like George, wondering how the pattern in the third shot was generated.

Thanks for the great feedback everyone! The halftone pattern is entirely in game and was achieved by photographing a 'flashing' ghosted car (after I had been given a shortcut penalty) at a slow shutter speed.

Thanks for the great feedback everyone! The halftone pattern is entirely in game and was achieved by photographing a 'flashing' ghosted car (after I had been given a shortcut penalty) at a slow shutter speed.

Ahh, very interesting. I can see why that pattern would be there now. Very clever mate. 👍

Last edited:
You dirty cheating bas****...:)
Great set though Moglet. Always nice to see something different.

I'd like to say I was cheating, but not in the way you think. I was driving a hybrid'd'd'd'd X2010 and had 'an accident' at 400mph, causing me to 'cut' the corner by flying across it at high speed. :lol:

Excellent stuff Mog - love the contrasting color choice in each shot. And the green is sublime. How did you get the squiggly lines in the 1st shot?

I'd like to say I was cheating, but not in the way you think. I was driving a hybrid'd'd'd'd X2010 and had 'an accident' at 400mph, causing me to 'cut' the corner by flying across it at high speed. :lol:
You must have a bad reaction time then. :P

Excellent stuff Mog - love the contrasting color choice in each shot. And the green is sublime. How did you get the squiggly lines in the 1st shot?

Thanks! The squiggly lines were just sparks flying from the back of the X2010 shot at a slow shutter speed.

You must have a bad reaction time then. :P

It was my first time driving the car, I probably should have used the version of the track without the chicanes in. :lol:

A bit of extra editing on a reject shot from the PMC this week.

Previous Contest Entries

CCCL Week 108

PMC Week 123

PMC Week 124

PMC Week 125

2.0 Advanced Week 122

2.0 Advanced Week 123

2.0 Advanced Week 125

3.0 Week 9

Back