Moments that induce controller related violence

• Thread starter Tommy_861
  • 89 comments
United States
NY
Tommy_861
I've been inspired by a recent event in the game to add this thread here for everyone to post a moment (just one) that made you want to:

- toss your controller against the wall so hard it shatters
- throw your PS3 from the roof
- rip your steering wheel off and beat it against the ground till it breaks in half

Mine just happened (after 4 hours of being stuck on 2nd place in the NASCAR challenge) I decided to do the JGTC event which is pretty easy, so I get in my EPSON NSX and proceed to drop the whole pack by the end of lap 1. I then backed off, made it a leisurely drive hoping for a little excitement by the AI pushing me a bit. Well on Lap 10 the AI decided it would be a good time to try and pass me, and so they did with a pit maneuver putting me into the wall somewhere and into 12th place by far on the last freekin lap.

I have B-Spec bob doing some races now to give me a break and prevent my wheel from being smashed into a million pieces.

It was almost as fun as when the NASCAR guys pit maneuver you at Daytona all the time.

Whats yours?

Cote d'Aur historic cup with a Ferrari P4. All 37 times I got pit maneuvered on the first lap and had to restart.

Several times today.
I did the Sebastian Vettel Challenge and attempted to Gold Suzuka.
I spent 6 hours on it in one go.
I got 0.5 seconds away at one point, then 0.3, then 0.2.
I was screaming in my head.
Then I just calmed down.
I spent the final 2 hours trying and trying.
Then, I got a fantastic lap time, 1:05.2.
All I had to do was get a decent second lap, then at Degner 1, I got disqualified.
I punched my steering wheel in the middle to minimise damage, I shouted at everyone for being noisy and then I hit myself in the eye.
I was quite angry.

My B spec level 26 and my bob was class 27. I threw it against the wall and repeatedly stamped on it thinking my bob was better than me. My biggest fail ever.

I forgot which series it was but I kept getting pit maneuvered at The Ring, and after an hour my controller got slammed on the ground. Needless to say I now attempt to control my controller rage

My death of a DS3 came at the hands of my feet...

I use a wheel, you see, and it's attached to an Obutto, so I have to enter and exit the seat from the same side. Well, I had just bought the Trans-Cammer, and was going to take it to the 'Ring, to drive it in to the night. I hadn't yet done the 'Ring at night, so I wanted to experience it as best I could, so I turned out the lights and climbed in to my rig. When I sat down, I noticed my computer monitor was still on, so I stood up to go turn it off... my foot landed squarely on one of my DS3s that had been charging. It was quite a loud crunch, and when I flicked the lights on, I saw that I had stepped flat on top of it, causing the L2 and R2 to blow out catastrophically. R2 took R1 with it as well.

Never broken a controller in anger.

The biggest one for me so far was the historic race car event in extreme. I probably spent 700+ thousand credits and 3-4 hours. I honestly contemplated kicking my g27 against the wall multiple times but cooler less expensive thoughts thankfully prevailed. Finally did it with the shelby.

I have yet to break any ps3 accessories due to cost but I'd say I probably broke 4-5 controllers over my history with the ps2. One controller I literally twisted in half.

haha the first post made me laugh. I was having a hard time with the gtr seasonal event and punched my g25 (held up well) and then i realised i had sport hard on instead of sport soft.

Top Gear Lotus challenge... I was in 2nd place very early in lap 2 and just needed to take it easy and make the pass. From out of nowhere I get disqualified because another car had knocked a cone into the middle of the road on the previous lap and I hit it.

my b-spec driver pitted before the last lap for gas but miscalculated what was needed and ran out anyway before last turn limping in at 3rd when he was a lap ahead.

Oh and when he is going for a pass and you send the overtake command he then proceeds to back off and give up. And when there is a pileup in front of him he is so polite he will just sit there and wait for everyone to get back in the race before taking off instead of picking up 4 or 5 positions... what a sport he is!

At some point during the Vettel Nurburgring challenge I withheld all I could but popped the DFGT pretty good.

I beat the Suzuka challenge by .023. If it were .023 the other way I would have melted down bit time

The Camper Challenge got to me. I have to be careful as I am on my last controller. If I could figure where the spring went I could get another up and running!

I did eventually get a first on that event... on my Birthday... fortunately.

IA 10 license test.... just slightly slow out the last turn and narrowly missing out on doing it not passing the f40 that was in 7th.....

I think anyone who breaks a controller over a videogame is seriously not fit for playing videogames. It's a game. It's meant to be enjoyable...and if a game drives you to vent frustration on an inanimate object then you are clearly missing the point of videogames. It's natural to get frustrated but please, if you are tempted to break a controller over a videogame then you need to reassess your priorities.

I know I sound like a douche in this post but come on folks, it's a game, and it's Christmas so if you find yourself getting frustrated, then maybe nip down to the kitchen and make yourselves a cup of tea and relax. Wasn't that nice? I've just saved you the cost of a controller and/or an expensive masonry bill. Merry Christmas!

-Anything Cote d'azur related.
-Gold on Vettel challenge.
-Anything B-spec related.
You guys should see my game room, everything is broken.

Just kidding, I do have to take a break or I'll smash everything in sight :lol:

being 0,007 seconds off on the gtr breaking test
This!
f54e0165.jpg

Being 3 hours into the Mazda (4hr) endurance race, pausing the game to let the dogs out, then realizing I don't need to pause given my 15 lap lead, go to cancel the pause and accidentally end up hitting RESTART!!!

Why is there still no Confirm Restart option?

Being 3 hours into the Mazda (4hr) endurance race, pausing the game to let the dogs out, then realizing I don't need to pause given my 15 lap lead, go to cancel the pause and accidentally end up hitting RESTART!!!

Why is there still no Confirm Restart option?

I've done this several times.
Fortunately for me, I was only 10 minutes in.

I would agree that Video Games are supposed to be fun and should in no way induce controller related violence.

Unfortunately some parts of GT5 do not fall into the category as I am not blessed with the ability to sail through license tests, Golding each one effortlessly. A hard earned Bronze is more or less my limit. On reflection I suspect that it may have been License Test S-8 that was the last straw for me. I just managed two further attempts at that (still trying to pass it) before Quitting the game. I shall return to something else less stressful in GT5 after midnight to pick up tomorrows "goodies". Most likely some money grinding!

I would agree that Video Games are supposed to be fun and should in no way induce controller related violence.

Unfortunately some parts of GT5 do not fall into the category as I am not blessed with the ability to sail through license tests, Golding each one effortlessly. A hard earned Bronze is more or less my limit. On reflection I suspect that it may have been License Test S-8 that was the last straw for me. I just managed two further attempts at that (still trying to pass it) before Quitting the game. I shall return to something else less stressful in GT5 after midnight to pick up tomorrows "goodies". Most likely some money grinding!

Is that the one with the 8C?
I hate that car, every License Test or Special Event with it is so hard.
That car handles like a donkey, so heavy.

Yes, that is the 8C test. The last cars you need to pass seem to have considerably better performance which is frustrating to put it politely! The genius that decided to put all this emphasis on overtaking in too many license tests should be congratulated for annoying me greatly with them. Overtaking in a race is fine as you can if the need arises get creative. In a license test you get Disqualified at the least provocation. Bring back the old fast lap S License... please!

Top Gear special events and the Final nascar special event

Also getting disqualified from an event/lic test because the AI cars ram you when you have the driving line

Yes, that is the 8C test. The last cars you need to pass seem to have considerably better performance which is frustrating to put it politely! The genius that decided to put all this emphasis on overtaking in too many license tests should be congratulated for annoying me greatly with them. Overtaking in a race is fine as you can if the need arises get creative. In a license test you get Disqualified at the least provocation. Bring back the old fast lap S License... please!

On that one, I had to take a massive gamble and hope I didn't get disqualified for the last chicane, I just dived down the inside.

Back