Monday Night Racing (Recruiting)

• Thread starter MasterGT
  • 274 comments
Monday Night Racing

November 27 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Subaru BRZ GT300 2021, 478 HP, 2535 lbs, Tires=Racing Hard, (target PP = 728-ish)

Add only the Racing Transmission.

Subaru-BRZ-GT300-Shikisai-no-Oka.jpg

Tracks & Conditions, (Laps)
Barcelona No Chicane, Tires=7X Fuel=5X, (10)
Grand Valley Highway 1, Tires=7X Fuel=5X*, (9)
St Croix C, Tires=7X Fuel=4X, (5)

Come for the free beer, stay for the great racing.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

December 4 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 1968, 425 HP, 3979 Lbs, Tires = any Comfort, (target PP = 505.59)

Add the usual Fully Customizable Suspension, Transmission, Differential. The Brake Controller may help some drivers.

Dodge-Charger-RT-1968-White-Mountain-National-Forest.jpg

Maggiore Center Reverse, Tires=X Fuel=4X, (16)
Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile Reverse, Tires=X Fuel=8X, (14)
Goodwood, Tires=5X Fuel=X, (10)

Monday Night Racing

December 11 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Peugeot RCZ Rally Car, Dirt Tires, Snow Tires, Racing Transmission, Brake Balance Controller

Peugeot-RCZ-Gr-4-Rally-Car-Callaghan-Road.jpg

Tracks (Laps)
Lake Louise Short Reverse, (15)
Lake Louise Long Reverse, (9)
Fisherman's Ranch Reverse, (5)

Lake Louise Short, (15)
Lake Louise Long, (9)
Fisherman's Ranch, (5)

Monday Night Racing

December 18 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: NISMO 400R 1995, 394 HP, 3417 lbs, Tires = Comfort Soft, (Max PP = 532)

Add the usual FC Suspension, Different, Manual Transmission, Vectoring Differential, and Brake Controller.

This car is offered by Haggerty's only (not available now). It is a rare R33 which set the quickest production car lap at Nordschleife, in its day - just under 8 minutes. The GT7 tires that we will use easily offer lap times under 8 minutes, too. You should be able to get less than 7'48.

The car also takes its time getting up to terminal speed, so that helped determine which tracks we use here. And being an AWD car, we have to have a challenging course for it, too. Gearing and braking will be important. There is some aero and with default part differences, the PP level will be set, this time.

NISMO-400-R-1995-Shiretoko-Cape.jpg

Streets Of Willow, Tires=8X Fuel=6X, (12)
La Sarthe No Chicane, Tires=18X Fuel=8X*, (4)
Nordschleife, Tires=9X Fuel=6X, (2)

Because Christmas is on a Monday, the race tracks will all be closed for the holiday.

However, rest up and keep sober for ringing in the new year, January 1st!

Stay safe, have a wonderful holiday, see you in the new year.

Monday Night Racing

January 15 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Ferrari FXX K 2014, 1034 HP, 2586 lbs, Tires= Racing Hard, (target PP- 7872.70)

Add the FC Manual Transmission; the default car has the other necessary parts. You may benefit from the Brake Controller, too.

This is a ticket car.

Ferrari-FXX-K-2014-Gondola-Boarding-Point.jpg

Barcelona National, Tires=6X Fuel=3X, (13)
Grand Valley Highway 1, Tires=6X Fuel=3X8, (9)
Suzuka GP, Tires=6X Fuel=3X*, (8)

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

January 22 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Chaparral 2X VGT, 905 HP, 992 lbs, Tires= Racing Soft

With Racing Soft tires, no tire wear or fuel to worry about, the only concerns left are our driving, not bugging our neighbours, and not splattering ourselves all over the walls. Hitting curbs is not a good idea in this car. GT7 allows it to flip onto its roof.

Since the POV will be so low to the ground, pick your favourite view. Also, practice, otherwise you will wish that you had.

Chaparral-2-X-VGT-Parking-Structure.jpg

Tracks, (Laps)
Laguna Seca, (13)
Tokyo East Counter-clockwise, (10)
Special Stage Route X, (4)

Monday Night Racing

February 12 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: VW Scirocco Gr.4, 358 HP, 2315 lbs, Tires = Sport Soft, (target PP = 625ish)

Add the Racing Transmission. Since the car is a FWD, using the Brake Controller can certainly help with control.

VW-Scirocco-Gr-4-Lingotto.jpg

Maggiore East End, Tires = 8X Fuel = 8X, (18)
Barcellona National, Tires = 8X Fuel = 8X, (11)
Nurburgring Sprint, Tires = 8X Fuel = 8X, (10)

Since this is an FWD, it gives very consistent times. Join us tonight and find out how consistent.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

February 19 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Honda NSX Type R 2002, 290 HP, 2800 lbs, Tires = Sport Hard, (target PP = 539.10)

Add the normal FC Suspension, Differential, Manual Transmission.

Honda-NSX-Type-R-2002-Marmaronisi.jpg

Brands Hatch Indy, Tires=10X Fuel=7, (17)
Streets Of Willow, Tires=10X Fuel=8X, (11)
Trial Mountain, Tires=10X Fuel=7*, (7)

Monday Night Racing

February 26 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Lamborghini Huracan GT3, 576 HP, 2712 lbs, Tires= Racing Hard, add the Racing Transmission, (target PP = 742ish)

Lambo-Huracan-GT3-Lingotto.jpg

Road Atlanta, Tires=4X Fuel=4X, (13)
Monza, Tires=5X Fuel=4X, (9)
Watkins Glen Long, Tires=5* Fuel=5X*, (9)

It's Monday. Come race with us!

Monday Night Racing

March 4 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Renault R4 GTL 1985, 33 HP, 1587 lbs, Tires = Comfort Hard, normal computer, Tires = 50X Fuel = 39X
Set #1: (PP = 149)
Set #2: (PP = 159), Full Control Computer

Add the normal FC Suspension, Manual Transmission, Differential, and Brake Controller.

These races won't be entirely typical for MNR. The lobby will be private because of the lack of host controls. During the second set of races, the Full Control Computer will be allowed giving a whopping 2 more HP! That's a 6% increase, so don't laugh. Tire wear will not be a problem. Fuel usage will be close for all races, especially Set #2.

Because this is such a low-powered car, these should be very close momentum races, meaning that drivers will be using proper out-in-out techniques. That wide entry is not permission to dive-bomb corners. Drivers will have their hands full trying to keep their speed up. They don't need to be worried about getting pushed off the track, too. Right?

Renault-R4-GTL-1985-Bl-fjallavegur.jpg

Tracks & Conditions, (Laps) @149PP
Maggiore Center (11)
Tsukuba (10)
Tokyo Central Counter-clockwise (7)

Tracks & Conditions, (Laps) @159PP
Maggiore Center (12)
Tsukuba (10)
Tokyo Central Counter-clockwise (7)

(The colour of the GTL should have been white, but it's too late now.)

It's Monday. Come for the free beer, stay for the great racing.

Last edited:
hello master gt, I am interested in joining monday night races, have some questions as I am new to the playstation platform

how do I add you to friends, is it in game or through the playstation menu?
also do you all do a voice chat while racing or is communication done another way? I normally race with speakers but can plug in headphones to the controller if needed

thanks. my psn is same as my gtplanet account, notarjy

Thanks for your interest in our racing, notarjy.

My PSN ID is at the bottom of the first post: MastrGT. I can send a PSN friend request or new member add to our private PSN thread. Our primary communication is there, so there is more than one way to connect.

Most of us do use Party Chat. Headphones help with better communication as picking up room noise can annoy other drivers.

Stick with us and your driving will get better.

I tried to add you as a friend, notarjy, but your settings won't allow that. Send me a friend request to MastrGT, or change your settings.

Monday Night Racing

March 11 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C3) 1969, 298 HP, 3422 lbs, Tires = Comfort Soft, (target PP = 484.51)

There is more than one C3, so make sure that you get the correct one. It should still be available in the Used Dealership for another day.

The C3 benefits a lot from a good tune. Overhaul the car (frame, engine, oil). Add the FC Suspension, Differential and Manual Transmission. The Brake Controller can help.

Corvette-Convertible-C3-Pit-Lane-Watkins-Glen.jpg

Watkins Glen Short, Tires = 8X* Fuel = 6X*, (11)
Grand Valley South, Tires = 9X Fuel = 6X, (11)
Deep Forest, Tires = 10X Fuel = 6X, (9)

It's Monday. Come race with us!

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

March 18 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Ferrari F12berlinetta, 730 HP, 3362 lbs, Tires = Sport Medium, (target PP = 654.32)

Add the FC Suspension, Differential, Manual Transmission. You can use the Brake Controller, but I didn't feel that it was necessary.

The heavy car handles well, with a good tune. Berlinette means little saloon, or sports coupe.

Ferrari_F12berlinetta_2012_Villa_Celimontana_Gardens.jpg

Big Willow, Tires=4X* Fuel=3X, (13)
Spa, Tires=5X Fuel=3X, (6)
St Croix C, Tires=5X, Fuel=3X, (4)

How not to take Spa Turn 1 There is no inside line.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

March 25 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: BVLGARI Aluminum VGT, 394 HP, 2205 lbs, Tires= Sport Hard, (target PP = 619.47)

This is another untunable VGT sled. It handles OK, but with stock tires, you need to acclimate to it and be careful.

BVLGARI-Aluminum-VGT-Piazzale-Michelangelo.jpg

Alsace Village, Tires=8X Fuel=7X, (12)
Sardegna, Road Track B, Tires=9X Fuel=8X,(8)
Lago Maggiore Full, Tires=9X Fuel=8X, (7)

April is one of the months with 5 Mondays, but the special event will be held first rather than last. April Fool's!

Special Event: There are four timed races increasing in length, on four very different tracks. This makes for about two hours of good racing.

Monday Night Racing

April 1 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: TVR Tuscan Speed 6 2000, 360 HP, 2425 lbs, Tires = Sport Hard, (target PP = 573.47)

Add the FC Suspension, Differential, Manual Transmission, Brake Controller.

TVR-Tuscan-Speed-6-2000-Derwentwater-Lakeside.jpg

Race #1:
Goodwood, Tires= 9X Fuel 10X, (15 minutes)
Race #2: Brands Hatch, Tires = 10X Fuel = 9X, (20 minutes)
Race #3: Tokyo East Clockwise, Tires = 10X Fuel = 5X, (25 minutes)
Race #4: Nurburgring Endurance, Tires = 10X Fuel = 4X, (30 minutes)

Race #4 is planned on 3 laps, but the leaders may get 4 laps.

Don't hit what you can see. [SCCA rulebook]

Firstly, I would like to welcome all of the new drivers who joined us, recently. You seem to enjoy our type of tough but fair challenges and style of racing, and I look forward to you racing with us often.

Even though the last night's special event was different than our typical racing (that's what makes it special), they were good challenges and made us all think. The room was quiet from a healthy dose of concentration. That's the best, most honest feedback in real time that a host could ever ask for. 🥰

Thanks for the invite. Its too bad I couldn't pick up the TVR in time (its a very cool car), but hopefully next week I'll be a little more competitive.
I try to make sure that everyone can have the car each week, either because it is always in a dealership or, with enough heads-up, to get it in the used dealership. You fell inbetween.

My signature links most of the cars that we have used. Unused cars shouldn't be permanently modified, unless you have a duplicate. Compare the PP of your car with the weekly room settings. It is based on stock power, weight, tires and the added FC parts listed. That way we all use the same adjustable car.

Also, new cars will get used ASAP, so get at least one of each when they first get released. Most of us have spare credits, by now. We are going to use a 20M credit car at year's end, but which one hasn't been decided yet. Saving up credits now would be a good idea.

I try to make sure that everyone can have the car each week, either because it is always in a dealership or, with enough heads-up, to get it in the used dealership. You fell inbetween.

My signature links most of the cars that we have used. Unused cars shouldn't be permanently modified, unless you have a duplicate. Compare the PP of your car with the weekly room settings. It is based on stock power, weight, tires and the added FC parts listed. That way we all use the same adjustable car.

Also, new cars will get used ASAP, so get at least one of each when they first get released. Most of us have spare credits, by now. We are going to use a 20M credit car at year's end, but which one hasn't been decided yet. Saving up credits now would be a good idea.
wow, 20M credits! I need to start grinding lol

Do you always post the next car on the Sunday before the race?

Last edited:
wow, 20M credits! I need to start grinding lol

Do you always post the next car on the Sunday before the race?
No, I post the details Friday nights on the PSN channel, only if necessary on Saturday. Look there first.

I post events here whenever I can, usually on Saturdays or Sundays.

You have time to grind, plus doing the Weekly Challenges is consistently profitable. There are a number of different grinding races. I preferred the Sardegna one.

Back