Monday Night Racing (Recruiting)

• Thread starter MasterGT
  • 259 comments
Monday Night Racing

April 18 @ 7:30 Eastern, reprised the following Wednesday afternoon @ 2:30 Eastern

Car: Jaguar F-Type Gr.3, 732 PP, 550 HP, 2756 lbs, Tires = Racing Hard, Tires = 5X Fuel = 5X

Jaguar-F-Type-Gr-3-cherry-blossoms.jpg

Tracks & Conditions, (Laps):
Big Willow (13)
Dragon Trail Seaside (9)
Sardegna RT A Reverse (9)

Consumables should not be a problem; however, curbs do upset the car.

Come for the free beer, stay for the great racing.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

May 2 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: Subaru BRZ S 2015, 454 PP, 197 HP, 2712 lbs, Tires = Comfort Soft

Subaru-BRZ-S-2015.jpg

Sardegna Layout C Reverse, Tires=5X Fuel=8X, (13)
Autopolis Short, Tires=4X Fuel=8X, (10)
Tokyo Expressway Center Counterclockwise, Tires=4X Fuel=6X, (9)

There is enough headroom for a Fully Customizable Transmission, Suspension and the Differential. These tires have lots of grip with this HP, if you use the differential.

Last edited:
The next car is the Honda Civic EK Touring Car. You have had two chances to buy it.

If you don't have it yet, use the normal version tuned in the same way as the TC, plus the FCTrans. Or use the current Type-R on the used lot now. At this time in GT7's short history, I would rather see you race than not race.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

May 9 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: Honda Civic EK Touring Car, 555 PP, 247 HP, 1863 lbs, Tires = Sport Hard

If by chance you don't have the Touring Car version yet, use the normal model (or the Type-R currently in the used lot) with the height-adjustable suspension, the FCDifferential, and the computer. You all will need the FCTransmission, too.

Honda-Civic-Type-R-EK-Touring-Car.jpg

Blue Moon Infield A Reverse, Tires = 6X* Fuel = 9X*, (11)
Yamigiwa, Tires = 6X Fuel = 7X*, (9)
Monza, Tires = 6X* Fuel = 7X, (7)

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

May 16 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, 580 PP, 434 HP, 3494 lbs, Tires = Sport Medium

Alfa-Romeo-8-C-Competizione.jpg

High Speed Ring Reverse, Tires = 4X Fuel = 4X, (11)
Tokyo South Clockwise, Tires = 5X Fuel = 4X, (9)
Maggiore Full Reverse, Tires = 4X Fuel = 5X, (7)

The 8C required a special bit of care to drive, even with a tune and Sport Medium tires. I will have to refine my settings some more, over time.

Monday Night Racing

May 23 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: Dodge Viper SRT GT3-R, 760 PP, 676 HP, 2844 lbs, Tires = Racing Hard, Tires = 4X Fuel = 4X

Laguna Seca (11)
Interlagos (10)
Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa + Miyabi Reverse (7)

Since May 30th is a 5th Monday of a month, the next MNR will be radically different. In fact, it will be the antithesis of a normal MNR. If you haven't raced with us for a while, please join in and give useful feedback.

Monday Night Racing

May 30 @ 7:30 Eastern

All drivers will get a chance to pick combinations of tracks, road cars (PP), and suitable tires. The chosen PP will be entered into a random number generator with a +-25 range. That way, nobody will know beforehand exactly what any PP limit will be. Chances are that you will need tires, but we can't waste time fiddling with a lot of tuning, so be prepared to race what you brung.

The more cars and tires that you have, the easier it will be for everyone to find a suitable car and get racing. Picking extreme PP values won't work, at this time. According to my garage, the PP range for road cars is between about 235 and 680, choose a range that fits well within those values. Drivers may not have many cars at the extremes.

Let's try to have 5-10 minutes between race starts.

The main idea, here, is to test using PP only to set up races. Does it, can it, work?

The lobbies will be for friends only while we experiment, so let's try to fill the lobby.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

May 30 @ 7:30 Eastern

All drivers will get a chance to pick combinations of tracks, road cars (PP), and suitable tires. The chosen PP will be entered into a random number generator with a +-25 range. That way, nobody will know beforehand exactly what any PP limit will be. Chances are that you will need tires, but we can't waste time fiddling with a lot of tuning, so be prepared to race what you brung.

The more cars and tires that you have, the easier it will be for everyone to find a suitable car and get racing. Picking extreme PP values won't work, at this time. According to my garage, the PP range for road cars is between about 235 and 680, choose a range that fits well within those values. Drivers may not have many cars at the extremes.

Let's try to have 5-10 minutes between race starts.

The main idea, here, is to test using PP only to set up races. Does it, can it, work?

The lobbies will be for friends only while we experiment, so let's try to fill the lobby.
Having thought about this performance point limit racing as trialed last Monday, I’m not in favor as it tends to spread the competition in place of bringing competition together. It may be okay if each had to hit the pp level with a specific car. I’m always open for new ways to make racing enjoyable / exciting. Thanks for putting Monday nights together.

Thank, Rob. PP-only racing, at the moment, is not ready for prime time. It is too hit-and-miss, especially if one driver happens to be in a ringer car. This is exactly why I run one-make races. I have learned, ever since ToCA 2-3, that PP systems can't work all of the time.

Look at the amount of effort PDI put into GT Sport's Sport Mode. All they did was fiddle with the PP values for Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars, for years! They never even touched a street car, as far as I know. With this as a reference, I will continue to make fair races the only way fair races can work right.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

June 6 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: Daihatsu Copen 2002, 255 PP, 62 HP, 1830 lbs, Tires = Comfort Hard

Daihatsu-Copen-Ameya-Street.jpg

Brands Hatch Indy, Tires = 25X Fuel = 31X, (13)
Maggiore East End, Tires = 25X Fuel = 30X, (13)
Maggiore West End Reverse, Tires = 25X Fuel = 28X, (11)

Last edited:
Thank, Rob. PP-only racing, at the moment, is not ready for prime time. It is too hit-and-miss, especially if one driver happens to be in a ringer car. This is exactly why I run one-make races. I have learned, ever since ToCA 2-3, that PP systems can't work all of the time.

Look at the amount of effort PDI put into GT Sport's Sport Mode. All they did was fiddle with the PP values for Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars, for years! They never even touched a street car, as far as I know. With this as a reference, I will continue to make fair races the only way fair races can work right.
The way to make it work is to not have only one value. But that gets into some gray area, so...
Yeah, you're right.

The way to make it work is to not have only one value. But that gets into some gray area, so...
Yeah, you're right.
To have a limit on excess PP, a PP limit must be set. For crying out loud, they don't even include a PP value for nitrous! That's nuts! Even the small PP headroom that I include here, to account for suspension adjustment differences, can be manipulated widely.

The only way to have fair races is to limit what drivers can do and to use the same car. To allow a free choice of car and rely on PP only, which can be manipulated like crazy, is foolhardy. Imagine a racing body limiting the ratings of their cars by the way a car's suspension is adjusted. Won't happen.

Monday Night Racing

June 13 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: Toyota Sprinter Trueno 1600GT APEX S.Shigano Version, 507 PP, 207 HP, 1819 lbs, Tires = Sport Hard

Add the normal Fully Customizable parts: Differential, Manual Transmission, and Suspension. I also added Brake Balance, to properly trail brake. That brings the PP up to about 507. Because every change made to help control the car kept the PP below that, 507 will be the maximum.

Toyota-Sprinter-Trueno-S-Shigano-Jackson-Square.jpg

Alsace Test Course, Tires = 12X Fuel = 10X, (16)
Yamigiwa Reverse, Tires = 12X Fuel = 9X, (8)
St Croix A, Tires = 12X Fuel = 9X*, (4)

Please tune your car and practice. This is a touge car, so you need to get control of it, and the tracks were picked, literally, to throw the car for a loop. Don't underestimate what Alsace can do to your peace of mind.

Last edited:
Well, that was an unusual night of racing! A good response to the car and good driving even from unknown drivers.

You missed a fun night.

Monday Night Racing

June 20 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series 2020, 683 PP, 719 HP, 3395 lbs, Sport Soft tires

That's 4.72 lbs per HP! What a beast, but it feels tame with a tune that controls the rear end! Mind the curbs at Nurburgring, though. Add the normal FC Suspension, FC Differential and the FC Manual Transmission. Add the brake balancer, if you wish, but it isn't really necessary with this car.

Wippermann.jpg

Tracks & Conditions, (Laps)
Sardegna B Reverse, Tires = 2X Fuel = 3X (10)
Fuji, Tires = 3X Fuel = 3X (9)
Nordschleife, Tires= 2X Fuel = 2X* (3)

With this much HP it is a bit of a handful, if you go off of the track, so practice. It is also a wide car, so be careful when passing.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

June 27 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: AUDI R8 LMS Evolution 2019, 760 PP, 576 HP, 2723 lbs, Tires = Racing Hard, Tires = 5X Fuel = 4X

The car has just about everything that you need, but you will want the Racing Transmission and the Brake Balance Controller.

AUDI-R8-LMS-Evolution-2019.jpg

Tracks (Laps)
Watkins Glen (9)
Tokyo East Counterclockwise (8)
La Sarthe w/c (4)

You will want to prep your car with a good tune and put in some miles using it, to get acclimated to its handling. No matter what, you need to tame the beast. You can try my settings, above, but the car really doesn't like Watkins Glen.

Last edited:
Monday is a US holiday, so here is a great chance to challenge yourself in MNR.

Monday Night Racing

July 4 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: MAZDA Eunos (NA) 1989, 381 PP, 117 HP, 2072, Tires = Comfort Medium

Add the normal fully adjustable parts: Differential, Manual Transmission, Suspension. The Brake Balance controller may help you, too.

MAZDA-Eunos-Roadster-NA-1989-Olympic-Cauldron-Vancouver.jpg

Tracks (Laps)
Broad Bean Raceway Reverse, Tires = 15X Fuel = 15X, (22)
Maggiore East End Reverse, Tires = 15X Fuel = 15X, (15)
Sardegna C Reverse, Tires = 15X Fuel = 15X, (12)

The default settings are a handful, so you will need a tune and you should practice, even though the tracks are simple. The tracks were chosen to upset the car and toss it around. It does not like 90* turns, either.

Last edited:
The next car is the classic Ford Roadster, so if you don't have it yet, buy it now. You will have a great chance to work on your tune for it, during the next MNR.

These races will give you an excellent opportunity to work on your tune for this classic car, so I really look forward to seeing lots of new drivers join us, on Monday.

Monday Night Racing

July 11 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car & Conditions: Ford Roadster, 450 PP, 179 HP, 2458 lbs, Tires = Comfort Soft @ 10X, Fuel = 9X

Add the normal Fully Customizable parts: Suspension, Manual Transmission, Differential, Brake Balance Controller

Ford-Roadster-Rue-du-Sault-au-Matelot-Quebec.jpg

Tracks (Laps)
Blue Moon Infield B (14) (*fuel)
Watkins Glen Short (10) (*tires)
Goodwood (10) (*tires)

My tune that I will link makes the car very reliable, but you still have to be careful with worn tires on exits. The gears will just stop wheelspin on grid starts and will help with fuel usage, my guess is even with automatic transmissions on some of the tracks.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

July 18 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car & Conditions: Dodge challenger R/T 1970, 530 PP, 425 Hp, 3801, Tires = Sport Hard @ 9X Fuel = 5X*

Add the normal Fully Customizable parts: Differential, Transmission and Suspension.

Dodge-Challenger-R-T-1970-Jackson-Square.jpg

Tracks (Laps)
Interlagos (8)
Daytona Road Course* (7)
Trial Mountain Reverse* (7)

This is a bit of a point and shoot car, so be careful of the accelerator on the exits.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

July 25 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 2010, 762 PP, 599 HP, 2425 lbs, Tires = Racing Hard

This is a Gr.3 car, so it needs the Racing Transmission, the rest come as standard equipment.

Aston-Martin-DBR9-GT1-2010.jpg

Tracks, Conditions, (Laps)
Barcelona, Tires = 7X Fuel = 6X, (9)
Autopolis IRC, Tires = 7X Fuel = 6X, (9)
Spa 24 Hr layout, Tires = 7X Fuel = 8X*, (9)

Plan your Spa strategy. Pit lane penalties will be turned on. Please race this wonderful Gr.3 car with us tonight. You won't regret it.

Last edited:
That was a strange but wonderful night of racing. Lots of good drivers that I haven't seen for a while showed up, to drive the DBR9.

Hello all,
Just came across this post. This format/timeslot may fit perfect. Is it just open lobby and free to join?

Back