Monday Night Racing (Recruiting)

• Thread starter MasterGT
  • 259 comments
Turbotoast here, dropping by to thank you @MasterGT for organizing these weekly races. Clean, fair, and fun, along with a very nice and friendly bunch of people to race with. 👍🏼
Thanks, Turbotoast! Having clean, fair and fun was always my goal. As you saw in real time, changes were made to the lobby to help keep the racing fun, too. Challenging, but still fun.

Monday Night Racing

September 26 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: BMW Z4 Gr.3, 716 PP, 522 HP, 2623 lbs, Tires = Racing Hard, Racing Transmission

The car will hold WOT through HSR's last curve beautifully.

BMW-Z4-Gr-3-Drees.jpg

Tracks & Conditions, (Laps)
High Speed Ring, Tires = 4X Fuel = 4X, (13)
Tokyo Express Central Clockwise, Tires = 5X Fuel 5X*, (12)
Nurburgring GP, Tires = 5X Fuel 5X, (8)

The car is very stable and consistent. A fun car, for sure.

Come for the free beer, stay for the great racing.

Last edited:
Another good Monday night, thank you MasterGT for organizing!

For those of you that need credits you have 1 more day to gain 2 million credits in the Sport online time trial challenge. Sofar I just squeezed in for the gold. Good luck!

Monday Night Racing

October 3 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: NISSAN Silvia K's Type S S!4, 483 PP, 216 HP, 2690 lbs, Tires = Sport Hard

Add the normal Fully Customizable parts: Differential, Suspension and Manual Transmission

NISSAN-Silvia-K-s-Type-S-S14-Tokyo-Metropolitan-Government-Building.jpg

Streets of Willow, Tires = 10X Fuel = 10X, (11)
Deep Forest Reverse, Tires = 10X Fuel = 9X*, (8)
Sardegna Road Track A Reverse, Tires = 10X Fuel = 8X, (7)

Two of the tracks were chosen from the recent, new Silvia Sisters content, so everyone should be familiar with these conditions.This is a fun car to drive and it sounds marvelous, too. Please join in on the fun Monday nights.

The Silvia S14 is a fun car. You still have to drive it, but it does growl, a bit. Now I will have to see how it performs in mixed company.

I haven't noticed this before. An advertisement for NISSAN is currently on this page just when we use a NISSAN car. Oh my.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

October 10 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: Toyota Gr.B Rally Car, Tires = Racing Hard & Dirt, 516 HP, 2601 lbs

This will be another test of racing without a PP restriction. Because some tracks are on dirt, it may not be a fair test.

Toyota-86-Gr-B-Rally-Car-The-Westfjords.jpg

Suzuka Short, Tires = 4X Fuel = 6X, (17)
Sardegna Windmills, (12)
Colorado Springs - Lake (11)

Two tunes will be needed to accommodate the different road surfaces.

Monday Night Racing

October 10 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: Toyota FT-1 Concept Car, Tires = Sport Hard

This car has almost no tuning abilities, but you can still add the Brake Balance controller. If you want to drive a stock car, now's your chance. Fuel is an issue on the longer tracks.

Toyota-FT-1-Sn-fellsnes-Peninsula.jpg

Tracks, (Laps)
Barcelona National, Tires = 6X Fuel = 5X, (11)
Fuji, Tires = 6X Fuel = 5X*, (8)
St Croix A, Tires = 6X Fuel =5X*, (5)

Monday Night Racing

October 24 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: NISSAN GT-R NISMO GT3 2018, 576 HP, 2833 lbs, Tires = Racing Hard

Add the FC transmission, so that you can improve the gears.

NISSAN_GT-R_NISMO_GT3_20188_Hakkoda_Mountains_.jpg

Red Bull Ring, Tires = 6X Fuel = 5X*, (10)
Autopolis GP, Tires = 6X Fuel = 6X, (9)
Trial Mountain Reverse, Tires = 6X Fuel = 6X, (8)

Monday Night Racing

October 31 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car & Conditions: Jaguar F-type R 2014, 542 HP, 3638 lbs, Tires = Sport Medium, FC Transmission, Tires - 5X Fuel = 5X

Any tune for this heavy car needs to control its weight shift. With only 6.7 lbs per HP, it is quite responsive.

Jaguar_F-type_R_2014_Jermyn_Street_.jpg

Tracks (Laps)
Goodwood (13)
Brands Hatch (13)
Daytona Road Course (13)
Maggiore Full Course Reverse (13)

Because today is the 5th Monday of the month, this is a special event. Each race will be 13 laps, in celebration of Hallowe'en.

Come for the candy, stay for the great racing.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

November 7 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car & Conditions: NISSAN Skyline 2000GT-R 1973, 157 HP, 2524, Tires= Comfort Medium, current PP = 402.83, Tires = 20X Fuel = 11X

Add the Fully Customizable Differential, Manual Transmission, Suspension. The Brake Balance Controller is useful with this car.

NISSAN-Skyline-2000-GT-R-1973.jpg

Tracks, (Laps)
Maggiore West End (14)
Interlagos (7)
Tokyo Expressway South Clockwise (7)

With 50-60 people watching these races every day, on average 53 of you, we would love to have more of you joining us on the track each week.

Why not give them a try tonight?

This is an excellent example of our racing, from last night. There is a variety of skill levels, it shows our mistakes, one of the drivers was using a controller for the first time in decades because of an injury, one is around 80 years old, one driver had a completely stock car going up against tuned cars, and so on.

Good, clean, fun racing each week.

Monday Night Racing

November 14 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car & Conditions: Mitsubishi Evolution Final Edition Gr.B Rally Car, 521 HP, 2844 lbs, Racing Har & Dirt Tires, Racing Transmission, Tires & Fuel = 5X

Mitsubishi_Evolution_Final_Ed_Gr.B_Mirabellgarten_.jpg

Tracks, (Laps)
Sardegna Track C (16)
Colorado Springs - Lake Reverse (11)
Fisherman's Ranch Reverse (5)

Monday Night Racing

November 21 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: De Tomaso Mangusta / Dior, 300 HP, 2612 lbs, Tires = Hard & Medium (see note), target PP = 548

Add the normal FC Differential, Manual Transmission, and Suspension.

The Magusta is an unusual car because it contains a mistake on PDI's behalf - the weight distribution is incorrect, massively incorrect, to be more precise. There are at least two ways to deal with this error: add weight to the light end; use staggered tires. I would recommend using staggered tires because adding the maximum weight without reducing car weight can't go far enough to make it right. Without a weight balance, using 4 tires that are the same is just asking for trouble.

I will post my tune when it is more reliable than it is right now.

De-Tomaso-Mangusta-1969.jpg

Maggiore East Reverse, Tires = 6X* Fuel = 7X (10)
Sardegna Road Track A Reverse, Tires = 7X Fuel = 6X* (8)
Monza with chicane, Tires = 7X Fuel = 6X* (8)

Monday Night Racing

November 28 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: Honda Gr.2 NSX Concept-GT 2016, 603 HP, 2313 lbs, Target PP = 842, Tires = Racing Hard

As with most racing cars, you should add the Racing Transmission.

Honda-Gr-2-NSX-Concept-Road-Atlanta-Turn-5.jpg

Barcelona National, Tires = 5X Fuel = 7X*, (15)
Road Atlanta, Tires = 5X Fuel = 5X, (13)
Tokyo Expressway South Counterclockwise, Tires = 5X Fuel 5X*, (9)

The racing last night only reinforced my idea that Road Atlanta now takes the title of the Most Fun track in GT!

For those of you that are experiencing GT7 freezing issues, try to rebuild the database in safe mode. My screen would freeze up for ~1.5s at a time where the race would continue and I would lose time in the race. This started happening with the latest 25th anniversary edition update 1.26. I recently tried the database rebuild and so far so good....

Database rebuild did not resolve the issue, still freezing. Next step is to reinstall GT7 from scratch. If that doesn't work I will proceed with ps4 factory reset after which I will be out of ideas...

Database rebuild did not resolve the issue, still freezing. Next step is to reinstall GT7 from scratch. If that doesn't work I will proceed with ps4 factory reset after which I will be out of

Database rebuild did not resolve the issue, still freezing. Next step is to reinstall GT7 from scratch. If that doesn't work I will proceed with ps4 factory reset after which I will be out of ideas...

This has happened to me a couple of times since last update but only when playing on my own, never in a lobby. Rebuild didn't help here either. I'd wait for next update before factory reset. But that's just me.

This has happened to me a couple of times since last update but only when playing on my own, never in a lobby. Rebuild didn't help here either. I'd wait for next update before factory reset. But that's just me.
Thanks oldguy! I just tried to move the game to external SSD but that did not help either. I have this issue during daily races, time trials and Monday night in MNR lobby also. I don't think a factory reset will help either and agree the fix should come from the next update.

Thanks oldguy! I just tried to move the game to external SSD but that did not help either. I have this issue during daily races, time trials and Monday night in MNR lobby also. I don't think a factory reset will help either and agree the fix should come from the next update.
I let PDI know about this issue, but keep in mind that, without a sure-fire way of triggering it on their end, it may take them a while to figure out what is going on.

Back