Monday Night Racing (Recruiting)

• Thread starter MasterGT
  • 259 comments
Game consoles need clean, reliable power similar to what computers need, so using proper UPSes is a good idea, to not only protect your hardware, but to keep you racing on-line, too. UPSes, however, also need good batteries. If you use SLA (sealed lead-acid) batteries, you should expect 2 or more years out of the typical SLA battery. The last one that I had lasted 2.25 years and had a slightly larger capacity of 9Ah than typically available. You can only expect so much out of a battery, so you need to replace this consumable every so often.

I am familiar with lithium iron phosphate batteries in the typical car battery-sized box, but the smaller sized 12V batteries used in UPSes are not commonly available. Recently, I found one at a reasonable price for how long they are expected to last. They come with their own built-in BMS (battery management system), so this is a truly drop-in fit without fiddling. The battery may outlast my old UPS in which I installed it.

If you want a similar battery, the web page linked below is set up for Canada, but they ship to other countries. I ordered two batteries and got free shipping.

Lithium battery

Last edited:
For those of you that are experiencing GT7 freezing issues, try to rebuild the database in safe mode. My screen would freeze up for ~1.5s at a time where the race would continue and I would lose time in the race. This started happening with the latest 25th anniversary edition update 1.26. I recently tried the database rebuild and so far so good....
How do you rebuild the data base.

How do you rebuild the data base.
Hi Jai, unfortunately this did not work for me in the end. Hopefully it works better for you, always worth a try.

When console is off, keep pushing the power on/off area/button for over 2s until it starts in safe mode. Then connect controller with USB cable and select the ‘rebuild database’ option.

Hi Jai, unfortunately this did not work for me in the end. Hopefully it works better for you, always worth a try.

When console is off, keep pushing the power on/off area/button for over 2s until it starts in safe mode. Then connect controller with USB cable and select the ‘rebuild database’ option.
It did not work for me either. I hope it get fixed on the next update.

After filling up my gas tank, I did some testing and tuning of the Ford Mustang Gr.4 on Racing Hard & Sport Soft tires. The RH tires hide a lot of handling issues, so going forward, MNR will use SS tires on Gr.4 for future races (each car will be assessed on SS tires regardless), until there is enough reason to show why they shouldn't be used.

The RH tires are too sticky and the car handled very well on the SS tires, similar to the SMs on GR.4 in GT Sport. We still have to drive the car, but SSs will make for more of a driver's race.

Monday Night Racing

December 12 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: Ford Mustang Gr.4, 395 HP, 3086 lbs, Tires = Sport Soft, Racing Transmission

This will be the first GT7 MNR using Sport Soft tires on Gr.4 cars. They seem to perform about the same as the Sport Mediums that we used on Gr.4 cars in GT Sport (you can check that out in our GT Sport MNR thread). As good drivers, you are welcome to come join us for this experience.

Ford-Mustang-Gr-4-Tillamook-State-Forest.jpg

Tracks & Conditions, (Laps)
Blue Moon Infield B, Tires = 5X Fuel = 5X, (17)
Sardegna Road Track C Reverse, Tires = 5X Fuel 6X, (16)
High Speed Ring Reverse, Tires = 5X Fuel =5X, (12)

Come for the free beer, stay for the great racing.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

December 19 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: Chevrolet Corvette C8 2020, 494 HP, 3373 lbs, Tires = Sport Medium, [target PP = 602]

Add the normal Fully Customizable Differential, Manual Transmission and Suspension. The brake controller is useful and my tune also adds a bit of ballast to the nose of this heavy car.

Practice your braking points because these tracks were chosen to make the car angry.

Chevy-Corvette-C8-Gastown-Vancouver.jpg

Tracks & Conditions, (Laps)
Streets of Willow Reverse, Tires = 5X Fuel = 4X, (12)
Barcelona GP No Chicane, Tires = 5X Fuel = 5X*, (8)
Watkins Glen Long, Tires = 4X Fuel 4X*, (8)

Last edited:
I apologise for the room problems, but we faced adversity and had fun anyway.

It was nice to see some familiar drivers take on this car and to see new drivers join in, too.

Hey Master,

Can you add me to the Room tonight and chat if you use it, gonna try to jump in by the 2nd race.

Thanks
Sorry, Tom, I saw your message too late. With lobby problems, I never got to check for new messages. I will add you to the Chat. The race lobby is open, so you can join any night.

Last edited:
Monday Night Endurance Race

December 26 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: Chevrolet Corvette C8 2020, 494 HP, 3373 lbs, Tires = Sport Medium, [target PP = 605.27]

Add the normal Fully Customizable Differential, Manual Transmission and Suspension. The brake controller is useful and my tune also adds a bit of ballast to the nose of this heavy car. Otherwise, follow the settings in the linked tune, for a good handling car.

Corvette-C8-improved-Ch-teau-Frontenac.jpg

Tracks & Conditions, (Duration)
Road Atlanta, Tires=3X, Fuel=3X, (1 hour)

Please join us for a special endurance event.

Monday Night Racing

January 2 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: Ford RS 500 Cosworth, 223 HP, 2661 lbs, Tires = Comfort Soft, (target 476 PP)

Add the normal FC Suspension, Differential, and Transmission.

Ford-RS-500-Cosworth-Amesbury.jpg

Tracks & Conditions
Brands Hatch GP, Tires=7X Fuel=7X, (9)
Dragon Trail Gardens, Tires=8X Fuel=8X, (8)
Tokyo East Clockwise, Tires=9X Fuel=7X, (6)

Give yourself a New Year's treat and drive this iconic car with us!

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

January 2 @ 7:30 Eastern

Car: Ford RS 500 Cosworth, 223 HP, 2661 lbs, Tires = Comfort Soft, (target 476 PP)

Add the normal FC Suspension, Differential, and Transmission.

Ford-RS-500-Cosworth-Amesbury.jpg

Tracks & Conditions
Brands Hatch GP, Tires=7X Fuel=7X, (9)
Dragon Trail Gardens, Tires=8X Fuel=8X, (8)
Tokyo East Clockwise, Tires=9X Fuel=7X, (6)

Give yourself a New Year's treat and drive this iconic car with us!

Bummer, Legend car? Don’t have this one and it doesn’t seem to be available currently.

Yes, MNR races are usually based on one car per night. While the car may not be available right now, you are welcome to join in tonight with a similar PP car (not sure which one would be competitive, though), to introduce yourself to the MNR drivers.

Monday Night Racing

January 9 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: McLaren 650S Gr.4, 399 HP, 2866 lbs, Tires = Sport Soft, add the Racing Transmission (target 476 PP).

McLaren_650S_Gr.4_Kampong_Ayer_.jpg

Tracks & Conditions
Blue Moon Infield B Reverse, Tires = 4X Fuel = 5X, (17)
Fuji Short, Tires = 5X Fuel 5X, (9)
St Croix B Reverse, Tires = 5X Fuel 4X, (7)

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

January 16 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm 2020, 532 HP, 3483 lbs, Tires = Sport Medium, (target PP = 605.09)

Add the normal FC Suspension, Differential, and Manual Transmission. You can make use of the Brake Balance Controller, to help with front tire wear and control under braking. Please read my notes about practice on my settings page, linked above.

Alfa_Romeo_Guilia_GTAm_Sette_Martiri_Canal_.jpg

Tracks & Conditions
Tokyo Expressway Central Clockwise, Tires = 4X Fuel = 3X, (12)
Deep Forest, Tires = 4X Fuel = 4X*, (10)
Interlagos, Tires = 4X Fuel = 4X*, (9)

Monday Night Racing

January 23 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Pagani Zonda R 2009, 737 HP, 2359 lbs, Tires = Racing Hard, Racing Transmission, (target PP = 785)

Pagani-Zonda-R-Grand-Canal.jpg

Tracks & Conditions
Yamagiwa Reverse, Tires = 4X Fuel = 4X*, (10)
La Sarthe, Tires = 5X Fuel = 3X, (4)
Nordschleife, Tires = 2X Fuel = 2X, (3)

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

January 30 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Plymouth Superbird 1970, 425 HP, 3869, Tires = Sport Hard, (target 530 PP)

Fully Customizable parts should be added, for better handling and control: Differential, Suspension, and the Racing Transmission. The Brake Controller can also help. Two appropriate tunes, for road courses and ovals, are available.

This upcoming MNR will be a special 5th Monday event. We will feature a famous, iconic car from 1970 and we will use it on its first win track, Daytona. The car requires attention while driving it, so please practice.

Plymouth-Superbird-1970-Woodward-Avenue.jpg

Tracks & Conditions
Blue Moon Speedway Reverse, Tires=8X Fuel=6X, (23)
Road Atlanta, Tires=6X Fuel=6X*, (10)
Watkins Glen International, Tires=6X Fuel=6X*, (7)
Daytona, Tires=9X Fuel=6X, (35)
Any survivors will pick additional tracks.

Last edited:
Thanks, Pete! Great to see some old friends getting back into GT again. You did well, too.

The car sure was an odd one, but still fun to drive.

Monday Night Racing

February 6 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Renault Sport V6 24V 2000, 229 HP, 2943 lbs, Tires = Comfort Soft, (target PP 481.77 PP)

Add the normal FC parts: Suspension, Manual Transmission, Differential. The Brake Balance Control can help.

Renault-Sport-Clio-V6-24-V-2000-Beuvron-en-Auge.jpg

Tracks & Conditions
Laguna Seca, Tires=8X Fuel=8X*, (9)
Alsace Village, Tires=8X Fuel=8X, (6)
St. Croix A Reverse, Tires=8X Fuel=8X*, (4)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back